MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

The only reason I ask, and it’s far above my head, was that it always seemed like when the discussion of erc20 switch was brought up, one of the main battle points was that there was no way to know that all the Omni tokens had been burned. Could it also be harder to keep track of total float with two protocols? Either way I like the idea much better than doing nothing with no longer seems like an option.

1 Like

Wow that’s some serious speculation going on atm, back up 18%…I’m staying out of this, but someone is making big bucks…

If the Omni MAID is delisted then I think everything would be fine. I’m not certain how you can’t be sure that the tokens were or weren’t burned. Pretty sure burning any bitcoin or asset on top of it is pretty straight forward.

2 Likes
  • A) Hold OMNI MAID till lunch
  • B) With help of community bring easy going tool to switch OMNI MAID to ERC20 MAID to trade and than switch back to OMNI MAID to switch to SafeCoin.

If it is less work for devs…

3 Likes

I think MAID is doing well under the circumstances.

Look at the underlying network token OMNI, its falled to -45% and has stayed there.
MAID has bounced.
I hope Omni network stayes alive longenough for us to claim our SAFECoins.

3 Likes

Im off to do stuff for the day.
My wife and kids are overseas. Work has stopped briefly, I got stuff to do around the house, gym, presents, wrapping, seeing my mother etc.

My couch philosophy regarding this news:

This project has been around for how many years now…? Right.
This project is culminating.
Shit runs down hill. Not the other way.
Remember what forges greatness.Pressure creates diamonds. And explosions. Fire refines gold.
Criminals exist. They operate in the dark. Not the light.
Magical stuff happens around this time of year.
When one door closes another one opens.
Time is an illusion. You want to time travel? Its called memory. One year from now, what will you think about this? Your future self and current self are the same person. What does future you say?
Don’t be emotional. Emotions and milk are for babies. Steady hands.
We’re on a spinning rock flying through space, we don’t really know how we got here and we don’t really know where we are going. What even is all this? Exactly.

See ya’s all a bit later.

And remember.

12 Likes

Very sad news… We said many times that we need decent exchanges

1 Like

Is that a risk worth taking which there is an alternative that brings liquidity and more exposure to the project? Although to be fair Omni core did just get a major upgrade thanks to Tether so it is not dead.

1 Like

Or long enough to transition to ERC20

2 Likes

1 Like

Worst aging post in the history of posts.

16 Likes

I support transition to ERC20. As long as I continually get to be lazy in OMNI storage.
…OK well it’s not like I’m not pretty active, unlike someone even lazier. So I’d be up to converting.
Maybe the gears should turn in that direction? And if it’s not needed, then no harm done?

5 Likes

When moving to a DEX was discussed before people on the team mentioned there could be legal issues with migrating MAID to ERC-20 or Tron tokens. I agree there doesn not seem to be an actual reason for anyone to object. You can keep omni-MAID if you prefer and even then its nice the migrated MAID is discovering price. I don’t know maybe they can find a way to do it legally now that the need is really there. Seems like there should be a way if no stakeholders would object.

1 Like

I just checked out coinmarket cap and see that maid has dropped 35% in the last 24 hrs. So I figured I’d pick up some more but Poloniex as you know does not service US any more and Bittrex US does not trade maid. OpenDex… wouldn’t open. The last resort is HitBTC which seems to have at least let me in. Hopefully the trades are smooth. Anybody here ever have a bad experience with HitBTC? Will maid be listed on any other exchanges soon? Any good DEX’s listing maid? So after getting back into my old HitBTC account I sent $100 USD and bought about 1318 MAID. Never thought I’d see those prices again. I hope there is not a fundamental reason for the drop.

1 Like

Omni is just data embedded into Bitcoin transactions. How can Omni die? Exchanges can drop support etc, sure. Omni could stop being developed further, sure. But I don’t see how Omni can die if Bitcoin is still around.

6 Likes

I wonder if we could make and ERC-20 or Tron token. Then have a multisig where several trust level 3 members control an Omni-MAID wallet and exchange back and fourth with DEX tokens. Sure its got some security issues, mainly if the group that controls it turns out to be untrustworthy theft could happen. But like I trust at least a group of you guys to not ALL be thieves lol.

1 Like

Just bought alot of Maid. Doubled my holdings.

This is what is amazing about crypto, lack of liquidity and an exchange drama and you get get at half price… Or 96% down from the highs…

Did something bad fundamentally happen? NOPE.

Is ERC20 or Omni an issue? NOPE

Looking forward to converting my Maid to the actual network coin when ready.

14 Likes

I just used https://changelly.com

2 Likes

No need to look too far imo. Seen it before here on this topic. Although not everyone saying the sky is falling is in that category.

Very true.

A delisting always brings huge changes in price real quick. These are the weak hands and the traders getting rid of their MAID quickly and it seems someone (here/not-here?) is buying up quickly. If I had an account on any exchanges I would quickly be into poloniex and buying up all those cheap MAID.

8 Likes

I don’t have many other tokens, but at the moment I’m liquidating them to get the cheap MAID … Too good a deal to pass it lol :dragon:

9 Likes