MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

$0.10 bargin and not drop below, but I would much rather see a increase to give our project good runway

Nice one, I have similar thoughts about what the price should be post Fleming.

2 Likes

ya I know itā€™s not the first time we have seen charts like this so I am not in like panic dump everything mode. I would not say it always pulls through however. I mean we have seen much higher prices look like floors in the past but they eventually got beat down cause there was not enough buy support. I agree the question is have we reached the point where someone will come mop up everything. Like there has to be a price where there is just a buyer for all of it. Was thinking thatā€™s what the whale was saying: ā€œIā€™ll buy all the loose MAID on the market for 1300.ā€ Couple of variables to consider are the US market leaving and the loan deal unfreezing a lot of long term HODL MAID. I think those things might have made him say no not at this price can I support an absolute rock bottom.

Will it fall to zero? No not a chance. Somewhere before that is a price someone will buy all of it. Is THIS that price? Not 100% sure on that one.

2 Likes

Nano is fast and feeless. Utility is more important than the currency tech.
Safe for puts, lets see if it takes off.

1 Like

up we go again today. I am worried this is unstable, but Iā€™ll take it.

Gotta kinda speculate that maybe the dev team backed off selling for the moment while the re-org. I still say if they show up today and say ok we need that 90k USD for this months operation the MAID price will get hit hard. I mean them or anyone decides to cash out any substantial amount and we gonna have a problem holding up these prices.

I still feel like my best move is deep buy support. Be there to catch any major crash but also put some on the buy side where every 0.01 BTC of support matters psychologically right now if we want to maintain our current trajectory.

I have always done better ā€œbuilding from the bottom.ā€ If you try to edge up on this you might find nothing under your feet in short order. If you hang back and fill in the order book at prices below -10% you position yourself to actually catch the bottoms for a nice individual benefit. As a group doing this we could build a good safety net against large sells causing an epic crash. What worries me right now is not so much a shortage of really aggressive traders near the current price. What I am concerned about is what happens if they botch it. There is not a lot of support for quite a while if the front line falls.

I think that from all buy walls this year only one holds the price. If you have +/-10% only 2,5Bitcoins (buy/sell orders) nothing really bad can happen. Any large holder with weak hands is not going to sell at -20% or more from current level without strategy to have profit on it like PnD which is risky and from longtherm view does not change much.

No worries.
I would say that MAID has the highest ratio of hardcore HODLers in crypto space, with their coins safely stored in cold wallets.
They also have very strong hands and know better than to sell to shallow list. Most of them is prepared only to buy more when the price drops.
Imho if someone tries to game the market by selling large, he will only loose his coins.
While the resolve of David and his team holds strong, there will always be enough investors to back the project (as shown during recent community loan).

9 Likes

ya but things come up. Someone wrecks their care but has 20k in MAID they might be like well guess I need a car for the day to day and dump their MAID. Dev team deff will be putting about 90k of sell pressure on per month on average. I would say our weakness is buying at whatever price and HODL. Put some orders out you think might not clear but if they do would be a sweet discount. HODLing deff helps, but I think what we need most now is bids to maybe buy if needed cause a medium-large bag needs to exit.

And why you think, that the price would go even lower, when this sell pressure is more likely smaller today than in the past. There is always someone willing to buy if it is enough cheap for him. That is reason why we have price at $0,1-0,2 and not bellow $0,1. When people outside of this forum will be confident, that lunch is near, we will see price higher than anytime in the past.

There is no need to sell loaned Maid for many many months. The brains trust are smarter than that

1 Like

Maybe all the wash transactions on HitBTC will now disappear

Sure I agree with thatā€¦ I mean even Fleming should be a huge confidence boost. I am talking the short to medium term though. If there was a sell of 3-5 BTC tonight that would hurt a lot cause there is really no safety net right now. Not saying it will happen for sure, but if we talking confidence I am more confident to go on the high wire when there is a strong safety net :stuck_out_tongue:

At least for now I am putting my buys into building that safety net. You can thank me later if there is a problem an it catches you :slight_smile: When I am feeling like that is secure Iā€™ll climb up to a bit.

Is there a market where I can get odds on 3-5 BTC not being dumped in the next 24 hours. Iā€™d like some of that

2 Likes

Indeed! My Prediction is that they wonā€™t sell loaned maid until Fleming is released, and they will actually make a profit to pay back the loan and come out on the positive side. They are really smart people. Cheers

3 Likes

sorry for crushing the party but the loan is in MAID and must be return in SAFEcoin, not in fiat, so I donā€™t see how they will make a profit unless you claim that they will trade, something they never didā€¦

No claims, just having a party :tada: go Maidsafe!

2 Likes

Still saying this price is danger zone. We did make it though a couple small liquidations last night. Sell side is really piling up now though, and saying to me we have reached the local peek. I am locked in and ready to buy as people capitulate and accept a lower average. Only thing that will change it is if someone comes along and does a big market buy to beat down what has piled up in the sell book.

Weā€™re also going to follow bitcoin down with the rest of the market. Imagineā€¦ Sub $0.10 prices.
Bargain purchase at next pay day.

1 Like

Does look dangerous.

1 Like

If I was John McAfeeā€™s joy and pride, I would feel deeply melancholic.

1 Like

haha no that looks like a smart play. Iā€™ll buy lots to if we see it get down there. Thatā€™s what I was saying people should be looking at a few days ago. Fill in the support for a ā€œrealā€ push instead of this aggressive drive buy right on the edge.

Do agree bitcoin dropping is somewhat the impetus, but I think this was coming eventually no matter what. We need to dig down and see where people will drop some real significant buy support thatā€™s not like 1 sat lower then the sell side:P Then we might be looking at a true floor. Itā€™s not a floor unless we have some orders under it that will never fill but support that level. Right now we have eager beavers trying to get their buys filled.