MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

May see the former but not the latter for a while. IMO

I think there will be a hefty correction too. Itā€™s possible we could hit anywhere from 10k-11.4k-13k if 10k doesnā€™t get front ran. But I think once we get 10k the noobs will hop on the train and weā€™ll get a blow off top on the parabola (which seems most likely to me). Then I think weā€™ll possibly fill the CME gaps all the way down to 7,180. I canā€™t remember which EMA or just how low it is but weā€™ll be supported by that which is around 6k recently. In the end I think it could be anywhere from 30-50% retrace.

What do you think? Iā€™d like to hear more thoughts on this. I know itā€™s not MAID BUT! the gains made will be allocated to MAID, right? :wink: looking at you mods

As long as the discussion arc remains focused on MAID then it belongs here. But if you go off talking of BTC related only to other coins then it belongs in the other topic for speculation.

3 Likes

All I can say is the previous price relationship between Maidsafe and BTC is now out the door. It will be interesting to see if they connect again. BTC appears to have a way to go given the halving event next year

2 Likes

MAID is going inside the abyss ā€¦

Just sayin :wink:

4 Likes

The Trollbox is coming back at Poloniex.

10 Likes

market depth looking really good for a nice rebound back up today. Only question is how many more longs are lurking in the background still needing to close. Well maybe this situation will get the shorts to finally take their profits if they have been waiting to see how deep it goes. Anyways, I am still keeping my lowball orders open for now, but unlike yesterday where it felt like standing in front of a moving train, I am now less sure they will ever clear.

1 Like

This morning Iā€™d written out a rather long post on what I think could be done to help remedy market performance moving forward, but given the recent news about departures from MaidSafeā€™s team, Iā€™ll save those thoughts for a less gloomy day.

Iā€™ll say this though: a colleague just stopped by to thank me for warning him not capitulate when BTC was at its recent bottom (~$3K) a few months ago. To me, the rules of investing are simple 1) do your own research 2) never invest more than you can afford to lose. Those two principles power the will necessary to avoid locking in losses (I.e. selling at the relative bottom). Trading, of course, is another beast with its own set of rules. Itā€™s also a game I choose not to play.

However, when it comes to investing, the same principles articulated above hold true for MAID. If you did your research, if you believe in the projectā€™s goals and the teamā€™s ability to deliver those goals, sit tight. If you havenā€™t crossed the threshold of how much youā€™re comfortable losing, scoop up some more MAID at these discount prices.

23 Likes

just thinking at least we prolly not in a situation to go to zero now :stuck_out_tongue: we have a nice pile up at 240 and 550 sat. I would say those are basically bets on when polo force closes will there be more value in longs then the rest of the ā€œnormalā€ market can hold up. I am wondering how many have even realized they have to close them. You kinda have to dig into a blog post or hear it from the grapevine to find out. I think I will join those little pile ups with some BTC for like emergency response dpt if there are more longs then we are really anticipating right now.

I have no clue. I just HODL and hope for the best these days! :sweat_smile:

I could not have predicted the last month in any way, shape or form.

6 Likes

oh I have my HODL pile to. And considering when I trade I keep the profits in MAID and add it to that pile, I think its really gonna grow alot off some of these buys in the last schism of margin trading. Now if somone wants to sell me some MAID at the 240 or 550 level I think I might be looking at like 10X gains. Or in other words sell 10% and get my investment back and HODL 90% :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I was smart I would have sold at $0.23,
to rebuy now

3 Likes

you can always sell some now and try to get under it. I really donā€™t know if we will go any lower though. At least today it looks like an equilibrium between buyers and what longs are left trying to close. Considering over time there will be less and less of those longs I would be careful selling anything now. Of course you can make that bet I was talking about that at the very end when polo is like ok liquidating all margins now there will still be lots left. I got some super-extra insane-lowball bids out just in case but not counting on it

Being a legit trader or pretending to be is very dangerous. Iā€™ve been a buy and hold and occasional swing trader for 15 years and itā€™s just hard to be that great of trader especially with TA in crypto. I donā€™t know how taxes are treated around the world but in the US that also causes an issue in crypto. You can always take profits but one of these days, if successful youā€™re going to go to sleep with MAID trading at 50 cents and youā€™re going to wake up to it at $2 and then what even if you get a retrace. People talk a big game but most wealthy people buy and hold, they arenā€™t active traders. Traders make the market, holder make the wealth.

9 Likes

True that, unless the traders pay for the privilege of being able to front run (Michael Lewis - Flash Boys).

Sure but HFT are the exception not the rule and while there are examples of hedge fund guys, family offices ect. who use frequent trading and have become massively wealthy from it, there are far more example of HNWI who have 10 M+ who have done it the old fashioned way. Point well taken though.

1 Like

for HFT to work there needs to be more liquidity or at least more trades happening I think. Like ya you can scalp a few 0.1% per hour, but not really enough to make it more efficient then finding a few bigger moves each day at a pace you can easily do by hand.

Anyways what I really came here to say is holy smokes we have 420 BTC on the buy side and those canā€™t even be longs any more. Granted its way down at super low prices. Still I am feeling more confident just knowing there is that much BTC ā€œwatchingā€ the MAID market. Imagine they stepped up to the line a little bit. I think we could go back to 3k really fast regardless of if all the longs closed on him :stuck_out_tongue:

Still I would be careful buying it up too much. Very good chance this is his play to pump it and close a long. Even if not him some of those longs that might not have capitulated 10% lower might start saying this sounds good get me outa here. Anyways smart people had orders open and bought the bottom. Just sayin trend chasing is usually a bad play.

1 Like

Itā€™s about time us HODLers had some good (price) news! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Could we have that in explain like Iā€™m 5-ish terms.

The significance of the 420.(or is this a signal from Elon musk that he is in)
The long position, is that long on debt or long on maid(owning lots of maid) so why would a drop in price be a good thing.

With the margin trading closure, what type of movement could we expect to see?

Are there people who owe maid, and need to buy back? Thatā€™s a short squeeze isnā€™t it? Could we see short term price rocket?

1 Like