MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Yea trading need skills and practice, patience and good research based on both TA and FA, but when you used to it then its more then profitable, i would never be able to stop my fulltime job just by holding.

The most traders know a diverse porto is good in the long term also, cause you can hedge the positions against each other and take advantage of hypes in some sections, like its been in for example anon coins, masternodes and much more buzzwords.

Great example is holding Siacoin it went back from 850 sat back to 57 now lets say it dropped 90% means top buyers need a x10 to break even. Thats why i think if your trading you also need to reposition your trades.

But everyone got a own strategy and i just give views thats what a forum is for and no matter how people react here i do them based on my own TA and you can put 100 traders in the same room and 90% will come up with another TA. Do love the fact maid maximalist pop up as soon as you say it can go down more.

And i do start accumulating slowly in this downtrend.

1 Like

2000 before the end of this week? It is entirely possible!

Normally I would say you are being your usual overly bearish self but I just wrote an email in which 3000 sounded plausible if btc coninues this frankly ludicrous rally.

How btc hasnā€™t retraced yet I will never know. If only the alt (and today particularly Maid) dumps were in proportion to the btc pumpā€¦

Yes yes, cheap maid, load up, blah blah blah.

2 Likes

You must be one smart dude. Everytime someone starts talking about trading, it sounds a lot like the technical development updates to me. I know they are saying something good but only manage to absorb bits here and there. Good on you for playing both ends

Anything is possible. It is whether you are willing to stake a bet on it that matters.

We were at over 6000 yesterday until the CME Bitcoin futures news hit.

However, the more money in Bitcoin, the more money in crypto, the more money in alts. It is good news all around if the pie grows larger, even if the maidsafecoin slice doesnā€™t grow proportionately at this time. It just means more potential growth for alts in the future.

3 Likes

BTC missed much of the rally earlier in the year when ethereum and other alts were going nuts. It seems appropriate that Bitcoin has a decent run in this stint.

Fwiw, I donā€™t think maidsafecoin is doing any worse than the others over the last week. Relatively, it has climbed a few places in the market cap ranks.

5 Likes

I can buy and hold and do my job though, which frankly, I enjoy more than betting on price movements. Moreover, I am not risking my own shirt when I do my day job - I can only benefit from it.

I did try my hand at trading and did make a profit overall, but they were tempered by periodic bum clenching losses. I also found myself constantly checking prices and in fear of some big news wiping out my position.

Sure, stop losses stop you losing too much, but if badly placed, you take a loss too early and then watch the price climb, etc.

I have no doubt that you can earn enough to make a living off it (many do). In my line of work, it is more lucrative and less stressful to just buy and hold an investment and gain income from my day job.

4 Likes

Agree with everything @Traktion says.

The higher BTC goes the more I begin to think the 200 odd times larger amount of Safecoin may not really matter as much as we think to our own personal financial goals.

Imagine a world with a $10k BTC (just around the corner it looks like). Thatā€™s without any sort of real mainstream adoption. That train may continue even significantly more northwards in the next couple of years as SAFE gets closer to release.

I personally donā€™t give a jot about money but Iā€™ll be buggered if I canā€™t in the next decade (assuming working tech and mid level adoption) see a world which has a $25k bitcoin and a $1k Safecoin (and yes Iā€™m fully aware that would require 10x BTC marketcap)

BTC is truly giving SAFE a protected, rails run to the top of the finishing straight.

Plenty of hurdles to cross before that reality ever eventuates but this ā€˜betā€™ is truly unlike any other out there at the present time imo. Fill your bags, if it fails thatā€™s cool we can live with that, however if (when) it works :scream:

7 Likes

Iā€™m in two minds.

1/ Sell my whole stash of MAID because I canā€™t see anything bullish, it looks like the whales are only getting started dumping their MAID bags. Especially if BTC heading to $10k.

2/ Sit tight.

Itā€™s so frustrating to watch most ALTS been rekt like this as BTC flies. I just donā€™t know what to do!!

4 Likes

I think you should start buying more maids :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Haha, yea, I know how you feel.

The market does the opposite of what I expect, I guarantee as soon as I sell MAID, they will recover.
I think the time for using the BTC price rise to gear up the number of MAIDs you own has passed, making
that trade now is wishfully thinking that you did it earlier.

Iā€™m going to hodl.

If I ever do decide to trade for BTC, it will only be for a value greater that the BTCs I used to buy my MAIDs, trading to BTC now is an immediate loss and someone else will be making a winning trade of your back - and then you have another problem, when to you trade back to MAIDs.

