MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

My accountant disagrees.
If you already have an income ( which my acc advises ), it shows you donā€™t need that income from trading to live of.
I actually phoned hmrc a few years ago, they told me in no uncertain terms as I was trading for myself and not for others I was not considered a trader but a personal investor.
Each case is examined individually, and I believe alot of it comes down to how you express what your doing.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s basically whether it is a job or not. If it is a job, your income from it is taxed. If it is not, it is treated as capital gains. There are definitely shades of grey between the two that HMRC may exploit though.

1 Like

Hihihi today I got a student to buy over 50 MAID :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

We gonna get listed!!!

13 Likes

If every forum member can get 100 people each to buy a small amount in MAID, we could hit our 1M mark. Bittrex withdraw fee would give a 10 MAID haircut, soā€¦ It would also help to launch MAID on for instance Algorand, for cheap transaction fees and more flexibility.

4 Likes

I hope internet friends count because as I get older my circle is starting to be whittled down. :sweat_smile:

Definitely a worthy goal. Iā€™ve gotten a few people on board but I am a little reluctant to get new people without something more tangible for them. Otherwise I get concerned we may have more of the same of people feeling trapped and concerned the price isnā€™t appreciating enough. Not enough focus on the token, etc etc

As soon as we have a test net running for two weeks straight Iā€™m getting a SN tattoo (second to @Dimitar shakes fist) and Iā€™ll hit the road as an evangelist.

10 Likes

36 posts were merged into an existing topic: NRS Brainstorming Megathread

Hey fellow MAIDā€™ers. Apologies as I am cheating a bit by asking this vice doing my own research. Can someone point me via link, or explain to me, how one would convert their current sack-o-MaidSafeCoins to SafeCoin Tokens (or whatever Safe Token entity is chosen), given that the coins are currently kept in a wallet? Asking for a friendā€¦ :sunglasses:

I think I can explain this one.

ā€¦

There isnā€™t any.

Not until there is a stable network. Hope for 2022, but could take longer. All hail 2023, the final frontier.

edit:
Thereā€™s been a history of incorrect predictions as to when the network will be stable. There is always a fluctuation between having public test-networks and developers tweaking code themselves outside of those test-networks. You will want to keep an eye out for a time where there is nothing but constant public test-nets; this is the time where any of them could become the stable network. However, I do think that there is a difference between ā€œMaxwellā€ and ā€œFlemingā€ and such releasesā€”with the ā€œFlemingā€ release being the current goal. Thus maybe there will be: many test-nets, and then Maxwell will be worked on, and then many more test-nets, then finally the stable network.

Just please donā€™t use proprietary formats like .pdf, if you can avoid it.

Apologies Audity, I worded my question poorly. WHEN the time comes for converting tokens, what is the mechanical, step-by-step process of the transaction? OR has the process even been developed yet? Have heard so much talk about coin-to-token conversions like itā€™s a standard crypto process and they do it [or it happens] all the time. For example,

1. Disclose my coin holding to MaidSafe.
  2. Go through coin-holding account verification by MaidSafe.
  3. Share wallet key with MaidSafe
  4. Transfer MaidSafeCoins to MaidSafe
  5. Wait for MaidSafe to transfer new SafeCoin Tokens into my wallet.

How is the coin converted to a token?

1 Like

Every time I think there will be no more chances to get cheep maid we get one more dip to pick up another bargain!!

Maybe Iā€™m being ever optimistic but a successful test net may give us an opertunity to decouple from bit coin and go on our own way price wise.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s only for @Sascha - the rest of us will be delighted to scratch around and take advantage if possible of inexpensive MAID. - No me, been ordered to keep all my dosh for the winter festivitiesā€¦

3 Likes

Well I blew some of the Christmas budget on more maid at these fantastic prices.

Now just woundering if the wife would be happy with one earing this christmas and the second one next christmas?

5 Likes

Nearly 4 for a pound now looks like I might have to cancel Christmas altogether this year :joy:

2 Likes

if it gets to 4 for a pound I might have to cancel new year as well!!!

1 Like

There I was thinking I snagged a Black Friday Promo, shouldā€™ve known they always inflate the non-discounted price :joy:

I cancelled Xmas once I learnt it was just Saturnalia rebranded to get the pagans onboard, Saturnalia was a horrible celebration , mocking ppl and then slaughtering them.

But I have no children, and currently no woman to please, or else Iā€™m sure Iā€™d give in.

3 Likes

Could he a number one in the making ā€œIā€™m dreaming of a white Saturnaliaā€

3 Likes

Bugger yer effette southern Saturnalia, Iā€™m having a Cool Celtic Yule.

With mead and quaffing (which is like glugging but less gets spilt), story-telling and the Enlightenment of Virgins. Also Budvar.

1 Like