MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I think it’s more important to consider the value in an asset and not the price. 99% of traders in crypto, or even the stock market look only at the price to determine if something is worth buying. How often do you look at the ranked 100+ projects of coinmarketcap?

How long it takes the big fish to see the value, now we have the first iteration of vaults from home and hopefully more regular artefacts being delivered is anyones guess. But while we have cheap prices, it great for everyone here.

3 Likes

32 posts were split to a new topic: Economics - science or pure chance

Friend, this is not an astrology. This is an exact science, with exact rules…

To be as clear as possible. The price depends only on whether people sell and whether people buy. Everything else is astrology…

4 Likes

Care to wager?

1 Like
3 Likes

MAID/USD - Daily Timeframe

Month of August looks most favorable for a break-out, still time to load up.

3 Likes

Sounds good to me. Just finishing taking down a major expense and will have cash flow again in August. I would love another chance to gorge myself.

1 Like

Oh btw, replying to your original question about making predictions based on graphs, the truth is that most typical TA sucks. and is not because of Weak-EMH, it is because commonly applied TA theories are flawed (ie. elliot waves or looking at head and shoulders, etc…) and they are trapped into apophenia.

But quantitative analysis (“quants”) is a different animal, and they do rely on heavy backtesting (something that would be completely useless if Weak-EMH were true).
Quantitative analysis is to technical analysis what chemistry is to alchemy.

If you want to learn more about “rational” technical analysis, I recommend reading Aronson’s book Evidence-Based Technical Analysis (just a link to amazon, no referral).

2 Likes

Quantitative analysis is a scientific method, used for making quantitative articles often using different regression models or other comparison models to compare relations between dependent and independent variables and constants.

@Southside If you are going heavy into statistics then I would recommend books about econometrics, statistics that are used in college/universities at credible economic programs or scientific method/statistics courses, when comparing to whatever @piluso suggests. I don’t know if you have that interest and I can relate to that if you don’t. Three years was enough for me and I’am glad if I never have to open a econometrics book ever again. I have suffered enough when it comes scientific articles, regression models, testing for normality, skewness, kurtosis, f-test, t-est and so on. :slightly_smiling_face: There are nerds out there that enjoys making regression models and I’am very happy that they do that so I don’t have to.

If you find things like this fun then regressions is probably your thing, today this just give me headache.

3 Likes

Boys, boys. Enough already!

10 Likes

honest, I’m not - I just wanted to know how any prediction that was worth putting good money into could be made on the basis of some lines on a graph that promised to foretell the future.
Frankly beginning to wish I hadn’t asked…
Now I know how folk feel when they ask me in a very casual manner about some aspect of aeronautical engineering and I proceed to tell them - for several hours…

3 Likes

I dunno about the Chicago school or the Austrian school but from the evidence above, it’s the Greeks that are winning…

3 Likes

That is all good, you live and learn everyday.

3 Likes

Probably answered elsewhere but best place to buy coins now? I used to buy on Poloniex. Thanks

4 Likes

I buy from Bittrex and never had any bother

5 Likes

I think your options (outside of US) are Bittrex, Changelly and (only if entirely desperate, avoid at all costs, every disclaimer under the sun, etc.) HitBTC. Currently there are no exchange options for US residents.

7 Likes

Has anyone used HitBTC recently?
I am surprised with their “confidence” status in coinmarketcap, I thought their volume was BS and that they were doing selective scamming.
I am still hesitant to recommend it to my friends.

1 Like

Yeah, the ramp in the price of Hertz in the last few weeks indicates the market is very efficient.

3 Likes

But Hertz are going down… ← Scottish fitba joke

1 Like

When it hits zero, the market can be said to be efficient

3 Likes