MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

All excellent points @SwissPrivateBanker . Not sure how much $$ you are talking here but anyone that has made a pantload of cash million + with any crypto and wants to move into conventional banking would be wise to have an Attorney or Accountant CPA or their Firm make the banking intros. This gives the client instant recognition and a buffer. You may introduce 5 guys to a bank and if just one is a bad apple, your rep is toast. But you introduce 5 guys to an accounting firm, their DD will dictate, and they will make the banking intros, your rep intact.

4 Likes

I agree totally @dirvine . I think everyone here despise fiat.
My dream is to become a painter and finish my SF book. I work hard so I never have the time.

Cashing out means living off revenue generating assets, and offering yourself freedom for your projects.
40% apartments that I rent on airbnb
30% bonds
10% quality dividend stocks
5% gold
5% art
10% private equity deals or projects that I fancy (can be crypto related or anything really)

thatā€™s my end goal. then I can help others, and sustain my family across generations.

Everyone has a dream. But I canā€™t understand how anyoneā€™s dream could be to become a crypto king hodler. Thatā€™s just a mean for something else.

3 Likes

In Australia I think its $10K if there is no more gains to be made by that investment. If there is more to be made then they will treat it differently or on a case by vase basis.

In any case there is no capital gains until you cash out more than you put in. In Australia they donā€™t want to know you till you make $10K on top of what you put in.

2 Likes

Of course!

Iā€™m in the US and to be honest I have not looked at it closely because I have as yet never converted to fiat. Itā€™s been a recent thought. I share many opinions here about staying in crypto so itā€™s not something that is of huge importance. I guess I started this conversation just wondering how people who have made significant gains spend it in the old world ā€œmost wiselyā€

3 Likes

Invest it in more projects that you think could do some good, like David said :wink:

Thatā€™s it in a nutshell for me. If you have more money then you have more power to support more positive change.

4 Likes

Sunday is an interesting day the last weeks, if you look at the price of MAIDā€¦

Fantastic post! I guess if you take the thought to its logical extreme we all do things for selfish reasons, even giving, if thatā€™s what makes us feel good. Iā€™m thinking along very similar lines as you. The first goal is to get comfortable (which for me is not much) and make sure that my kids will be ok if they make bad life choices. That said, I also want them to have enough incentive to work or get actively involved in something theyā€™re passionate about.

Beyond that, Iā€™m more and more shocked by the level of homelessness in big rich cities (and possibly in small poor towns) and would like to make some small contribution here: http://aurore.asso.fr/
Iā€™d also like to give back to the MAIDSAFE Dev team who are making all the effort, and they can choose what best to do with the funds. Iā€™m truly humbled by your efforts.

So, if I fail to follow up on any of these promises, when/if SAFE coin gets above $5 I invite everyone reading this to give me all the $hit I would then deserve!

7 Likes

Yet another thought I had :grin:
If I died today my crypto funds are gone forever. My wife would not have clue where to start.
Has anyone here made provisions for unexpected departure.
As in explain where and how to access the funds in the event of your demise.
Or am I the only one who has not considered teaching a significant other how to access it.

3 Likes

Very glad youā€™ve posted this. The bigger goal canā€™t be lost. Youā€™d think many more SAFE supporters would have come out now with more public things, now that the community has been quite enriched.

We always need to keep the bigger picture in mind, everyone. What good is a sackful of money if you canā€™t buy anything truly meaningful with it? If youā€™re just going to live and die in the same kind of world as your grandparents etc. Where is the progress / improvement being made for you with that?

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t understand people like Trump etc or any old money personalities. With all the money in the world, and such an elderly body, you would think these people would be pouring billions into projects that truly matter (like SAFE, Xprize etc) and could offer them a chance at another 50+ years potentially, right? /rant :slight_smile:

The bigger picture here is what has brought about all this value in the first place anyway. The vision of SAFE exceeds money in so many ways. The world is so broken, corrupted, and the truth-seekers / world-evolvers are so stomped down in so many ways right now, and SAFE aims to flip all of that inside out &upside down forever for the health, wealth and longevity of all people. So every dollar earned by speculators should be put into furthering the project!!

tl;dr: buy what you need to live, but donā€™t cash in too much because this project isnā€™t stopping until it engulfs the entire global economy. And use everything you can to further the project, because it not only will improve the world, but your own life / survival :slight_smile: (read @ future tech :slight_smile: )

9 Likes

I thought of that, but that is all. Some instruction email that is sent if you donā€™t respond after x time?
After some quick google: https://www.deadmansswitch.net/

3 Likes

Will be good when that service is on SAFE, Iā€™d be more inclined to leave instructions as to where to find private keys and how to access :grinning:

4 Likes

So Iā€™ve been doing some whale watching - exploring the top 100 MAID addresses, really just out of curiosity (I donā€™t actively trade).

