MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

If investors are just looking at safecoin, i’d say they are missing out on 90% of what the network is capable of.

Tbh, the rest isn’t news either and some of it isn’t even true (safecoin division has been promised since the beginning).

3 Likes

If they think the network or Safecoin will be useful, they will see why Safecoin will have value, as it’ll be required to use the Safe network.

2 Likes

Well, he was talking about MAID, so in his own right, he’s correct. Before the actual SafeCoin and live network, traders or investors don’t have much to play with or build upon. They will come around once the D-day is on the horizon.

During such crazy hype it’s probably just because the coin is named badly, I don’t know how much benefit we would get from that kind of attention anyway. To an outsider, MaidSafeCoin sounds like something designed to keep house maids safe so no wonder its dropping down the list and looks irrelevant to those that haven’t done the reading! Once we brand out to just SAFE it’ll start to sell itself and get the adoption it’ll eventually need (but not really need yet).

2 Likes

As the price drops—a lot of this is because MAID is valued against BTC, the rising and ebbing tide— and we fall down the charts, the community continues to grow fast, with lots more activity on the forum. This is a positive sign, even though one seems to contradict the other.

For me this points to the true value, potential economic, and otherwise of a growing and unstoppable idea, being forged into existence.

6 Likes

I think he is conflating the two - there is no dilution of maidsafecoin coming, for example.

Oh, maybe you’re right. I took it he mentioned the dilution as a MAID weakness because MAID will be converted to SafeCoin eventually, so it’s something to take into account already.

The only one who knows is Felix. But does he :smirk:

Don’t be sad. :slight_smile:

It really is an accumulation opertunity.

6 Likes

Moreover, who cares about divisibility of maidsafecoin? They aren’t even a dollar each now and they were never supposed to be a currency.

I care about divisibility. I believe in MAID as a whole and what it is going to provide for us. But, I’m also trying to make some $ here.

50c is smallest unit. Who is wanting to trade less than that? It is less than 0.5% on $100. The exchanges don’t even care about the decimals until you withdraw either iirc.

Where oh where is this unknown dilution coming from???

Everyone who buys MAID and did even 2 seconds of research knows that the max SAFEcoin is 4 billion and that the 400 million MAID will be exchanged for 400 million SAFEcoin at release. So where is the dilution???

Also the number of safecoin after the network is live for 30 days is likely to be LESS than 400 million because of all the uploads without the downloads to reward that many coins to others. So where is the dilution???

Oh you mean that after an initial stage that more coins will exist at a rate of 4 billion in 3 decades. Oh dear how will the coin survive (sarcasm sorry) The point is that like all the other coins mined the value of the coin is not decreasing because of increase in existing coins.

As the network grows (thus need for safecoin) so will the number of safecoin and really the value will rise because of the other uses of safecoin and people will be trying to get more and have to buy it at increased prices.

So where is the dilution coming from. There is never going to be more MAID, there is no more MAID to be “printed”. So where is the dilution for MAID coming from???

And maybe reading more of the forum will allow you to see why your statements are not really correct even for trading purposes.

8 Likes

Well I sure don’t. I honestly believe that MAID as it is will benefit (especially the early) supporters of this project the most – in the long run.

I understand that many folks feel like losing out on many opportunities, seeing many cheap ICOs go from cents to full-fledged coins listed at ten bucks in six months, but a relatively stable, cheap and obscure MAID is still a blessing in disguise. It’s like a prolonged ICO.

The only question is what the team has delivered when they feel they’re done. I see it as likely that the ICO participants at the very least will get very, very rich on any standard.

4 Likes

I think the name is fine. After all, when I hear the name “Sia”, all I think is “Australian pop star”. That’s not particularly informative in a technological sense, but SIA seems to be doing just fine. We embue identifiers with meaning through the stories we tell. That is the essence of marketing.

I’m not sure if you’re joking. It’s hard to tell in this format. In 2016 ETH was less than a dollar, but look at the price now. Current price seems to be a bit of a non sequitor with regards to the need for divisibility. We build tomorrow’s solutions today so that we have them when we need them.

3 Likes

Not joking at all.

Why does maidsafecoin need small units? It is a placeholder token to hold until safecoin is released. It isn’t meant to be a currency for buying coffee etc. I suspect the biggest limit would be to pay fees, but even if they were $5 a coin, this isn’t much of a hurdle for buying $100 or more. It is also 10x where we are today…

Yes, it would be great if maidsafecoin was all things to all men, but that isn’t really its goal; it is to let people pre buy SAFECoin before launch.

4 Likes

I guess it depends on timing of the network launch and how high MAID’s value goes in anticipation of said launch. That being said, I thought your commentary was directed towards Safecoin itself, which is why I thought you were joking.

2 Likes

I think part of the problem is that it is easy to conflate the two. It must be pretty confusing for people new to the project, especially when they see threads about divisibility, initial distribution, threads about price, etc.

I think we need to be as clear as possible over what the goal is for maidsafecoin though. The really fun starts when we get some safecoin to play with! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think the issue and confusion comes from the rate of inflation not being known in advance. In Bitcoin it is well understood how many coins will exist at any given time. With SAFE that will depend more on network usage and how many farmers show up. Maybe after launch people will be more comfortable with this if the rate of inflation is shown to be somewhat predictable.

3 Likes

I am taking the angle now

• that it’ll be decades before most coins can be in existence
  • The increase in coin existence will be in line with the growth of the network.

Thus the dilution effect is non-existent

Then I add that when people are using the network and uploading data then the coin is being recycled and thus reverse dilution pressure.

5 Likes

This could be interesting

5 Likes