MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I too will want to be joining this private island club. I imagine its like when you live in a suburb and see your neighbor across the street, except rather than a street it is the Caribbean ocean and rather than your yard you are standing on the shoreline of your luxury island waving goofishly to each other across the water :smiley:

It only came back up because of the several HUNDRED MILLION of unpacked printed bitfinex tether in the last month right?

Not sure how long this can last

I have to take a lot of crap during these testing times…

If that were true, you could clump btc cash and btc gold mkt cap in with tether, no?

Its just crypto. Thats how things get done round here.

Thats what i thought aswell, but this usdt hype brought so much attention and so much people wanna buy now, i think this was just the start of getting some more mainstream adoption, dont forget crypto in general is still pretty small if you valuate it as for example a company, but instead over 100 company’s are working on the blockchain already from exchanges to factom to maidsafe.

I do understand your calculations, but i was more wondering where you get the 10 trillion number from, did you do some extended research ? Cause 10 trill looks a lot to me with all this competition pop up.

im really curious about the token part of the Safenetwork and how this will be handled, does it need safecoins and how much. Cause if the tokens can have the same fundamentals as safecoin and they will be also free to send then this can influance the safecoin price a lot.

No other token will have the same fundamentals in that no other token will be accepted by the network to pay for its resources, and all farmers will be paid only in Safecoin.

Other tokens will also be very cheap or potentially free to send & fast etc, but they will need to have a reason for holding value, e.g. Clikes paying for advertising on Decorum based systems.

That i understand but that also takes away value from safecoin, but is great for the network.

I can understand your perspective, but I’m not sure it takes away value from Safecoin - if the Safe network became the best place by far to create & use crypto tokens for any purpose, many more people will use the network, sign up for accounts, dabble in other uses of the network & eventually farm or buy Safecoin to upload data or create their own tokens.

This will all add value to SafeCoin, and I think to a greater degree than if those people used ERC20 or an alternative instead.

4 Likes

I do agree on that like i said great for the network, but the token transfer can be done with own tokens making the need to hold safecoin much lower. with 1 safecoin you will be able to do some insane tx.

but i do see also the positive side from this all think about billion IOT devices connected with smart city’s be connected on the network, sending billions of tx, that will add up to a lot of for the network

2 Likes

I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have to ask. Why would these other tokens be needed at all on the Safe network. Is there something about e.g. Decorum that Clikes will be able to do, but not Safecoin?

They’ll provide access to services that won’t be available without the specific token.

E.g. if you want to pay for premium Decorum features / access, you’ll need to pay in Clikes if Safecoin are not accepted by Decorum.

Decorum could have just accepted Safecoin, but that wouldn’t allow for an ICO, and Decorum couldn’t be developed with the same resourcing.

Some other examples of useful Safe based tokens could be:

• Tokens that are pegged to USD / EUR / Gold etc
  • Local alternative currency tokens
  • License access tokens (e.g. for music, video, software, design, patent etc licenses)
  • Share holding tokens
  • Bonds
  • Property ownership certificates
  • Any other tokens that enable access to specific Safe based software or systems that people want to use
1 Like

Why buy Apple when you can have USD?

1 safecoin = 1 safecoin. Today. Tomorrow. Next year.
1 xcoin = 1 safecoin today. 2 safecoin tomorrow. 0.1 safecoin next year.

Different tokens change value independently.
Each follows its own underlying thing’s value.
National currency follows country’s economy.
This is why one global currency is bad idea.

Maybe my question wasn’t clear. I’m wondering why I would have to use one currency to buy Apple and another currency to buy IBM.

To create buffer between independent markets.

Example: You buy clike tokens. Decorum prices can now be set independently of safecoin. And: Safecoin can crash, you already have your clikes.

Another: Cars run on gasoline. Not dollar. So you need gasoline. And: You are a “prepper” so you buy 10,000 gallons of gasoline. Next day The Sh** Hits the Fan but you don’t care because you already have gasoline.

Hope the low prices hold out till bonus payout.
If you look at the troughs between the previous highs they last a few months with random bits of noise.
Could dip low again I hope.

Today Simon Black in his blog advanced the theory that Mark Zuckerberg may be on his way to becoming a global central banker. By abolishing all ICO advertizing on Facebook while investing in blockchain R&D for his company if he produces a Facebook blockchain token he has a global market in the palm of his hand. Interesting concept.

3 Likes

He could create the most most widely used currency ever if he delved into crypto via Facebook.

1bn people with a new way to earn, save, and spend money would be revolutionary, and heavily flawed if its all in Facebook’s control or for their benefit over others.

I hope crypto can disrupt Facebook before facebook disrupts crypto.

6 Likes

Didn’t Facebook already try doing this? I seem to remember Facebook credits or some such a few years ago.

Eh, it would be the opposite of anonymous and decentralized. Also, what would be the factor deciding the distribution?

I think that crediting people with any valuable currency for likes or followers would, if anything, lead to corrupting Facebook as a whole. I think it would go all down. I mean, this is the first year it stopped growing, right? It’s just a single source, but I do believe it may be pointing towards the world being kinda past its Facebook phase.

I mean the whole thing turned into mess. It’s the Tower of Babel of the internet era. It’s now worse and messier than MySpace has ever been.

4 Likes