MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

True, interesting. Care to explain why you think that your business is not the best match? Do you think Safenet will lack significant performance for game backends?

On some stage in future would help to have inbuilt SAFE app or package app on every new device. Do not know the price :slight_smile:

I agree upon you with this wholeheartedly. I think this is the hidden way to get the safe network into the hands of millions of users. Ofcourse the app builder then has to pay the network for storage but that is no other than what it has to do today. And then it is just as normal, making money in different ways serving adds, adding a subscription model, or figure out something new. For example the app is 200MB, double its size and use the other 200MB local storage to sell to the network. Making the user pay for using the app using the safe network. :smiley:

Thanks. But isn’t that one of SAFE’s biggest pros (in combination with SOLID)? That the user can decide themselves who can / can’t access their data? Or do you think that is practically not doable for your business?

Ok, I had to reread that a couple of times. But that is just genious! You force the user to share some local storage for the benefit of the developer. Will that be practically feasible?

Sounds like an opportunity for the first of a long line of SafeGames.

Do I see that in the first year, or even 5 years of the Safe Network? No. It will take time to grow and integrate itself in the market. However, awareness about privacy of data is finally circling back around to where people are starting to care again. If the Safe Network is able to get just a few killer apps, mostly in the social media and secure messaging space, it could draw customers in to the network based on privacy and control of data, alone.

There are a few avenues I think the marketing team should aggressively pursue.

• SOLID integration and partnerships will get some much needed eyeballs on the project from some very important tech influencers.
  • Privacy focused email/messaging developers. ProtonMail is starting to gain traction and with a big enough user base that if they get on board, it would be a huge win for the Safe Network. There are a couple other lesser known ones with still a few hundred thousand users, like Tutanota, that may want to get in on the ground floor.
  • Content creators. Even many of the ultra-successful ones are simply fed up with Youtube, and Vimeo is pretty much a joke. Just a couple moderately successful creators mirroring their content on the Safe Network and promoting that people go there to watch it would be a huge win. Combine that with a Patreon-like app to fund uploads and the new Youtube could be born. If I’m not mistaken, pay the producer is slotted to be in the farming algorithm. I’m not sure how much this would generate for the content creator, for say, 1M views, but it would be interesting to be able to calculate those stats.
5 Likes

IANAL, but how can the law require you to delete data you are not technically able to delete because the user made it so?

1 Like

Also who is the who that is supposed to delete the data.

Its like saying that a person carved some text in the rock face then is asking the earth to delete it.

1 Like

Unfortunately laws like GDPR take a long time to pass. The previous EU data protection law was from 1998 - almost pre-Web. So it will have been drafted before there was much use of P2P technologies at least commercially. Hopefully common sense will prevail and amendments will be introduced sooner rather than later.

1 Like
4 Likes

Will the Bulls be back for Christmas?
Hoping so if for no other reason than I want an end to the morbidity the Bears bring to the party (everywhere)
About a year ago we were ready to fly around the world to meet up… Bears chased all that away, getting bored of it now.
Tis the season to be jolly after all :tada:

9 Likes

A seasonal crypto bounce has become a bit of a tradition. Seems a bit too soon still, but maybe a wee bounce will come! :tada:

3 Likes

Calm down folks lets keep it low so I can still do some slow $200 dollar at a time accumulation every few weeks :stuck_out_tongue: . Trying to get enough k’s of MaidSafe that a fiat USD price target of say $10.00-$30.00 per coin in the next 2-4 years means decent moon for me :laughing: .

4 Likes

Could be tempting to sell on the Xmas bounce, and wait for a fall to buy back in.

Except, that it would complicate tax issues?

I guess it depends on the size of the bounce.

How many MAID do you own, like 10, 100, 1k, 100k, …?

Just another pump and dump.

2 Likes

You just never know!
Prople will be saying that as we leave low levels never to return.
Its gonna happen at some point.
Lets be positive.

Tbh. Looks more like heavy accumulation to me.

2 Likes

Just think, a week ago … you could have got 1 coin for $0.18
$0.30 today…

LOL

edit: $1.20 by xmas ?

7 Likes