MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Back when the price was $.50 a few weeks ago, I began going through the process to buy safecoin before it started rising again… lo and behold by the time my bitcoin purchase was delivered MAID had risen to $1.

Now I’m trying to decide whether to buy in now before I get left behind or wait and see if it drops back down.

This may be the case, but people have been willing to buy non-blockchain coins like IOTA.

I think safecoin has not been released yet

The change will be 1:1. What I wonder is: early investors are in some way protected from the worst scenario?

Yea. Bitcoin is crap. I asked for alternatives here…

Seems Litecoin is best so far.

3 Likes

Bitcoin Cash is awesome too. Fast confirmation times with about $0.07 USD in fees.

2 Likes

I think the days of sub- dollar prices are over. Look to accumulate more on big dips as we head to higher levels.

1 Like

This is unlikely within an exchange since the exchange will only list one. At a set time you will be trading MAID then the next second it’ll be called safecoin.

The exchange will stop deposits and withdrawals while the exchange exchanges the MAID in their addresses for safecoin. Then once that is done deposits and withdrawals will only be for safecoin

Now the interesting one is differences in timing between exchanges. Well the ones trading safecoin will not accept MAID and the ones trading MAID will not accept safecoin. So no arbitrage

Conclusion: while there maybe price differences between exchanges you cannot take advantage of it.

Buy small amounts at a time and if it goes up then you might lose on some, but if it goes down then you gain on some. Hedge your bets.

@everyone Remember we have a P&T topic for all other coins now. Take advantage of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think we will have a major dip within 3 months or less, I am not sure how quickly the recovery will be and what time frame. Just keep buying coins you believe in and buy hard on dips. I personally wish I had pulled the trigger on this coin more so in the .30’s-.40’s but I am still a buyer around the $1.00 mark because I am a LT believer this coin could be worth $100 or more down the road as long as coin dilution is not rampant at time of launch. I am one of those who sat on the sidelines and watched bitcoin go from $1.00 to $20,000 and I don’t intend to miss the next greatest innovation to hit the web.

One thing that concerns me here is how much emphasis right now is being put on marketing and all these MAID advertising posts… we don’t have a a product shipped yet, things are still being developed heavily it seems from the outside. Github repo’s have plenty of bug reports and unanswered issues so why not focus 100% on just the product until we actually have a real working network. Once we have a working network, everyone on the forum verifies that it works and thoroughly tests all use-cases this network intends to deliver under the heaviest simulated duress we can. Then and only then would I feel comfortable really advertising the product, otherwise you run the risk of user interest dropping due to complications and tons of performance problems. Just look at bitcoin right now, its performance barely keeps up with current demand and the soaring fees are a huge deterrent. Can we be the first product that when it launches actually has true scale issues resolved and blows peoples socks off? That will be something I would be proud to support. I don’t want to see a MAIDSAFE version of cryptokitties rekking the whole network :stuck_out_tongue: .

Just my thoughts,
Jeremy

12 Likes

Why do you think we have major dip in 3 months? Why don’t you think we will rise?

Bad phrasing saying we, I think the crypto market as a whole will have a correction. Too many coins with no merit skyrocketing to ridiculous valuations(and these coins will hurt the quality coins too as they pull everyone down). Also if you look at the crypto market traditionally from Dec to Jan the last 4ish years you will see a pump in DEC and a decline in Jan. So lets see how it plays out :slight_smile: .

-Jeremy

4 Likes

A note on why it’s tricky to use the last (insert number here) years as a guide. Crypto growth should probably be seen as exponential, not linear. The exchange, Cryptopia, for example, has said it went from 30,000 users in January 2017 to 500,000 users on December 1, 2017 then to 1,400,000 on January 4, 2018 and, at that point, had to stop taking on new registrations and curtail some of its markets because they could not keep up with the growth.

A lot of new people entering the game and they are not coming in to sell !

4 Likes

I echo Jeremy´s thoughts that we are IMO probably facing on a few month correction in the near term. Too much delusion in the space. Newcomers need to get shaken out. IF and WHEN the Crypto markets starts to get pulled down Maid will get dragged with it.

Disclaimer: I do hold a good portion of Maid that I will not sell and plan on adding to my position if the market starts to bottom.

4 Likes

Smart guy hah :smiley: , honestly I think when this project is complete and some users have 10,000+ MAID and the coin is skyrocketing we will have some serious mental debates on when to sell and when to hold once this bad boy is worth $100 per coin or more down the road a few years from now :wink: . Granted maybe by then we will be on SAFE coin so MAID is not the right coin word choice hah.

1 Like

Yes, and the conditions are different and new. As indicated by the massive growth in the exchange’s membership.

It would seem we are going though one correction at this time now. Peaked at 20K USD and dropped to near half and has been moving up/down for the last period of time. We seem to be going through a correction now and with the continuing influx of new people the price has not dropped to very low amounts as one might expect with a “normal” correction.

2 Likes

I’ve also seen the January crypro slump re-occur over the years, but there’s always something else at play. For example, there is a stock market downturn predicted this year, and if it does happen it will definitely have a positive impact on crypto markets.

I stopped playing the market game a while ago. I buy and hold, then I buy some more, and hold.

Last time I tried to play the market I sold ETH at $12. (having bought it as 40 cents during their presale). Never again.

Happy to report that I’m still holding all the MAID that I bought during the presale (at around 1 cent 2 cents), plus some more.

Edit: the presale was actually 23800 MAID for 1 BTC at a price of around 465 USD, so more like 2 cents per MAID.

6 Likes

You may be right, I do not have the crystal ball as much as I wish I did hah. If I was trying to guess where BTC bottoms out during what I would define as the next big “crash” would be in the range between 5k-9k. We will just have to watch the mania unfold, as some predict 40k bitcoin this year as well :smiley: .

Right, if it can go from 1 cent to 1 dollar, reasonable to believe if you wait it out a while longer you will see the 1 dollar to 100 dollar range :slight_smile: , and by then you can sell some and just enjoy life and keep some maid as company too. Super jealous of that 1 cent buy though, you are locked and loaded for when this coin really takes off man! :+1: .

6 Likes

Funny thing is the $ are super nice (I’ve seen a bit over a 30x return so far) but the longer you follow genuinely the less important money feels, it’s just a working product changing the world that most really want to see :slight_smile:

In saying that I still haven’t changed where I quietly see things long term crashes nonewithstanding. Those numbers you mentioned are possibly going to be closer to 1k coins and $1k each if SAFE works without compromise and people have the temperament to hang on for a few years post launch. (I can’t really see excessive coin issuance being a real issue having done the homework fwiw)

Lots of hope for the little guys if their brave enough I guess is what I’m getting at, and that can’t possibly be a bad thing hey :wink:

3 Likes

Right, I don’t want to sound like I am all about the money. As a software developer I definitely see this projects global use case if implemented really well and seamlessly. If I were to describe my personal goals with maid-safe it would be to have enough fiat cash off of my 1k+ coin stash that I could basically be my own boss, potentially coding on this project directly rather than working for “the man” my entire life. Or at least go part time industry so I can focus on neat projects like this or others. My goal is to reach about 10k maidsafe coins before this thing explodes when product reaches maturity. I think thats a nice start to a good holding position in this project :slight_smile: .

6 Likes