MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Wait are there problems with some of the exchanges MAID is on right now, like Bittrex? Is that a reason for price stagnation? No idea. I thought that P2PB2B or whatever exchange was functional now, though of course it being a less reputable CEX, doesn’t instill as much confidence as Bittrex or maybe even HitBTC.

Someone said recently the wallet was offline at trex, just the normal wallet maintenance I’d assume.

Edit.
Just checked and it is still offline, I’m not concerned, normal for trex.
Ppl can still trade, but not send or withdraw for the time being.

1 Like

Wallet maintenance has been going on for all last week, to be fair, a fair amount of their wallets are under maintenance. It’s just taking a very long time. Maid being traded on only 2 exchanges its concerning they can lock selling and retrieving coins out of the exchange for such a long time!

Not something that would be acceptable on a stock exchange, somehow it’s ok with crypto.

Definitely doesn’t inspire confidence for traders being unable to send or retrieve your maid from an exchange for over a week.

It is completely normal behavior though from trex.
A pita maybe, but nothing can be done about it so no point getting stressed.

2 Likes

Just hoping it’s not much longer. I really don’t like leaving anything on an exchange, I’m sure there are others like me!

1 Like

You should probably avoid talking about exchanges as you seem to lie alot and can’t even speak the truth on which exchanges you use.

Cmon, we’ve just calmed down another thread that got heated.
Let’s not ignite another fire pls.

3 Likes

What happened to MAID to ERC20? This would have made it tradable on DEXs. Seeing as there is no known time to launch it might be helpful to allow trading in ERC20. Certainly won’t hurt.

1 Like

I’ve not heard anything from @DeusNexus about it recently.

I think he may have held back as someone was looking into another solution, but I’ve heard nothing about that in a good while, hopefully it’s not come to a dead end.

2 Likes

No worries, no time for petty internet wars, life is too short to bother, put on ignore the second it started! :blush:

3 Likes

As you where exposed as a liar and made a fool out of yourself, I understand you all of a sudden “don’t have time”.

[quote=“tobbetj, post:3973, topic:32970”]

No problem if you don’t have time. I have time and won’t forget. :hugs:

It’s definitely/like getting it put on a DEX? I would think a project like this would want that above all else.

Again I don’t want to push other developments out of the picture, but I see merit in what you’ve stated: that no one can predict near/actual successful launches — hence people should truly acknowledge this, not pretend that they’re all “secretly Nostradamus, thus resulting in feeling no need to progress OMNI into ERC20 for a coin that’s been around since 2014.”

2 Likes

My personal view is that people who love Safe can speculate with 5-10% of their money in other tokens, where the probability of a faster return is higher, because that way they will be able to help Safe if the money runs out again.

It is enough to look at the BambooGarden Fund to see the strength of this strategy.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like

I’d actually forgotten about that fund. While I think that it as an isolated ETH fund doesn’t discount having both an Omni and ERC20 option open for the general public (the latter option of which I don’t truly know the implications of, though I would assume mostly/all positive?), it’s nice to be reminded of it.

Speaking of BambooGarden Fund (BGF): has it kept growing because of the price growth of Ethereum?
There looks to be around a 50% increase since the thread started in March 18th. I don’t know how the funds have been handled, however. Either way, I’m sure it has been hugely helpful. I also just remembered that there were some other donations to it beyond the initial one. Overall, a great help!

Back to ERC20 option: it may be helpful to pick out the small amount of detriments towards creating it, because otherwise there only seems to be a lovely multitude of benefits.

I feel like these are the only detriments: 1. Making it happen in the first place by taking resources away from other things (though, actually, maybe the BGF can help there [unless it’s a type of task not warranted to be worked on by the BGF]?) 2. Finding a way to succinctly transition both Omni and ERC20 to SNT, when that time comes.

I guess one major benefit not talked about would be for everyone to stop their obsession with bringing it up :slight_smile: .

Just trying to make everything benefit and erase all possibilities of FUD/doubt. Although, there seems to be some sentiment that drawing more attention to this space will also draw attackers (… as if data/money/communication that never disappears on an unhackable greatly efficient private/public global autonomous network, that benefits everyone’s basic needs + forces existing organizations to also benefit and even be more ethical, is something to be attacked).

5 Likes

No worries, nothing is halted or at a dead end, on the contrary. That’s all I can say for now.

14 Likes

Yes, there is progress, but it’s still too early to share more than that :blush:

16 Likes

It’s nice to see a retrace on price. Its slowly going back up!

2 Likes

Its just bouncing around that range….

During a major bull run we are more than 50 percent off the high which was only slightly above the previous ATH.
I am not calling for 20 cents, but it really shouldn’t be that much of a surprise especially when this market “matures”

Does not help when the only major exchange we have has had its MAID wallet disabled for maintenance for 12 straight days… :|. Now that pisses me off!

1 Like