MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

I dunno how you define “get rich quick,” but most of us HODLers on here could easily argue the opposite. However, I do recognize your good point about a promising technology, at a dirt cheap price, with unlimited potential.

4 Likes

I think members of the community have shown so much patience that a “get rich quick” comment doesn’t make a lot of sense jajaja. The great thing is patience has paid off, we are almost there!

8 Likes

MAID hodlers are made of stern stuff. They make bitcoin hodlers look like amateurs! :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

My point exactly! When I’m talking about get rich quick I was talking about people not investing in MAID right now, but potential investor from the outside. The crypto space in general is about getting rich quick not the underlying technology.

2 Likes

I can’t remember who had issues with maid balance on trex.
I know one person said theirs showed up after another transaction iirc.

Just curious if the other person ever got it resolved?

It’s still an ongoing issue.

I’ve sent them screen shots, also created a video using a video capture card on a fresh install of Ubuntu to eliminate their suggestion of a caching issue.

My orders and some coins are not visible on the Web interface.

But are visible in the spread sheet I downloaded.

They have thanked me for being patient and are continuing to look in to it.

4 Likes

CoinMarketCap: 98
Nomics: 94
CoinGecko: 100

2 Likes

I think we’ll pass through 36 cents shorty.

2 Likes

Its less painful as long as there is some diversification in your crypto portfolio haha. Although I am personally happy to finally see some fiat value life in this coin again at .35+, I won’t get excited till I see 1.00+ again, and we may not get that this run but I will keep my fingers crossed!

4 Likes

I’m not sure what to say if we see a btc run to 100k+ and we can’t get $1 maid…that would be an ultra disappointment and very frustrating.

3 Likes

I personally don’t think we see btc 100k either(I originally thought 40-60k top this go round before a decent correction) but bitcoin has proven me wrong a few times :slight_smile: . MAID has such little liquidity though it does not take much to pump or dump it hah. Anyone that has like 50,000 MAID or 1+ BTC can cause major shifts to the Bittrex order books.

1 Like

This is not the other coin topics page but I’m not sure how based on the past where people are coming up with like 50k btc as a top for this cycle. It just doesn’t make any sense based on all the factors at play.

You are correct it won’t take much pressure to send maid flying.

3 Likes

MAID/BTC chart looks really bad. Looks like a penny stock with dead cat bounces. We may thank BTC a lot to keep the usdt price up, but when BTC starts falling…

4 Likes

There’s no hype and no product, just us hodlers hanging in there and hoping. I wouldn’t expect the charts to look too pretty, tbh.

A working test net, that we can shout about from the rooftops, is what we need. The team are working on it, they seem close, but still no cigar.

We must not forget the impact of a proven breakthrough. If it doesn’t make news in the space, there is something wrong with folk. Until then, they are entirely reasonable to avoid MAID and stick with BTC.

7 Likes

I agree with you. What we should realize is that all the shit coins above us don’t have a product or proven breakthrough. They have marketing and hype which we have none of.
The people buying those shit coins are not look at the product or breakthroughs.

We will have a real product and breakthroughs. If we want to participate in this bull market we need to have marketing and hype until we have our product and delivered breakthroughs.

3 Likes

I’m not sure you can generate hype without a product at this stage. People have seen MAID lingering on for years. What will convince them things have changed?

Imo, a product is essential now. It doesn’t need to be a finished, polished, product. Something which proves the novel technology works may be sufficient, such as the shared test net.

15 Likes

Yeah just imagine the shared, non-Droplets public test net that happened those years ago and was technically working between everyone’s computers, but this time working consistently, without breaks and way more of the components working in unison. That becoming reality must be why the first release of such a thing has been on the horizon for a few months now and still being worked out, since there are many components to fully get right (and maybe some learning from all past test nets including the old Alpha to make it even more refined upon first+ release). I mean, didn’t something like that happen when PARSEC was still in place, but with command line? I’m not sure if the upcoming one will be CLI or binaries.

Anyway, I don’t see the price going back down, and don’t know what signs there are for Bitcoin etc. to downtrend. IIRC before the boom there were articles saying many investors are investing all their gold and stuff into it.

1 Like

Binaries just means the compiled code. Anyway, they’re going to work on getting the browser updated to work with the new code too, so I’d expect the test to be the safe CLI app for running vaults and the authenticator, with the browser to view content. Browser may come a bit later on in the test…we’ll see.

2 Likes

Shapeshift decentralized trading will be introducing native BTC “soon”.

Does native BTC trading on Shapeshift DEX mean we could potentially have an opportunity to get MAID on there?

2 Likes

Let’s hope so, if they also implement omni I can’t see why not.

2 Likes