MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

If not when.

And yes that could be an issue but issues could occur with emaid.

I simply dont think ifs buts and maybes are a good reason to switch to emaid, i could do the same for omni, but honestly why bother.

The ppl have spoken through action, many are happy with omni maid, or else more would have converted.
Its really that simple.

Youve all had what

Not alot to boast about is it.

1 Like

Personally, all crypto is terrible and the difference between MAID and eMAID is not that big.

I never use any crypto for anything else than trading. All of them suck in all “everyday” -type of use. And every time I need to learn to use some new crypto stuff for whatever reason, I am terrified by the possibility that either I make a mistake somewhere, or I get screwed by someone else.

With OMNI I can manage. It’s not handy in any way, if we set the bar of “handy” anywhere in the range that is considered to be normal range outside cryptoworld. Over the years I have just accumulated barely enough skills and experience, that I can store and move my coins without getting overly anxious about it all. I get anxious, but it is tolerable. I have scattered my coins over several addresses to reduce the impact of my possible mistakes etc.

Now, to learn how to manage with eMAID in the wisest way, to develope my own practices to protect me from my own stupidity, is just an uphill battle, filled with dread of crucial mistakes. And it doesn’t make it much easier if I get good instructions here form this forum. I still would double check everything form different sources etc. It’s a hell of a job to educate myself enough.

Before the eMAID thing was set up, there was a survey asking if people would be interested about the possibility to have ERC20 version of the token. I replied “Yes!”, and that is still true. The possibility is absolutely 100% positive to me too, but to actually make that transition… it’s another story.

8 Likes

For sure everyone has to decide for themselves whether they want to use MAID or eMAID.

3 Likes

I still haven’t made the step necessary to retrieve my ERC20 PDC because of this (or well also/mainly? because of the gas fee that I heard about). (So all my Omni PDC is burned as of like a year ago, and waiting for me to transfer to my own Eth wallet, which I don’t remember anything about anymore, for now.)

2 Likes

It is just that people dont want to give up their privacy. If it weren’t for that, i would have switched all my coins to eMAID already.

2 Likes

I very much doubt that if your referring to coins on bittrex.
Their kyc is super invasive.

Im sure its true for some holding coins of exchanges / not interested in pulling fiat or trading maid.

Doeesnt that privacy need to be given up if you ever want to cash out any significant amount.

My exp was it was far harder hoops to jump through to pull out via fiat than making money in the first place.

1 Like

what if altcoinomy closes tomorrow and we end up with 1% of MAID on eMAID ?

1 Like

It wouldn’t matter because eMAID is still 1:1 backed as MAID for the Safe Network token redemption on launch.

5 Likes

Question, who holds the keys for the eMaid on Altcoinomy?

The eMaid has to be under your control to be available for you to exchange

Dont altcoinimy mint the coins and send the emaid to eth addresses specified by the burner?
Id imagine so or they wouldnt be tradeable, so the coin owners must hold the emaid keys for their coins respectively.
They could be new buyers or the original burners.

5 Likes

They only mint 1 for 1 what is sent to the burn address.

I believe the mint is multisig.
(But they don’t hold the eMaid or are you asking who the multisig members are?)

2 Likes

Altcoinomy uses Gnosis Multisignature to mint erc20 when a burn transaction for omni maid is registered. They don’t hold any eMAID, it is directly minted to the person who burned his omni MAID given that he provided his correct ETH address. The erc20 contract can only mint, and eventually they can revoke complete ownership so token amount can never change anymore.

4 Likes

It is my understanding that the good people behind altcoinomy are quite heavily invested in (e)MAID and it would make no sense whatsoever for them to close down.
They also have some of the finer brains in the crypto/regulatory spheres so I doubt anything but a very major black swan event would faze them.

There are many things to worry about, but this is not one of them - for now anyway.

7 Likes

When I asked I had forgotten it was the site minting was done from and thought it was a DEX or something like that.

When i realised the mistake the question became wrong. My bad

5 Likes

The question is not wrong, the keys they hold can indeed mint as much eMAID as they want - so it is important to continue to watch the OMNI burn address if it matches the newly generated ERC20 amount. People control the keys - people make mistakes/million dollar hacks happen all the time.

Bridges are the most dangerous thing to transfer value from one network to another because the oracle problem is not yet solved. You just have a computer with bitcoin and ethereum blockchain and a person looking at a dashboard.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

3 Likes

The bridge is multi-signature so requires multiple confirmations before any mint can happen.

4 Likes

A convenient Android application for monitoring eMAID trade:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

8 Likes

So, what just happened to maid in the past hour? Are we the target of a pump?

2 Likes

To move the price you would only need to spend a few thousand dollars. liquidity is very low.

3 Likes

I grabbed some small profits, had my sells set too low. I expect it back to the 550-600 range soon enough.

1 Like