MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

It’s unfortunate for us MAID holders here in the US.

Here is the wind down schedule:

October 18, 2019 , US persons will no longer be able to create, or complete the set-up, of a new Poloniex account.

November 1, 2019 , you will no longer be able to execute trades and should no longer deposit assets.

You will be able to access and withdraw your cryptocurrencies, through Circle until at least December 15, 2019 .

4 Likes

come one come all and sell me that MAID lol. This is a real test anyways. Do you believe in this project enough to just withdraw it and HODL with no exchange to trade on? I think a lot of people talk big about HODLing here but faced with the prospect of no market to sell in for potentially a long time they will capitulate. As much as I want to encourage you to sell to me, buying now and HODLing til SAFEcoin is out and exchanges can’t resist listing it might be a brilliant market move!

1 Like

I am doing just that. Have never kept my MAID on Poloniex. I can find ways to sell it if necessary, but I am in it to win it(or lose it all). MAID still has Bittrex International as a legitimate exchange, and Polo will be a legitimate exchange for international (would be cool if MAID could talk to them and see about getting listed on Bittrex US site again with a vetted review).

The home run will be when SAFE network comes and is functioning well and everyone sees how kickass it is, then getting heavy hitter exchanges like Coinbase or Gemini would get me excited heh.

4 Likes

nice! I still think you are a rare bird though. I think a lot are yelling “I AM HARDCORE HOLDer!!!”… but then when they actually have to represent their fronting will run with tail between legs. I could be wrong though. Nice to hear at least one person from the US is not giving up on MAID! I agree with you that when we reach final people are gonna be hammering on the doors of exchanges saying “Let me buy some SAFEcoin damnit!!!”

Poloniex was already off-limits to people from some states, including mine. I’m still here since 2014.

4 Likes

I’ve kept mine on Poloniex instead of moving it to a wallet I control because I’m uncertain how to work with omni and haven’t taken the time to get to the bottom of it. Is there any documentation/recommendations for moving it offline?

I’ve read somewhere that you shouldn’t use HD wallets (which is what I’m using for my Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash). I also believe I’ve read somewhere that you need to spend bitcoin to move omni.

Should I be using this to create a private address and view my MAID once sent?: Omni Layer: Download

Looks like Poloniex wants to charge 8.3% of my MAID to send on-chain to my wallet. Does this 80 MAID fee change based on Bitcoin trading volume?

2 Likes

For anybody who wants to move their coins to cold storage, you can generate bitcoin addresses easily with GitHub - samr7/vanitygen and then move your coins to those addresses.

I haven’t installed it for awhile, as all my devices already have it, but I think this should get you started

git clone https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen.git
cd vanitygen
sudo  apt-get install libpcre3-dev
make

Then to run it (you don’t need it to actually be a vanity address)

./vanitygen 1

Once you have the coins moved over to the address you created, you can see them on https://www.omniwallet.org/ by typing in the public address. No need to set up an account or enter the private keys.

3 Likes

You send Maidsafecoin like you would send Bitcoin, to bitcoin addresses (but no Bitcoin segwit addresses, the address should start with a 1 or that other I forgot). To send maid you need to pay the bitcoin transaction fees, so every time you send Maid you will need to cover the sending fee for a transaction on the Bitcoin blockchain.

2 Likes
  • Store on legacy Bitcoin address is easy way.

• Store on trezor if you have is more easy way.

• To reduce withdraw fee on Polo bellow 1% withdraw 8000 MAID or more at once.

2 Likes

But people previously complained about segwit addresses not working correctly, does it work without problem now?

It works, but it might be with one or two more steps…so it is not that easy.

On Trezor device, you can use both Legacy and Segwit with no issue.

4 Likes

That looks interesting. Thanks for the link. Why not try it, move a few coins to it as a test and tell us how it goes?

This is also concerning because it denies US residents access to MAID. It would be great to hear from the @maidsafe team on what plans may exist around listing on new exchanges. We haven’t heard much on that front in quite some time.

Also, is anyone else getting a “complete: error” when trying to withdraw? Trying to add a few to the stash while I still can…

4 Likes

Here’s a link that contains mostly up dated info on moving your MaidSafeCoins around.

Is there a complete idiots guide to buying maidsafecoin? - Beginners - SAFE Network Forum

5 Likes

Thanks for that link - I just read through the whole thread. Part of what I was trying to figure out (but didn’t explicitly say it) is how I’m going to later send the maidsafecoin down the road. I understand that I can generate a public/private Bitcoin keypair, and I can use Poloniex to send my MAID to the public key.

The only way to send maidsafecoin from a private address (mentioned on that thread) was omniwallet.org. But my understanding is that it requires trusting them with your private key. But I guess maybe it’s not a huge deal if I only use it after SAFE network launches (one time, when I’m trying to redeem safecoin).

On second thought, I’d rather not take the risk. I see on the Github page that build is failing on master (it also failed to build on my computer). It also says:

But it looks like they’ve got another project, that would be a way to not trust Omniwallet’s servers with custody of the private key: GitHub - OmniLayer/omniwallet: Omni Protocol Hybrid Web-Wallet . This is apparently what they’re hosting on omniwallet.org.

Luckily I’m not a US slave.
If I was… Absolutely I would withdraw and HODL. At the very least I would have set my self up to use all the great upcoming services, trading SAFECoin in the future for me is a certainty.

The biggest concern I would have is not being able to buy more.

Cutting off the US market like this is a horrible thing to do.

3 Likes

It is a tragedy.
A technology that can lift you out of the dark, financially and also technologically should be available for everyone on the planet.

6 Likes

I certainly would never advise it.
But I have personally entered my pvt key into omniwallet, moved some maid but left many maid on that exposed address for many months with no issues with vanishing coins.

Pfft… all this will feels daft once this thing launches. Those panic selling will regret it too, imo.

5 Likes

True as someone stranded on this “island” the thought of selling due to polo was so far from my mind that it took a while to grasp why the sudden drop.

4 Likes