MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

It is cleared now. Just temporary maintance.

1 Like

I am debating with myself where to keep my MAID.

Moving MAID out of a paper wallet entails trusting a third partyā€™s tool, or going through a complex procedure so I decided to keep it on an exchange, at least for better liquidity.

But I am not sure about risk. Considering the risks of messing up transfer of MAID out of a paper wallet, us a paper wallet actually lower risk than Poloniex?

Another approach would be spreading MAID out over multiple exchanges.

Interesting. Price on coinmarket cap shot up.
Is book matching needed by margin traders?
Could the price movement just now be s sigh of things to come when margin trading finally is closed?

I mainly have my MAID in savings, but I still use some for emergencies, so I donā€™t feel Iā€™d benefit from solely paper. Iā€™d use OmniCore wallet to send/trade MAID for said emergencies, but damn that thing takes forever to sync. Therefore I just use omniwallet.org and have 2fa. Even without 2fa, I remember reading the mechanics of how Omniwallet.org is constructed, and it seems quite secure. ā€¦ Still, I wonder if Iā€™m not storing them in the best fashion. Seems like Iā€™m good enough, though?

1 Like

Live Analysis of $MAID KrownsCryptoCave

2 Likes

Iā€™m totally in same position, unfortunately just a pauper here not some dollar millionaire like quite a few. Still my whole belief behind maid kind of rests on the idea that I lost out on BTC because too much a hassle to buy when IIRC it was 3 dollar a pop think 2009. Anyway not into the whole crypt world complete novice but happy to take bit of risk with maid just to hedge my emotions if nothing else :stuck_out_tongue:

So all this talk of paper wallets keys phrases is honestly so past the average layman (or maybe Iā€™m just bit slow).

Writing this I really know I must do something to store of the exchange. Think Polo is quite expensiveā€¦ Havenā€™t worked fully out but would a cost of about 50-70 dollars cover a test of removing coins to paper/ Omni then sending back then out again sound right?

Hereā€™s hoping for layman safe friendly ā€œcryptoā€ that your grandad can use easilyšŸ’Ŗ

1 Like

Next target of $0.25 suits me. :grin:

1 Like

I, like you donā€™t really have a clue about most of the things they talk about on here, but I have a family member who is a software developer and it was him who told me about this,I buy my MAID from bittrex and just move them over to OMNIWALLET and keep them in that,according to him its as safe a place as any to keep them until i need them. Donā€™t really know if thatā€™s the BEST way but so far it seems to be doing fine for me.

4 Likes

That is a great way to do it. Just make sure your OMNI keys/recovery phrase are safely stored and youā€™re all good. Also remember you need enough BTC to cover a transaction at your OMNI address to actually move it.

1 Like

It seems like a lot of people have forgotten about MAID, but I think they are overdue a reminder! :wink:

1 Like

Ye, i put Ā£50 worth of BTC
in it a few months ago to cover my withdrawal fees, even that has increased in value :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been asked by noobs recently how much should be left. I have no idea.

From a pure 100% all in on maidsafe I said leave you bitcoin balance at 0.

I recommend they leave 100 MAIDSAFE on Poloniex, sell them for bitcoin when the time comes and send the bitcoin to the maidsafe address.

Iā€™m counting on the bitcoin price of maid to rocket when the time comes.

2 Likes

No idea, we could see pretty wild network fees. I put in enough to pay a fee of ~1000 sat/byte (which would have worked even at the peak) (about $40 at current price)ā€¦ if you send the btc to omni to then remove the maid, you have to pay 2 fees. Depends on how many MAID you have, but I have enough that the peace of mind that I can move it whenever I want was worth it.

2 Likes

itā€™s been a whileā€¦ here we go.

1 Like

Who says that you need to risk all your maidsafecoin to one single paper wallet? Split it into manageable positions. How much are you willing to risk? $1000? Then put $1000 into each paper wallet. When you transfer out, you can at most lose $1000 at once. Adjust your positions according to expected future price increase if you prefer.

You can generate bulk paper wallets using https://www.bitaddress.org and spread your maid across multiple private keys that way. No reason to limit yourself to one paper wallet.

11 Likes

I recommend buying a RasPi (or other computer that will never be online) and downloading the https://www.bitaddress.org generator to use 100% offline.

7 Likes

or just put a linux mint on a flash drive along with bitaddress and boot from the flash driveā€¦

3 Likes
2 Likes

I just looked at my 3 year old bunch of memo cards with handwritten BTC addresses and secret keys on them and donā€™t remember for certain which of those I have used.

The hardware AES encrypted USB stick with hardware pin keypad has a bootable TailsOS. If I upgrade my MacBook will it still boot? What if the internal battery fails to recharge?

It was a terrifying experience for a moment. Anyway, I guess I will write a detailed letter to my future self, or to surviving family.

MaidSafe could start a secure MAID repository service as a side business.

1 Like

IIRC something like one-third of all bitcoin are lost forever because people have lost their keys - and thatā€™s just in 10 years, worse, most of those keys lost were probably lost in the last three. If SAFE works as planned that should mitigate things a great deal, although key-loggers are still a threat, but itā€™s a business opportunity staring us in the face.

2 Likes