MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Is it possible to compare the original disclaimer to the current one. Just sayin

It means nothing more than 15M Maid in the orderbook. This is not a lot of money and orderbooks change by the second. Put a sell order in for 1M Maid at .00018 and pull or trim it when the bid nears.

What it means and what weā€™ve been seeing for quite some time is manipulation on the orderbooks.

Maid has been in a powerful uptrend for the last two weeks. We are watching a series of whales try to set up massive sell orders when the btc/maid peg gets moved because bitcoin caught an uptrend.

I personally uncovered an orchestrating attempt before against maid and I believe we could still be experiencing a similar affair. :confused:

Itā€™s probably a coin supporter that doesnā€™t want to see money move away from his articular brand of coin.

Say whaaat?

3 Likes

P&Dā€¦watch outā€¦people gonna lose some money today

Interesting sell side today at.00025000.:grimacing:

5 seconds after capturing the above, it dropped by 7 Million again

Mind games.

It is probably the same person for both walls, to try to get a good price on the buy side.

2 Likes

Coders Code, Traders Trade. Money, and how people use it, is a skill. And a business.

4 Likes

ā€¦and not unusual activity it would seem:

Entire exchange continually audited and inspected for unusual activity

I much prefer the order of this listā€¦ seems more appropriate :grinning:

12 Likes

Damn this went south from 21k tot 13k pretty fast, any thoughts ? Ofcourse bitcoin rally but that one was small compared to this.

It has been 17k - 20k for the last week, drop back to almost 13k seems to be related to the Bitcoin price since al lot of currencies that made recent highs dropped about the same percentage.

Letā€™s not forget that Alpha was a good step in the right direction, but a lot still has to be proven. Also there seem to be some big players controlling the market so even if all we get is good news they can still manipulate the price.

Iā€™m personally buying some more MAID after selling some around the recent highs. But thatā€™s also because I believe in the project and not because Iā€™m expecting to make a quick buck in the near future.

4 Likes

Yep, about a week ago a whale showed his/her hand and put up a huge Sell wall for a little over 1.2K BTC worth of MAID. About 20 mins after he put up that wall, he removed it and put up a 500 BTC Buy Wall at around 14K.

He/she has been dumping ever since, forcing a lot of other people to also start selling. They have started to stack their sells at the mo at the 18k, 20k and 22k area.

It would be great if another whale called his/her bluff and bought everything up to 30k and then pushed the price even higher and keep it there.

This all started in or around the time that the FUD post (here) was posted.

TL;DR Itā€™s just a whale manipulating the price. There are no other whales around big enough to challenge him or her at the mo.

7 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:
Maidsafecoin perceived value can be controlled by humans.
SAFEcoinā€™s real value is controlled by the SAFE Network.

4 Likes

good thing is: a friend of mine decided to buy some coins lately :slight_smile:

perfect buying opportunity xD

ā€¦but nonetheless impressing how easy people seem to leave the boat and get scared ā€¦

3 Likes

Peaked at about 17000 before Alpha release and dropped to 13000 after.
If anyone explains to me what logic dictates that market Iā€™ll eat my hat.
Iā€™m baffled. Price wouldnā€™t have dropped below 16000 in my wildest dreams.

There is no logic, itā€™s all fud and fear. It takes a shed ton of effort to even begin to grasp whatā€™s being built here. Most ā€œinvestorsā€ are not interested enough to put that work and effort in so they go with the troll box sentiment and whatever the current headline is. Logic is not part of the equation.

Edit: Very easy to spread FUD when the project is so intricate and detailed that very few truly understand it. The vast majority just go with whatā€™s being said.

8 Likes

Iā€™m on holiday these last couple of months so have had time to play the trading game with the Polo screen flickering in realtime in front of me. Iā€™ve seen whales switch the order books from bull to bear on a flick of a dime, shifting 1000BTC of value in the order books. Thatā€™s 50% of the order depth! Iā€™ve seen robotic efforts of trading bots shepherding the priceā€¦ pushā€™n it around while burning up minimal tokens in the trade.

There is no logic to the price movements other than knowing whales pushing the little MAID row boat around.

On Price Movements
You can follow technical chart movements, the whales will push around based on existing chart shapes, and all traders heed these shapes for support/resistance and ā€œget the hell outā€ stop-loss dumps and pumps, but itā€™s not worth arguing the logic of the token price and project valuation unless your analysing the price over a multi-year timeframe.

On Valuation
MAID doesnā€™t have much of a history on price, just a couple of years tops, so the present price is meaningless, itā€™s about right within an error of 10x - just like early stage startups, you canā€™t value them. The market cap is over $10m to say the tech is promising and under $100m to say itā€™s unproven and we donā€™t know what its worth. If it proves useful then increase the marketcap 10x, if it gets adoption, then 100x, if it gets marketshare then 1000x, if it gets to dominance add another zero or two.

To put this in perspective, weā€™re debating why it dropped 0.2x over 48 hours on a 1000x / 10 year project.

21 Likes

I think itā€™s worthless to look at these charts everyday but I know the feeling, itā€™s addictive to know price could get a jump aka ethereum or so in a couple weeks ā€¦
Even with a billion market cap they have swings around thirty percent and this hurts as much a we experience.
But If you invested early and have a billion market cap then at least you have a little peace.

I also have shares on the nasdaq and only view those once a month or so but these crypto-coins keep me refreshing hour by hour, day by day, year by year waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !