MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Hey guys, you could use tezos. They are building multiple dexies and eth bridges.

contact@tezos.foundation

2 Likes

Leonardo da Vinci designed the flying machine in the 15th century. But it wasn’t realized until the 20th century because the design needed modern combustion engines, material sciences and production capabilities. Innovation processes takes time; it is messy; iterative and is dependent on other innovations and developments; and so on.

People tend to conceptualize innovation process as a linear process going from research →
development → production → marketing (Kline & Rosenberg, 1986). But that’s not how it goes. But the effect is that we perceive the process as going slow, perhaps?

I just thought the perspective might be useful - I reacted to the point of view of the $10B company founder who thought SN a side project…

2 Likes

This!

Then again, I think David himself should just ignore many of the attacks/demands.

17 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Feature - Slow mode

I know what you mean. A few people asked me about what else is big in the space for similar reasons (I bored them with Bitcoin and Docker back in the day! ha!). I tell them about MAID. I tell them it isn’t a hype coin and there are many risks, but it is truly novel and game changing it if works.

In fact, just yesterday a friend of mine was asking about it again. We chat frequently about what to invest in (not just crypto, but stocks/funds, etc) and I think he is looking to dip a toe in the water, after not really getting into the crypto space before. Given he is also a developer, I suggested he read the primer to appreciate just what the technology is trying to deliver, then make his own judgement.

I’m just waiting for the right time to start really pushing the message home to my dev friends. They would be interested in using Safe Network and writing code/apps for it too, once they feel it is close enough to be usable. Then I can stop providing a long list of caveats at the same time too! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Just to explain a bit. The 4 minutes wait time means you cannot post within 4 minutes of your previous post. Or at least that is what it is supposed to do.

The idea is to slow down people firing fast a number of replies. So for instance two people arguing will have to wait 4 minutes before they can post again. The developers of the forum software think this is a good idea to get people to think more before posting in very fast moving topics.

It is set to expire in 10 hours and I will let it go for this time period and people can express their view/opinions/criticisms in the New Feature - Slow mode topic. Please comment if you have a view, feed back is key to help us know when or if we ever use it.

3 Likes

I like a throttle like that. Perhaps a poll?

1 Like

In that topic we may very well do a poll depending on the comments we get from the community. @dirvine , Good idea.

1 Like

Some more info about RenVM describing their path to decentralization (from Aug2020):

3 Likes

Many times rapid responses occur not because of arguing but because good ideas are being presented and responded to quickly. The four-minute wait might tend to put a drag on free flow of ideas. Lord knows I am aware of the arguing point but I think this solution might do more harm than good. Imagine being forced to hold your tongue for four minutes when having a real, live person-to-person discussion with someone.

3 Likes

I think that would be another interesting experiment.

4 Likes

I agree Wrapped looks promising. In weighing the relative merits of the Wrapped route vs what DeusNexus has been working on, I think it comes down to two primary factors: security and speed.

With regards to security, Wrapped seems to have the advantage since they have a track record for pulling this sort of operation off and use recognized custodians.

With regards to speed, Wrapped also seems to have the advantage because they’ve done this before and could more accurately estimate time to market.

@DeusNexus, do you have a sense of how much time it would take to launch the MaidSwap?

Based on the update DeusNexus shared, it appears there are still significant challenges for him to sort through. As such, I think it would be a good idea to reach out to the Wrapped team to get more information on what the process, fees and timing would be. @dirvine is this something Sharon could do? I’m happy to draft up an email she could use or contact Wrapped directly.

4 Likes

I would prefer not Sharon, she is seriously busy. Let me do that, if you have an email I will send it. I feel it may get technical pretty quick.

I am wondering about in relation to CEX as this may seem non-complimentary to that, i.e. a different path?

3 Likes

Sounds good! I’ll draft a message by end of day my time, and send it your way.

Sidebar: I would have rather responded to this message more quickly, but this 4 min delay got in the way. Not a fan… It feels unnatural to not be able to respond right away.

6 Likes

Rather than have the 4-minute throttle in effect the whole time, could it be enabled automatically after a certain number (or percent) of flags by the community?

1 Like

Yes, but binance smart chain has much more users and liquidity than xdai. Just compare their popular swap apps pancakeswap and honeyswap. On honeyswap(xdai) you can’t even sell 10eth for usdc…
And binance smart chain seems to be hot now, every projects that deploys on it is doing well

2 Likes

We might see MAID slip down below 200 if this continues today. Been a rough one.

2 Likes

@dirvine, I’ve sent a draft introductory note for Wrapped to you via email.

I think pursuing Wrapped is a perpendicular path (i.e. they’ll likely intersect down the road). Wrapped is a collaboration between Anchorage and Tokensoft. Both of these partner companies are exceptionally well-connected (e.g. Coinbase is an investor in Tokensoft). I think that partnering with Wrapped to create an erc20 version of MAID would help to develop relationships and open doors that may make listing on CEX easier too. Should wrapped MAID gain traction in DeFi markets, either (or both) the wrapped or OMNI version of MAID may even be more easily listed on CEX.

13 Likes

It was almost an even split between those who thought MAID would stay between 100 and 200 or regain a position in the top 100 by March 15. Few thought MAID would slip below 200.

MAID is currently ranked 150 (as it was when I made the above poll 7 days ago). 150 isn’t an ideal ranking, but I do think that if Fleming releases within the next 3 weeks and we hear positive news on CEX or DEX exchange listings within that timeframe, regaining a spot in the top 100 is more than feasible. We’ll just have to be ready to support announcements with a strong comms strategy. If news outlets with high readership (e.g. CoinDesk) pick up the story, that would be a win.

14 Likes

Agree, as a project encouraging openness and giving people a voice of freedom, timers to limit your rate of discourse seem the exact opposite ethos to what SAFE Network is all about. Now if people were responding so fast it was crashing the forum webhost then that is something else, but this was unneeded imo.

Side thought, will be interesting if wrapped MAID actually helps drive any interest for buyers and existing token holders. I slightly suspect it won’t change much until we have a well functioning product as most the cryptoverse has written the project off after years of no network.

2 Likes