MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

damn I was trying to build up a little pile of MAID for ChainRift but these profits are too good to not take. Yay one last awesome flip of MAID on polo lol. Guess on ChainRift I will just have to start on the buy side.

4 Likes

So many rules and regulations, no wonder crypto is suffering. As soon as the Network is live, won’t there be a renewed spirit of living?

5 Likes

I think crypto exchanges as theyexist now are a major reason why cryptocurrencies won’t survive long term.

4 Likes

Let’s make a record here of the current way things are and come back in a month or two and see if things have changed…

Bittrex

• 2.821 BTC waiting to buy
  • 630,592 MAID waiting to be sold
  • 42K MAID and 0.48 BTC avg daily trade volume for past 30 days (source data)

Chainrift

• 0.624 BTC waiting to buy
  • 92,789 MAID waiting to be sold
  • Daily volume is not available for some reason…
27 Likes

Anyone know what happens to unclaimed MAID on Poleniex post 30-Jan?
Feels to me the right thing to do would be for Poleniex to burn or better still, return to MAIDSAFE.

3 Likes

Yea… I don’t like the idea of exchange enforced burn. That would be a waste of SAFECoin on the 1:1 exchange.

I think at least poloniex should prove a permanent burn so the distribution algorithm can be tweaked… Or at least… Yea, return them to foundation

1 Like

I can’t see how a burn helps those who haven’t claimed them. The owners entrusted poloniex to be the custodian of their MAID. Giving barely 6 weeks notice before they are confiscated seems beyond the pail. Destroying them hardly seems much better either.

Given they have the software to return the MAID long into the future or to transfer them to another exchange in their name, anything else seems grossly unfair and arguably theft. I would like to hear some clarity on what is to happen next and how the owners can be repatriated with their MAID in due course.

8 Likes

I think it comes back to the old crypto adage “Don’t store your funds on an exchange.” If you put them there then don’t even look at it for 2 months you really should have withdrawn to a wallet. Hate to see anyone lose their money unfairly of course, but hopefully they won’t make the same mistake twice.

9 Likes

So in fact, 99.99% of all MAID is currently locked/does not sell… Is there another cryptocurrency with more holders :dragon: :rocket: :dragon:

5 Likes

Plus some on HitBTC

1 Like

This can make for an extraordinarily volatile market, at least in one direction (e.g. when we release MVE). An interesting survey may be “at what price would you sell half your MAID?” The answer may be surprising.

1 Like

Maybe the market is also down due to tax loss harvesting, and could rise after the new year.

2 Likes

Now is your chance…

How about we start the New Year/Decade right and get that price movin’ up soon? More would flock to Bittrex/ChainRift (and some would get commissions), various pressure would release on the devs, etc. Sometimes I think people/whales are just lazy :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

I think the price is about right for “We lost polo market, but chainrift did see significant adoption.” Of course that’s very subjective. To me 1500 would be where we fully moved the polo market to chainrift or at least found enough new people there to equal that.

Oh and this thought I am sharing actually goes against my personal interests. I bought that last dip and would love if someone pumped it hard so I could dump my bag on them lol.

1 Like

Bittrex daily volume seems strong today, together with Chainrift it resembles Poloniex. Don’t think I have seen Bittrex btc/maid above 10k daily volume before.

The price should move close to what it where before Poloniex delist or the market would be irrational, as the underlaying value of the project have not changed.

7 Likes

Huge spike in price backed by volume.

1 Like

I am not jumping all over buying cause there are spikes that get up around the old AVERAGE. Need to see this sustained for like at least a couple weeks to turn me bullish on these prices. Buy my horde I got around 1k. Leave me for a couple weeks struggling to buy back. Then and only then would I accept I just gotta bid higher to ever buy.

2 Likes

true… but who will we buy from

There might be a big drop left when Polo decides to sell the remainig MAID left on the exchange for USD after january , because they won’t support OMNI anymore. They have to do something, and they don’t give a **** about the MAID market

2 Likes