I will be buying more MAIDS, but making a note of the BTC price - and only consider selling as an option if I can get more BTCs back for those MAIDs.

Hope that made sense.

4 Likes

Entirely makes sense! Think I might just hodl out for nowā€¦

4 Likes

I think many of us are asking the same questions.
My opinion is that anyone selling at those prices is firing a bullet in his own foot. You buy low, you donā€™t sell low.
I donā€™t even care how much lower will MAID go. I am not margin trading, so I have no margin calls to wake me up at night.
MaidSafe will almost certainly head back to 10k Sats and maybe more, thus more than doubling its BTC value - a better investment than selling it now for the, likely to be cheaper than BTC B2X.

4 Likes

Exactly the feeling I had until just recently. As much as Iā€™d like to be a successfull daytrader, Iā€™m simply not and Iā€™ll never be. I tried it over a period of time, but I simply felt stressed most of the time. I donā€™t have the skill, energy and time to watch the market that closely.

Iā€™m sure SAFE will be a huge success. Itā€™s just this one horse for me now. I just buy more maids every time I have some euroā€™s left. If I were to lose that investment, so be it. Itā€™s spare change anyway.

I donā€™t look at any other coins anymore. For some this might sound dumb, given all the opportunities out thereā€¦
But hey, at least I have peace of mind. Iā€™m convinced this investment in MAID is a good one, and thatā€™s that for me.

9 Likes

The recent time to sell was when maidsafecoin was a couple of months ago when it was around the 15000s. Better Still, around 6 months ago when it was around 20000.

Most of the action has already happened. Bitcoin has doubled over the last 3 months already and maidsafecoin is down to a third in a similar time frame. Sure, 5000 vs 15000 looks pretty bad, but in fiat, the picture isnā€™t as bleak - it still has 50-60% of its near peak value.

Maybe it will go down to 2000, but selling in the hope of catching the bottom/top is dangerous. It is an emotional decision made by greed, which will then be compounded by fear if the market turns.

IMO, anyone who has waited this long would do well to hold on. It feels a bit rough, but the timing is wrong unless you are day trading. This isnā€™t financial advice caveats, etc! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think it is wise to keep an ear to the ground for other ground breaking technology, but IMO, safe net is the most ambitious project our there, combined with a determinded, sincere and qualified team to deliver it. I felt this from the moment I had read the white papers and the Google forum at the time before the crowd sale and still feel it now.

It is obvious that safe net is the lifeā€™s work for key individuals in the maidsafe team. Failure will simply not be an option for them. Considering what alpha 2 has already delivered, I see no reason to doubt a fully working final product will be delivered either.

Most of the other projects in this space are either essentially blockchain apps or respins/reimplementations of the blockchain. While these may or may not be successful in then long term, they are also a completely different scope to safe net. They are aiming at a different phase of the technology lifecycle.

Safe net is risky, sure, but with steady progress this risk is deminishing. We should not forget the impact this will have in this space if a fully functional safe net is successfully. A new cluster of second technology phase apps will build on it, there will be clones, etc. It will be like Bitcoin over again to a degree.

Day, swing, etc, trade if you like but there are strong reasons to buy and hold maidsafecoin.

6 Likes

Bacobob, Ejjnite and friends ARE the whales.

They will push the price down shorting to their magic crystal ball target of 2000 and feel so smart that they ā€˜got it all rightā€™ā€¦ they are going to be in for a tremendous surprise!

Hold on tight :+1:t2:

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, Bitcoin has been surging for a while and maidsafecoin has been languishing for at least as long. Let the whales splash about and think about the next 6m+ is my plan! :slight_smile:

I feel the same way. I choose to believe SAFE will have the effect youā€™re describing. Whether weā€™re right or wrong, only time will tell, but one thingā€™s for sure: this project, the idea, the team, the community, the potential effect (and itā€™s use cases) inspire me like nothing else. It sparked something inside me. That, and only that is enough for me to not be bothered by other projects out there anymore. Why look for a second (or even third) wife, when the wife you have feels like true love, right?

I also canā€™t be bothered by the upward trend of bitcoin anymore btw. To maybe illustrate my lack of knowledge about the markets, a question: why is everyone so concerned about how much satoshiā€™s MAID is worth? I keep comparing MAID to USD and all I see is a consistent price of around 30-50 cents. I consider that a good thing, no matter if it drops to 2000 or lower.

6 Likes

Greed, essentiallyā€¦ or at least the fear of missing out to put it less abrasively! :slight_smile:

1 Like