MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

There could be, but perhaps a bit more complex. We can use the digital secure broadcast from AT2 (we do actually, work is in progress with our CRDT guys).

Lots more happening, but great to see all these suggestions, it just makes us stronger and having more than 1 way to crack this is really comfortable.

12 Likes

That’s kind of how I imagine it working too if we want the best of both worlds. I’m wondering if there are other ways though. I don’t know how performant AT2 is but a recent comment from @oetyng perhaps suggests that regardless DBC would bring more to the table in the regards of performance and anonymity. But therein lies the crux of the issue because yes we want the best performance but we may not actually always want anonymity but rather a saved receipt that verifiably proves you made a specific payment to a specific ID or wallet. Now DBC would likely take more weight off the network and be preferred from a network/engineering standpoint but in practical terms would the general population use more of 1: AT2 (fallback/backbone) for online transactions w/receipts or 2: DBC for private and online/offline bearing?

4 Likes

While I agree there are use cases that don’t require full anonymity, or any at all, I feel this is a bit like with comms/data in general. In all being secure and anonymous, everyone is protected. Separating out less protected parts decreases protection for everyone. But that’s naturally a very general and high level view and there might be plenty of combinations/variations that provide enough of what we need of the various aspects. Just wanted to mention it.

11 Likes

@oetyng
Right. So who’s to say we don’t just have full anonymity with DBC and then someone (maybe Maidsafe or other) comes along and makes a second layer solution that is another cryptographic/provable way but using your SafeID and sending a DBC so that the info is either public or has a receipt? I’m assuming that could be possible. Kind of like some verifiable wrapped transaction where transparency is the feature. Like using cash at a store but still being handed a receipt. Less mucking about with lessening full anonymity of the underlying network. Thoughts?

7 Likes

Nice to see us breaking upwards to 14 cent again putting us in the green a little bit year over year. Thanks crypto bull run :joy:.

Now if we just get a network out there people can use maybe we go back to .50 cent+ like the glory days of 2017. I can wait though, ETH is treating me well for now, will sit on my meager MAID bags until the day they serve a purpose for the network and to trade in the crypto space at much higher values than today(hopefully!).

4 Likes

Yeah, 14 cents is almost a clear double on the batch I bought a week ago. Current price action is encouraging though, a lot more interesting and positive than that 10c bracket. Still buyin’

3 Likes

It does look like a full test net is close…
and with the community ERC20 drive, we’re going to top $1.20 again for sure.

We have a lot of meat being slapped on the bones.

Looks like we are due to retake this past years high…

8 Likes

Definitely not complaining, I enjoy checking Blockfolio atm. But isn’t the main reason the USD value is going up, because of Bitcoin’s price appreciation?

2 Likes

Speaking of Blockfolio, does anyone know if the dev updates are still released on Blockfolio’s ‘Signal’ feed? It’s a great way to passively update people that follow your ticker.

Yes. (10 chars)

2 Likes

Simple Technical Overview of MAID by Tradingview.

1 Month

1 Week

1 Day

4 Hours

1 Hour

15 Minutes

4 Likes

Nothing is released from Maidsafe in that feed anymore

1 Like

Penang Lang?

1 Like

@dugcampbell did you handle the weekly dev updates being released across Blockfolio ‘Signal’? Or maybe @frabrunelle? Maybe the social media organizers could get some pointers as I thought the process was automated across multiple platforms at some point.

My understanding is that Blockfolio will only be used for important announcements.
Anyone following the project looking for development updates knows where to look.
Peppering Blockfolio with dev updates could/would cause fatigue… possibly.

3 Likes

Okay fair enough. I remember seeing it in Signal and thinking that was a great way to get in front of eyes. You raise a good point that we should publish news about Fleming etc on there though.

3 Likes

MAID a reasonable proxy for BTC over the last month… no need to ditch to chase the BTC pump.

Any investor from the last few years should be happy at the moment, and the best is yet to come.

11 Likes

Yes, that happened.

Oh?

2 Likes

I think the people I recently got in to the game have regained faith in me.
I can look them in the eye again… over zoom. haha

15 Likes

The last time BTC traded at these levels (>$18K), MAID was trading at ~$0.60 and crossed a dollar within 2 weeks. Let’s hope we here some good news soon on Fleming and ERC20.

To be quite honest, I’m hoping that the combination of Fleming, ERC20, & the BTC-led bull run will see MAID at least double its last ATH in the near term. That would be a price of ~$2.40. It’s be about time that MAID trades with a $1B+ market cap, IMHO.

With the expanded scope of Fleming and the recent UXD enhancements, I’m hoping that Maxwell will be soon to follow. At that point, I don’t see why SAFE wouldn’t be as valuable as say what Cardano was in the last bull run, which was a market cap of ~$23B. That would translate to a MAID price of ~$51.

Seeing as there were many projects that saw 300-1000x returns in the 2017 bull run, I don’t see why MAID can’t be one such this time around.

21 Likes