MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Because it has a lot of registered users and they plan to migrate to new tech perhaps?

6 Likes

Might get direct fiat to crypto is we are lucky with this polo buy out…
Some people who I inform about maidsafe say they like it… And they would buy it if it was on a decent exchange, I.e. cash to crypto.

It’s a bit difficult… I’ve recently switched to tamsfering $ value to bitcoin cash to poloniex instead of bitcoin, unfortunately it is one extra step on top of an unfamiliar procedure especially for newbies and it’s already put of some of my friends.

One interesting example, a friend trades crypto through a bank… they don’t own the private keys, they just trade through and app and consider themselves crypto investors. They won’t buy maid as it’s to complex, … but that’s the point. Now is the time to make that extra effort before maid is available for easy purchase…

Of to back up my truck… Beeep beeeep beeeeep

Edit:. I guess it’s like this, put the extra effort in now to buy lots of coins, or wait till they are widely available and put the hours in at work to afford the same number of coins.

5 Likes

Struggling to cope with excessive demand is an enviable position to be in. Crypto seems to suffer from chronic impatience at the moment. If this crash is sustained for a period, it will return to something a bit more normal.

2 Likes

Can we recruit Carlos, known as bitconnect investor guy, to MaidSafe promotions xD . They are already dropping sick dubstep remix of the bitconnect investor lolol - BITCONNECT EDM REMIX (FULL SONG) - YouTube . He can send us to the moon prior to product launch :smiley: . We just need him to act outrageous and wacky, I think he does it naturally :joy:

This had the top 10 for the last few years. Interesting graphic, I thought.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2018/01/meteoric-rise-cryptocurrency-past-5-years-chart/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Please help MaidSafeCoin succeed this year!

Anyone who cares about MaidSafeCoin.

It’s still kinda the lifeblood of everything here

Let’s expand it! Just a tweet & email will put it so much closer to getting in the Liqui.io crypto exchange!

5 Likes

Damn people stop selling maidsafe, cause i starting to feel my fomo level is going to the top again just bought another 200k maid! :smiley:

@whiteoutmashups i think if you atm got poloniex and bittrex you already are fine, only thing sucks is maidsafe wont be a good coin for people who wanna spend only like $100 on a coin. Even liqui wont change that.

And many new people only have a few hundred to spend and they still wanna diverse there portofolio.

3 Likes

200k, as to say in doge speak. WOW, much coin, pretty happy. Maybe if there are more people like you we get all coins from weak to strong hands. And then the insane downwards spiral stops.

1 Like

Yea but around this level all the way to 3k satoshi again would be an insane buyprice, but i do get why people sell thats also what i did around 14k. Maidsafe is hard to follow and having no deadlines make it a much more time consuming investment.

Also the long deadline expected make people lose confidence and they will try seek there investments on other coins that will have a better rise short term. And with that money they can buy back more maidsafe when we come closer to launch. a release date from more then 1year make people scared. (and a unknown one even more).

I wish to buy more if we drop to 3k, but i will always be caution with % of porto based on the timeline.

1 Like

But the only thing that really counts is privacy, safety and scalability right? Especially scalability IMO. So what’s the release date for the Lightning Network? When will Bitcoin Cash introduce GB blocks? Vitalik Buterin said in Nov 2017 that Visa level quadratic sharding on Ethereum will happen in the next “3-5 years

The reality is, there is no release date (that counts), for any of these coins, at least that I’m aware of.

1 Like

There are enough coins that give a reasonable timeline (ETA’s) around their coin (decred one of my favorite), and i dont say that its all that matters! also those coins you suggest are live and have working products people can see, feel, use. Maidsafe atm is an Omni token (thats basicly screwed for small investments cause they cant withdraw cheaply) and its harder then most coins to use the omniprotocol specially cause it doesnt have an easy to use wallet that is safe and not on the web.

I was actually hoping a wallet like Exodus would add omni support, doesnt open it for smaller investments but does help the easy token use, and might also add shapeshift support

Lightning network is a feature, doesnt mean you cant use it already LN and Atomic swaps are live just not easy to use yet and the infrastructure isnt there yet. Even without the LN you can use Bitcoin or other coins.

Same counts for Bcash, its not optimal but people can actually use it and have an easy wallet. Send/receive coins.

Ethereum is live and growing even without the sharding yet, look how cool raiden network is all the tokens they support.

You can use alpha 2 …,…

Yea alpha2 indeed, but doesnt use the token at all. Also doesnt change the fact you cant use it for something other then testing or developing

The coins/token he mentioned are live and running the blockchain there immutable and an actual product at this stage.

Keep in mind this is my point of view and i love what maidsafe will do in the future (Thats why I’m around)

5 Likes

How many people are using those coins and what are they being used for? Speculating off-chain on exchanges, even if for billions of dollars doesn’t count. Sorry, without true Visa-level scaling (because that’s the competition), they’re little more than science experiments. When someone delivers a private, safe, and highly scalable coin (as MaidSafe is promising), then we can talk about a deadline being met.

3 Likes

Pascalcoin 72k tx/s, with the safebox design and one free tx per block

Actually some coins are used for things, that they are not scalable doesnt mean they wont be used for something.

Bitcoin i used for months to pay for everything basicly, Ethereum i used to invest in new ico’s that brings something innovative to the table thats already a use-case on its own.

dont get me wrong there is a lot trash out there but i dont see bitcoin and ethereum as those coins.
Scalability will come, but who and what will be first and adopted is just speculation so i more focus on that what brings value to the table at this point. Thats what a lot of new people do aswell thats why you see huge gains in those coins.

But yes i do agree things like privacy etc matters aswell, thats why monero and decred will do really well next period of time :smiley:

Some kind of use of some top coins you can see:
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-btc-eth-xrp-bch-ltc-dash-xmr-btg.html#1y
There are not all, but you can individually check other coins on there own explorer sites.
Top 5:
XRB
ETH
BTC
LTC
ETC
DOGE

1 Like

I’m really excited about the potential of some of the coins you mention, as a well as MAID. I just think we are a long way from seeing that yet, on BTC, ETH and MAID. Scaling has not been solved and until it has, I don’t really see there being a durable advantage, despite the fact their blockchains are live. The really is, that so far, there has been a lot of hype and not much substance. A massive bubble was created by speculators and not ‘real’ use cases like commerce. Now people are waking up and the bubble has popped.

MaidSafe has chosen to solve the problem of scaling before the network goes live. A lot of people seem to think we have missed the boat by doing that, dropping out of the top 100 etc. I think the race to get ‘real’ adoption and use has barely begun.

3 Likes

But that’s the thing. There is already something out there which is used on a daily basis by millions of users. Because of that we can see the weak points of those solutions. Like scalability. It’s good that MAID tries to address this one beforehand. But then you can not foresee everything without a live product used by many.

Sorry, all I see is speculation (and I believe ERC20 tokens on the Ethereum blockcain are just facilitating speculation in ICOs). I want to see a coin being used by millions of people every day to buy things, or to back-up their data, or for machine-to-machine payments. Until that happens, I think crypto currencies are more about potential than substance.

5 Likes