MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Not far till 0

1 Like

Maid survived delistings before. Will it survive this one?

2 Likes

There are a few on here who would like nothing more than people panicking and pointing to the sky falling, but what will that achieve? Will it get code written any quicker? Will it assure the team that they are appreciated? No, it will achieve the opposite.

I, like many others, want the project to succeed. I see that this is bad news, but there are other exchanges out there. Moreover, exchanging from MAID to BTC doesnā€™t require anything fancy - it is just a direct trade of goods, with no interface to banking system etc needed. It shouldnā€™t be expensive or risky to do, but the liquidity gravitates to one place, which is now no longer poloniex.

The last time I used poloniex, I couldnā€™t even sell to GBP and transfer to my account. I had to sell to BTC and then transferred to fiat via bitstamp (long standing account there). If poloniex donā€™t want the bother any more, that is easy fees for some other exchange and I hope one of the others step up to encourage it - they have just been gifted a load of business.

8 Likes

This is sinking like a stone and although price may mean very little now the fact that no market exists is a major issue.

You are wrong. HitBTC and Bittrex exist.

2 Likes

Someone is shaking the tree, imo. There isnā€™t usually nearly enough interest in MAID to warrant such volume, at such short notice. Someone wants people to panic and are looking for cheap MAID, imo.

4 Likes

See how the whole market of 0.22% of ALL MAID disappearsā€¦ ahahah. This is a market of traders only. Everyone else holds! :dragon:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not trying to panic anyone but this is very real.

Additionally our first concern should not be that developers have their head pet and ego stroked. While thatā€™s all nice on the surface that is not what anyone is here for. Secondly, itā€™s not as if this is a new ā€œoh shit where did that come fromā€ issue. It has been an issue for a very long time and chosen to be ignored which is why I think people have the right to be upset. I donā€™t care about the price for my own gain at this point but without the funds the project may stop should they not have what they need. I do care about that and hopefully seeing this to completion.

1 Like

This or anyone else who saw more times, that once the buy wall is there it will go to that buy wall.
300sat left to see 500ā€¦

1 Like

The truth is that 99% of ALL MAID is in steady hands. :dragon:

7 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter whose hands itā€™s in if it canā€™t be sold at a price that can fund the project effectively

4 Likes

It isnā€™t about stroking egos. It is about not saying the sky is falling, when the reality is nothing has changed other than a market place has decided not to trade MAID for BTC.

It isnā€™t great news, but I can trade BTC for MAID without the help from anyone else, should the need arise. Like I keep repeating, MAID to BTC isnā€™t the hard bit, it is MAID to fiat, which can done via BTC through many, many, exchanges.

2 Likes

My MAID are nowhere near an exchange and havenā€™t been for years! :grin:

1 Like

Itā€™s tough though because you need market makers to provide liquidity and now that is basically evaporating before our eyes. This is really not great news.

7 Likes

Hey man, if shitkoin like HEX can be put on 11 exchanges in 10 days, how hard is it really? We just have to move on ERC20ā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™d wonder who is actually selling at this price? A near 50% discount, within hours of the announcement, of one exchange stopping trading in 5 weeks? Bad news, yes, but seems a bit extreme.

2 Likes

We all put money in a community pot to fund the transition with professionals from the community overseeing it.

2 Likes

Aye, if push comes to shove, liquidity can be found in a few ways. Which is why this all seems like a bit of an overreaction.

2 Likes

Tether is currently active on Bitcoin Omni & Ethereum blockchain as an ERC-20 token, and recently on Tron as far as i remember, new Tether assets such as the offshore Chinese yuan (CNH) are ERC-20 only with no Omni equivalent. So do Poloniex still support any of the Omni tokens? or are they just using ERC-20 Tether now?

2 Likes

It complicates things and there is a reason why they didnā€™t want to go that route but Iā€™d agree we could see MAID ACTUALLY being traded and across many more exchanges than before. I think
@maidsafe may need a temporary hire just to solve this issue because they and us honestly could almost certainly only benefit from it. Hell the POA network has a tool that makes creating a ERC20 token a 5 minute process.

I think this is it. Home Ā· poanetwork/token-wizard Wiki Ā· GitHub Used to be a working website but seems to link to github now for whatever reason.

10 Likes