Yes there are a number of factors affecting MAID at the moment.
- BTC sudden rise is seeing people selling MAID to get BTC to sell it
- traders are seeing MAID taking too long and over time have sold to get into other coins that they feel will make quicker money. How fast they get out of MAID depends on their world view of crypto.
- MAID is taking too long for some and they feel the need to get (partly) out of MAID
- Other ICOs - both fomo and diversifying
- Biggest being that SAFE is a difficult project and some are going cold towards MAID which fuels the above reasons.
- and I’m sure others can add to this list.
The interesting things and most promising is that MAID is still above 10K at this time. It still has a lot of credibility in the crypto world.
Also marketcaps can be manipulated for low trading volume coins. Take safex for example for a long time a few hundred BTC could see up to 1000% rises. A few hundred BTC in MAID is maybe 10%.
In some respects this is good for MAID because the bigger players (hopefully) are the ones getting out of MAID and their coins are being spread wide and far across a lot of people.