MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

11 posts were split to a new topic: Parsec: discussion about Liveness proof

A post was merged into an existing topic: Parsec: discussion about Liveness proof

A post was merged into an existing topic: Parsec: discussion about Liveness proof

I’m beginning to feel sub $0.05 for maid.

Bitcoin is falling so fast tonight. Panic has set in.

1 Like

Pretty good for me to get some more cheap maidsafecoins! :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s the only way I’ll get to my target of 100000 coins

4 Likes

As many keep checking the prices (MAID included) with a frown and as many projects are drawing down on vapour trying to stay afloat I wanted to write this quick post and thought the price topic is best.

They don’t get anywhere enough credit for it but maybe now is a good time to actually publically give Maidsafe credit for something that doesn’t get acknowledged much here because we all at times can get distracted by the price of a temporary little proxy token.

It’s what many loud voices are too headstrong to acknowledge, that their business acumen is at a level well beyond most others in the crypto space.

So many posts here cry ‘marketing is sh*t call in the cavalry’ or ‘man up it’s just business spend money’ without any real depth of understanding beyond their own backyards and experiences whether it’s in crypto or elsewhere.

Watching this company over the last few years, we’ve seen them crawl through the sewer pipe (Andy Dufrense style) demonstrating an uncanny knack to steer the ship on the correct course even though almost all others having to walk the same path have fallen or are for a number of reasons currently falling flat on their face.

As prices drop, the market hibernates and is stripped bare Maidsafe are charging forward towards what many thought was impossible.

Given it was only $3.6 million (or whatever) behind them it’s a head scratcher that this network may actually happen and how the bloody heck they’ve actually managed this is a testament to them.

Crypto bubble (and coin loan) aside, this only could only have happened if the right people (mainly the CEO and COO) understand very deeply the industry they work in and the long term cause and effect of every single action a Company takes beyond simply a monetary level.

My impression is that both David and Nick view the entire operation of their business holistically whilst simultaneously grasping the minute details of how things work on both a professional and personal level.

This may sound like fluff to some but it’s so very rare in the Business world and is made even more clearer the more difficult things seem to get for everyone else.

There is going to be a time to look closer when making a judgment on the sales/business development aspect of what these guys do but that time isn’t know.

No fanboy post and carefully watching (with guarded optimism) where we go next (tech and price wise) but just a good time to say thanks Maidsafe from one little Community member for keeping your heads screwed on through this process. It’s been impressive work, keep it up.

Onwards to Alpha 3 and beyond!

26 Likes

Only 100k :blush::grin:. At these prices its a crime to not stock up. Now when it rebounds best hope u have a strong heart :wink:

3 Likes

Hey if it goes back to .01 - .05 cent per coin I should be able to reach 100,000 :+1: . I say let the whales and wall-street of all the cryptos apply the selling pressure. Cheap coins for me before SAFE launch :smiley: .

Feel bad for those who just hold and wait till project completion to see the fiat value of their crypto diminish, but the reality is if you were in it for profit and bought in the .01-.10 cent range and you sold none when MAID was 1.00+, then you really have no room for complaining about prices now because you got greedy and wanted higher % yield of profit. Overall I think for this project we are moving towards a product and the coins value will appreciate based on the value the network brings when we launch.

2 Likes

And I enjoy the low prices, too. For many of us who work for 500 euros a month (or less) this is an incredible opportunity … From time to time I think how I would have acted 4 years ago when I first learned about the SAFE network if I knew what I know today… Now it seems that I will have the opportunity for the second time :smiley: it’s time to save from breakfast :wink:

9 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

scary drop, are we going to run out of funding yet again?

1 Like

A lot of our reserves are held in crypto currency. So it is something to be aware of of, as you would expect. We also hold reserves in several fiat currencies to hedge against any brexit issues with sterling. If the price continued to drop significantly AND we never had anything to push our own coin price up, such as releases or other good stuff, then we would be in a less comfortable position than we would otherwise.

We tend to maintain 6-9months fiat in the bank, but not always, right now we have less than that and would have to liquidate some crypto. It’s not always simple, but something we do keep a tight watch on.

We do not publish every single step though of how we operate and what exact amounts we have in what currency continually as we would only be swamped with well meaning “advice” and there is much more than a simple algebraic equation involved, due to the other aspects of the company/project we do have to consider, some of which would not be beneficial to anyone to make public. Traders will push for headline numbers, but in my opinion it just means we have to spend time stating the obvious.

tl;dr, prices on crypto do affect us as we hold crypto, but we mitigate by keeping various fiat currencies in reserve for periods of instability. This price crash is concerning, but not world ending for us either :wink: When we liquidate crypto, it is generally BTC as we wish to hold maidsafecoins longer due to the fact we obviously have faith that maidsafecoin can benefit from our work and there is so much more for it to achieve beyond speculative investments.

30 Likes

I am hanging on to my MScoins too. About slightly in the negative but i believe it will turn as the project gets closer to Beta. (I hope​:pray:). :muscle:

1 Like

I will never sell Maidsafe before launch.

9 Likes

Maybe Maidsafe should consider the elaboration of business plan in a context of a bitcoin multi-year bear market, just in case.
Expect the best, be ready for the worst plan-style.
Just my 2 cents

3 Likes

We do that and much more :slight_smile: We have various advisors and board members who look at this all the time. We have plans for ±50% values on all assets and how that affects runway, funding needs and more. These always of part of the board meetings and debate. Andy for instance was SUN microsystems CFO advisor and more. Apart from that legal advice from a Hansard level lawyer and they are all investors as well. So huge amounts of time and effort go into very deep thinking about this with charts to allow accurate reporting.

However, then life happens :smiley: Who would have thought :smiley: The point is there are probably more lottery winners that individuals who win from markets, crypto has allowed many “winners” which is unusual (although you rarely hear of the losers though that funded the winners), but we should not confuse luck with smarts though. All we can do is plan effectively and hope that virtual sky does not fall.

25 Likes

I believe Maidsafe is capable of managing their finances without help from this forum, but I do find that chart interesting. Could you please post a link to it? Or are only screenshots possible?

1 Like

Very nice chart. If I understand it correctly bitcoin price will bottom end of 2019 (at $3000) and will top mid 2023 (at $160,000). The way data is presented is very convincing but is human behavior so predictable?

I second that. Is it possible to have a link to source analysis?

1 Like