MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Oh come on guys, be serious, we have dropped 9 percent today.
We are down approximately 55% from the ATH which barely eclipsed the previous one.
I am interested in buying more when we fall below 40 cents, other than that, unless you can successfully trade this, then this investment is doing nothing, just like silver.
I will check the price once a month,

2 Likes

It’s also reliant on overall crypto, which isn’t as easily predictable. (Neither are the test networks, really.)
40 cents is, ahem, hopeful. For sellers and investors who want more.

I’d suggest it’s fairly realistic, it wasn’t long ago that we reached it. We shall see, the worst outcome for me is range bound stagnation for the next few years, the best case is of course a steady move upwards which then quickens, the second best outcome is a sharp quick heavy fall.

This staying power will pay off. I hope :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Recent test nets (and their lesser iterations) seem to fail as soon as they are released, and I can’t keep up with whether they are failing for the same reason or not. I don’t enjoy scanning the test net forum log…ugh, depressing. Not a techie, but I don’t understand the gap between the dev-team testing and the community testing that is causing the bugs and errors (e.g., diff OS’s, personal system configurations, public-facing IP’s, and etc.). I will HODL my little dogpile of MAID coins, because I have faith in these lads. Just keep coding, change the world. The price WILL (or at least SHOULD with ubiquitous marketing) follow.

3 Likes

Yeah, perils of public test nets. For what it’s worth, when I see these nets, I see a few things. 1) In general it works, decentralized, in the wild. No small thing. 2) It works on the majority of consumer hardware and network setups. No small thing. 3) The SAFE team is now into a real continuous integration mode in the wild, which means good things are happening. 4) There is a simple, non speculative path to resolve basically all performance issues seen so far. 5) Patches are rapid and effective, meaning the foundation is solid. 6) The team is kicking ass and the community is helping.

Always tough to see the sausage being made, but am a techie, never been more confident here, and I’ve been watching since near the beginning.

31 Likes

Most of the failures are due to scale out and what happens when there are section splits, etc. That is difficult to test on limited resources. There are some user specific configuration things like IGD routing (getting connections through users’ home routers) that have cropped up, but they weren’t issues in the past, and they seem to have a known fix.

Things have definitely been improving and the speed is already close to a usable network if they can keep it from falling over on itself after some period of time. According to David, they have barely even focused at all on performance improvements, so there is potential for some substantial gains there on top of what is already close to usable.

17 Likes

Welcome to the world of decentralised open software development, where you are being allowed see and participate in the process that precedes a release! And how many times have you witnessed release of software by a mega corporation that arrives with embarrassing and serious bugs?

So nothing to be concerned about, this is normal, and this isn’t final testing yet either. There’s quite a lot of changes being made all of which will introduce new bugs until we get down to pure bug fixing: in T v5/v6 implementing AE across different areas, and for T v7 switching transactions and rewards over to use DBCs.

At the same time lots of optimisation of messaging is being done, revealed through testing and bug finding, which will introduce some new bugs but has dramatically sped things up. :partying_face:

22 Likes

These tests are also worst case scenario tests, to see if it can run at low optimization; and without a few annoying bugs, it looks like the network is successful in running on its own without human interference. This is huge. In other words, the team started at the bottom of optimization, soon to start working their way toward the top, so to speak.

16 Likes

David’s posted this. I am a non-tech person with only a basic understanding of network functions, but if you consider the pace that the team is currently working at this looks to be a few months of work. Unless of course some of the milestones are easier / harder to address than the previous ones. As people have said before, you’ve got to appreciate that they are doing something that hasn’t been done before and its impossible to give an accurate timeframe on; it’s not ordering a sausage in bread. What I tend to to do is look at what is being planned in posts like these, and then filter through the tech discussion to see what was addressed in future updates. For example T7 looking to be the last major test net before Fleming is positive news so when I see T7 released I know there’s been lots of progress.

13 Likes

This is the key, we don’t know, but we do know we can (now) move fast. So testnets are likely fast but could contain stupidest bugs. The alternative is slower. We are going here for speed above “genius” so real open dev. I hope it works :wink:

27 Likes

A nice wee bump in price but I’m still not selling - cue speculation if it is testnet related or will fall back to the ~1900 level again in a few hours.

Don’t tell me you seriously considering selling anything at less than 190 000?

2 Likes

No - but I might buy some more at 1900 :wink:

3 Likes

Appreciate the comment @dask—as a non-developer, this kind of overview is really helpful. :pray:

3 Likes

I was just thinking about the future of Maid and the progress being made in the latest test nets and I was reminded about this fine piece of technical analysis by @Antifragile with ilistrations by @Dimitar

11 Likes

I was playing around with Fibonacci spirals and really tried my best to get perfect fitting lines of everything. It looks like a squeeze of the bottom support and top trend resistant trend.

11 Likes

So DeusNexus, based on this technical analysis, at what point is the stop/loss order made? What is the target price?

The main liquidity of MAID is against Bitcoin, if Bitcoin falls by 85% from the top it is 10k bitcoin in the game, ie. 20 cents for MAID is a good stop loss but of course if we start the network in the bear market new buyers can appear to shoot the price up… my advice is don’t trade. :dragon:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

5 Likes

Seems they are pretty much taking your advice - low turnover

Funny how Bittrex always seems to put the current price at $1.00 these days. The true price is ~$0.66 which is more than double the sock-munching price IIRC? Those with big bags and bigger balls may want to surf the ripples but Im still #hodling

1 Like