MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Try Changelly again. I am in U.S. and just got the following screenshot:

4 Likes

I have not whined about anything. My response to your comment has nothing to do with access to exchanges. Itā€™s not wise to cut off markets that currently have such massive buying power. Do you think it would be smart to just cut off 500 million Europeans? Your comment was factually dumb. It would have factually dumb if I said it about Europe. You just decided to take it as an ā€œUS is kingā€ comment and lost co from of context.

Where are they gonna get listed where its open to US? Coinbase? Not happening. Gemini? Nope. @Knosis , you will still be left using places like simpleswap which is available to you now.

2 Likes

We noted the other day that under current operations kucoin for one would give everyone access.

I dont think its up to the team to just add Maid to exchanges. The cost have been out of proportion. I believe there is many big US Maid holders that also can do an effort her. Satoshi did not sign BTC to exchanges.

2 Likes

Kucoin is technically skirting US law as well.

That doesnā€™t remove the current endgame

:confused: :confounded: Of course we are.

14 Likes

It would be no different for American users than using simpleswap.

Thatā€™s how it comes across, sorryā€¦

Yes it would be nice to be on a few more exchanges.
Should project resources be significantly diverted to make this happen? NO, Not at this stage.

TAANSTAFL and only so much Maidsafe Ltd time available - (this effectively means David and Sharon) , no matter how much very welcome community effort goes into ERC20 and the efforts by @DeusNexus ,@Sotros25 et al.

2 Likes

Kraken and Bitfinex would be great places to start.

The world has changed. Satoshi also didnā€™t start a legally liable company and attach it to Bitcoin. Itā€™s not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Itā€™s also not rocket science. Once again, the wheel need not be reinvented here. If tiny projects can get listed, this one can too.

When many words have been saidā€”as has been the case over the past weekā€”much gets lost in translation. I think we can take the above statement from David as assurance that MaidSafe is committed to applying in the near term.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s not for a testnet as you have been told by more than me. You continually are misrepresenting me here chap.

6 Likes

I tried yesterday and it would not load a trade. Today it does. Back to my point that it is interment.

Yes, sadly you are. There is no use banging oneā€™s head against geopolitical realities.

ā€œThe beginning of all wisdom is acknowledgement of facts.ā€
(Kaiken viisauden alku on tosiasiain tunnustaminen.)

• J. K. Paasikivi, President of Finland from 1946 to 1956.

(Some folks may need to look at a world map, and maybe study some history, in order to understand what this has meant for Finland.)

The point is, a small Scottish company is in no way to blame for the situation in the US.

3 Likes

Fair enough, I dont know much about those exchanges since I live in Washington state, which has additional restrictions. Canā€™t use binance.us or gemini, either.

1 Like

Americans can buy on Simpleswap but cannot exchange for another currency (I tried today). Try Changelly. I investigated (but did not complete a transaction) and it appears U.S. residents can exchange MAID for ETH or BTC there.

1 Like

I donā€™t know anything for sure but there has to be a reason. I think some are more likely than others.

One being what David mentioned about lack of trading volume and I do think that itā€™s because without a product and it being a one of a kind project it makes a timeline impossible and so itā€™s a long term investment/buy and hold project. No trading volume = delisting.

Another is the fact Bittrex US said we fall under a security (I guess because of the crowd sale?) maybe because it wasnā€™t filed with the SEC that itā€™s a problem? There are other ICO projects listed so maybe that was a bogus excuse.

Poloniex delisted us maybe because of us being a competitor to TRON (as Justin Sun who runs TRON bought Poloniex). At that point (I thought) we had good trading volume there and was MAIDā€™s primary exchange for trading. That one really f**ked us.

Then say we get listed and launch but then because of all the privacy coin delisting we also are delisted. Waste of time and energy there possibly too.

A big perhaps also is that we are literally one of the only non blockchain projects that has no blockchain integration whatsoever and potentially pose a threat to the space as a whole. A bit presumptuous since usually they laugh at and ignore you first but a possibility I suppose.

Odds are stacked. Feels a little do or die. Maybe we get the sense itā€™s a war we might not win but I suggest we draw on the courage and strategic prowess of the Spartans.

3 Likes

Nobody is blaming Maidsafe for the situation in the US. The thought is having MAID on top exchanges keeps folk from being locked in and exposes the world to the project. Having this rest on one exchange is good for no one. The reason projects try to get listed is to expose the market to their project.

2 Likes

I heard changelly no longer offers those pairs.

Today it does. Maybe you have to catch it when the liquidity is right.

1 Like