MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

It’s not really the worst thing. We have been seeing a lot of manipulation of the order book recently. Like 60 BTC of buy orders popping out of nowhere and pushing us up 50%. I do like fast big gains as much as the next guy with a bag, but it was so obvious it was not natural organic growth from real buyers.

1 Like

I can’t avoid being biased by my current market positions. I mean if I think its overbought of course I am going to sell some and be looking to rebuy when the price comes back down. At that time I am also going to say I think this is overbought. Not trying to play any sneaky game though. go ahead and just do the opposite of whatever I say if you think I am playing you :stuck_out_tongue:

It is totally fair to say that if I am acting bearish here I am prolly acting bearish on the market. I am just telling you want I am doing and why. I could just say nothing which would arguably be more sneaky but instead I like to share my take on what is happening and get feedback.

Trying reverse psychology, or is it reverse reverse psychology :wink:

It is already difficult to express oneself clearly (via a forum), let alone influencing other people in doing what you want. Maybe some people could be playing a game, but if they win, that is another matter.

2 Likes

I did take 4 years of psychology in university. full disclosure. Maybe that means you should trust me less, I don’t know. I will at least give you the statement that I try to share the benefits of that background by sharing my analysis here though.

2 Likes

SAFE’s up a penny from .76 to .77 really has not seen momentum shifting swings - although steady rising - much smarter to focus on developer migration rather than day to day price

SAFEcoin that is for this network does not exist at this time. So that must be a copycat coin riding on the SAFEnetwork’s good name

6 Likes

Maidsafecoin is the only available coin for the SAFE-network until Safecoin is created by Maidsafe for the SAFE-network.

I think you mean another projekt called Safetrade which uses the name Safecoin, their current price is 0.078, I would stay far away from that project.

2 Likes

For this reason, I insist on providing web links to anyone I introduce to this project.

6 Likes

Anyone have speculation on why MAID is taking such a hit today?

The road map imo could make the price go either up or down. It provides a clearer picture, but historically MAID only is on the up when major releases happen. So a clearer picture could make it go down – when it is seen that no major release is within weeks or months. Conversely, however: we now have a slightly better frame of time for when it’ll go up!
On top of that, there’s just general market fluctuations’ influence (e.g. corrections, etc.).
And on top of that influence, there’s the entirety of cryptocurrencies’ market cap influence—and of course, Bitcoin’s influence (which, again IMO, will see $10,000 per coin sometime soon, though who knows if it’ll crash from there or go higher [not my forte, lately]).
So I think MAID itself will go up very slowly from here due to already having corrected. And on top of that very slow solo-MAID movement, we will have a little bit faster upward momentum as BTC reaches 10k. … So maybe MAID=$0.25 at BTC’s peak?

That about sums it up for me. IMHO I really think that speculators/investors should change their historical reasons for price movement, though. For how much substance there is now, this is quite an embarrassing level of market cap for MAID. Maybe people still like buying cheap coins, though. But even that can be argued against by saying that this coin is always cheap… lol, until mass adoption.

1 Like

I think the market cap is ok at 87 million. What’s worrisome is how that is being supported by only like 25 BTC of buy orders across all markets. We are really counting on people to HODL here. And to answer @wydileie 's question, its simply some of those guys wanted to exit at this time and there was not much of a safety net. It’s not like epic percentages of the whole market cap got dumped. It’s just right now the price is very sensitive to even a little bit of that giant blob leaking back on to the market.

Now what I think is working in our favor is how, compared to most coins, we have people willing to HODL for months or years to reach their profit taking horizon. So at least most of that market cap is not direct sell pressure on the market right now.

Remember Market cap = current price * number of coins. It does not mean you could actually market sell all of the coins and get 87 mil unless the buy support is that big. This particular coin does have a very high MC compared to the amount of actual buy orders, but on the other hand most of it seems to be in long term HODL mode.

If a majority of people in the crypto space are as sharp as this guy, the 87M market cap should come as no surprise. The reaction of the market to the network release is going to be absolutely glorious.

9 Likes

Genius. I see he does psychic readings too - where do I sign up? :rofl:

5 Likes

I think 87 mil is about right for right now. In the future I don’t doubt it will go higher and rightfully so. Lets not do the usual crypto trader move and price in 5 years of everything working out perfectly in advance though.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with this in a vacuum. The problem, as I see it, is so many other crypto projects with way less to show for their work, and much less utility even if they do end up coming to fruition have much higher market caps.The fact that MAID isn’t in the top 10-20 is the real problem, because other coins are grossly overvalued.

4 Likes

@wydileie and most of those will have a bubble and then flop hard. Just cause other coins are insanely over-hyped doesn’t mean that should be our goal. Those are gamblers playing a zero sum game basically. Lets make our coin about realizing value so everyone can win

@lubinew oh yes it certainly works the other way to. You don’t need anywhere near 87 mil to move the price a lot in either direction. Like I was saying, we have lots of hardcore HODLers, so the market cap is actually not a great measure of the current situation since we are only really trading a small amount of all the coins at any given time right now.

2 Likes

We really need that MVP, as there is still too much risk. 3 people leaving maidsafe in as many weeks and still no test nets. That is what many people will see.

Yes, us hodlers are playing the long game, but we must all be aware of the risk that the team won’t make it. I am keeping the faith, but for many it will be hard to.

13 Likes

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. The marketcap of maid is misleading as it doesn’t take into account more than a small fraction of max supply (only 10.5%). The true marketcap could actually be as high as $0.82B (max supply for maid is 4.3 billion) which would put maid up there in top 20. Second, maid is still vaporware with no sign of a beta release for at least 1-2 years and with a team that is running out of funding - quickly. As such, it remains a highly speculative asset for the time being with arguably a pretty high price.

Almost 1 billion true mcap with no working product, few can beat that. (And don’t give me the lesson about it not counting because the coins are not out yet - rational markets prices in expected future supply. In other words, the market should know that massive inflation is coming. The fact that the price is still this high could indicate one of two things. 1. The market is not rational and is in for a surprise (imo this is most likely, because crypto markets are filled with really stupid people). 2. The market knows what’s coming and is still willing to pay that much.)

I’m not sure which exact projects you are referring to, but keep in mind that the marketcap itself is a flawed measurement to use in crypto because many coins have founders who hold almost all the supply and/or artificially constraining supply in various ways. There is also a lot of trickery being used such as unit bias, all contributing to highly inflated market caps. If you’re going to make these kind of comparison you need to get rid of your own bias and understand that maid has also it’s own supply constrictions, which could explain a lot.

1 Like

Could you tell the truth about that you are long long holder and do you still believe in the team or your faith decreased?

The people leaving at what seems a rapid pace has me very concerned and this is during a time when the price has risen compared to the dollar. I use to think time was of no issue as long as they got it right but it’s becoming very apparent that this project has the potential to die in the sands of time if they don’t actually start showing workable concrete progress.