It seems this address could be Brock Pierceā€™s, given that he said he bought 10% of MAID at the ICO:
19h9LpXHVKEYzDJCKdhaXkmu3zavZdiyYk

He just moved 1 million MAID three days ago to Poloniex, and has been moving fairly large sums - about 10 million MAID in total now (all seems to have been sent to Polo), so he is down to 34 million MAID in this address. I havenā€™t properly checked this, but it seems he moves when the MAID price surges, I believe a few people here have already noticed this though.

I also wanted to highlight this address:
1AoDUDd2qK9YU3ps5jzd6hWCzF2kLwUoiN

That address has about 9.4 million MAID now. It seems likely they bought around 4.8 million MAID at ICO, and has been accumulating since. In Apr + May this year thereā€™s been 1.3 million MAID sent from Polo to the address. Doesnā€™t necessarily mean current buys, it could just be money stuck on Polo and theyā€™ve been maxing out withdraw limits to get it off Polo.

Now this address with 7 million MAID on it:
1BgQmAZ9wSEF5MvrN6dRopUBr1XDw1PAt

There was quite a lot of big sends to various different addresses so it was difficult to keep track. However it seems likely the owner bought about 33.4 million MAID. I donā€™t know if most of that stack is now sold off or whether itā€™s just kept in different addresses.

Last little bit I wanted to share about whale watching on www.omnichest.info. These three addresses:
133pYGsG2dDVFSsNK5RSuK7fQFmzjCNquY
1Bona24fYY3Qx2uFcnt6eDsWqao5vo6Mez
1LLV91m8jJuaD8tavssMcNu8GdLRu8Nz2n

All with 5 million MAID in each, and if you check the timestamps for when they were sent it was all on the same date: 3/18/2016 2:11:14 AM. Seems very likely one person owns all three wallets for a total of 15 million MAID, and possibly more in other wallets. The coins were all bought at the crowdsale.

Anyway, take from that what you will. My guess is until the address possibly belonging to Brock is done unloading his coins, we wonā€™t be seeing a huge surge in price (against BTC) just yet.

7 Likes

Is there an easy way to see past the top 100? Iā€™m interested to see how the amounts taper across a larger range.

1 Like

Yes look up MAID on OmniChest.info and you can see all sorts of stuff

Iā€™m in the process of sharing deets with a friend who is also a maid holder. Weā€™re going to exchange hard copies in person next time we see each other.

Think they are Maidsafeā€™s.

Well, donā€™t forget the nature of SAFE means there are likely many projects underway that no one knows about and we wonā€™t do until they appear. One of the big USPs of SAFE is anonymity after all. If I were building the wikileaks for SAFE I would probably look at Julian Assange as an example and do it anonymously. Same thing goes for a free marketplace where no one can track anything for taxes or restrict contraband, or if you were going to publish scientific papers for researchers or breach any kind of intellectual property laws etc.

Really, a lot of the coolest and most unique use-cases for SAFE would have to be done covertly imo, so I would not be that surprised if there were a lot more projects being worked on than we see publicly discussed. And Iā€™d wager most will do much more good than harm.

Haha im on the same boatā€¦ my maids are on my trezor, so guess how tricky its gonna beā€¦ gotta make a how to

1 Like

I remember reading about some smart contract Will project last year. It paid out automatically all of your linked assets after a certain number of notarised officials sign certain things at certain times. Seemed liked a very sensible idea. No expensive lawyers for changing your Will, just edit the list and %s etc, simples. I hope it takes off, I could do with that kind of peace of mind.

Sorry, going off-topic.

5 Likes

It is worth remembering that only a relatively small sum of money in a bank is insured. IIRC, it is about 50k or so. If I had millions, I definitely wouldnā€™t sleep soundly with it in a bank.

Of course, there are other safer options, but maybe they arenā€™t as convenient is crypto can be.

2 Likes

Definitely true. Several have reached out to me. One in particular that Iā€™m dying to see them post publicly!! @Nigel :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If you are a couple, you can gift another 11k to your spouse too for their quota. Worth remembering! :slight_smile:

3 Likes