MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Well as a “Boothie”, I can’t say I expect that much from Wharton (being slightly facetious here, haha). Marketing was one of my MBA concentrations at the Booth School of Business. While Booth has started offering more online courses, I’m not sure that marketing coursework is available in that format. @andyypants, you can find out a bit more about University of Chicago’s marketing program here: Marketing Curriculum - Kilts Center | Chicago Booth

3 Likes

thanks for doing all this research for me everyone! Yes it really needs to be an online course right now I think. Universities are already a great place to catch a virus and I am not going to an actual campus any time soon. I will check out that Kotler book. I mean in my experience of university the main thing they do is come up with good suggestions for books to read rather then create completely new material haha.

At least that was my experience of a BA in psych. The professors were like chefs that made the ingredients (books/studies/ect) into a package for you. Rarely did they use ingredients they grew themselves though!

Actually what I would do first before reading a book is check any relevant Wikipedia entries. Doing that right now!

Based on what I have so far read Kotler seems to use a sort of applied social psychology approach. I think my system will digest this quite easily.

@piluso @tobbetj @Sotros25

3 Likes

That would depend if you are getting a class from a full time professor (who is also a researcher) or a course instructor (ie. graduate students) or adjunct professors.
At first I didn’t know anything about how the academy ranks worked, and I simply signed up based on what would be more convenient for my schedule, without paying much attention to the titles. Oh boy, that was a huge mistake.

The full time professor would be the one who is actually “growing their own produce”, they live and breathe what they teach, as they will be researching in the field that they are about to teach you.
The rest though, they are just constrained to the contents of the textbook (they might not even have a clue of what they are teaching as the classes are assigned arbitrarily, and not based on your specialty or field of study)

4 Likes

I dunno I had some full time professors that were just go like read this text book and we will discuss. I guess in the discussion they add their own produce sometimes. I dunno though it can be hard to tell because its not like there are citations in conversation to really know if they came up with that or just read it somewhere.

Now occasionally you get one with a big ego cause she did some experiment on the spacestation and you definitely get informed this is my original work in those cases :stuck_out_tongue:

I do agree with you though like when you get those TAs often you have people in the class that actually know the material better then them lmao. Won’t see that happen with a professor teaching undergrads ever.

3 Likes

It is nice to find people who are interested in marketing. The marketing courses where some of the best courses when I studies economics.

You know you have found a marketing friends when you read. @piluso

Principles of marketing is above 1000 pages, an very good book and interesting. I have read probably 300-400 pages, the most relevant stuff. I will post a good lecture from Kotler if I can find it again. Marketing is so much but as you said it is much about relationships and giving the cusomer what they want and need. If you get “Principles of marketing” you will get far into marketing. The lectures with someone who have had high marketing positions, every lecture was an adventure.

When I went through college, in some courses, we had very few lecture hours, so Yale open courses where a perfect substitute. Listening to Noble winner (Riksbanken Price) Robert Shiller 101 Finance course is amazing, such a nice guy.

5 Likes

Well I was wondering if I should come clean for a while, then I figured… what the hell, who cares if everyone knows anyway.
I’ll admit, it’s not me.

6 Likes

Could there be a cheesy niff about this?
The push to 1600 didn’t last long though. I had a wee punt on ETH which failed to work out too well. Might take a small loss on that and lump it into more MAID.

3 Likes

I’ve never had this many MAID before in my life, and still my FOMO is kicking in on a daily basis. I’ve never felt comfortable keeping this many coins on an exchange like poloniex, but the delisting forced me to get myself a Trezor. Now I’m feeling much more comfortable buying, transferring, and holding MAID, I’m sure with me, there are many others feeling the same way.

Steady progress, a dedicated team, and a project I strongly believe the world needs. Yeah, I’ve been buying :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Maid is literally smashing the all-time logarithmic channel resistance with the current price, with these times with increasing anarchism and the need for freedom of speech, it would make a lot of sense for the SafeNetwork to steal the show.

Cannot wait for BTC ratio to go above it too!
First test is supply at the $100M-120M marketcap, after that it could move higher.

18 Likes

It is indeed looking promising price wise, if a bit managed. Maybe the bottom feeder is full. In any case, it is still deep in the ‘buy’ zone and I hope we’ve all loaded up. I’m still buying monthly and won’t even think about it again until price is much higher.

If all it can do is function as a decentralized ultrasecure drop box, then fair value is closer to $1. Multiply by your estimation of the probability of achieving that, discount for how long you think it will take. No speculation about digital bearer bonds, scalable crypto backed by real value, etc. It’s very difficult to look at the progress, do this calculation, and come up with anything other than ‘buy, buy, buy’.

8 Likes

Where are people buying nowadays? Really glad to have a trezor wallet now too. Unlikely I’ll buy much more but may well top up now and then. Would have been nice to have an platform available when the price nosedived recently.

1 Like

Hey are you on TradingView? I would be happy to give you a follow and any MAID analysis support.

5 Likes

A good price is much more fun with exchanges to trade on. One without the the other is useless

2 Likes

Didn’t some other omni coin on Poloniex get listed back, because of power changes? Maybe MAID could go back on there, if that’s a good idea.

1 Like

I love it when the traders come here and try to generate FOMO. Next week’s episode, FUD. Stay tuned…

9 Likes

Even if it (crypto/MAID) goes back down a bit, or even a bit bit, I think the new floor is quite a raised one.

3 Likes

Don’t fomo, just buy when price is red like you say, it’s the best risk strategy.

Personally what I do is buy for couple 100’s every week and scale in over the months of 2020.

4 Likes

Yeah, I only got to half of my target accumulation, but stopped buying when it shot up. Kind of a bummer, but maybe I’ll get a chance to top up later.

2 Likes

Reaching 5 $, will it take us a long time ??

1 Like

5 years I think