MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

We are almost at the end of Jan 22 and it still remains essentially an idea only.

From hopeful to realistic next stop pesemestic?

1 Like

We are quite a bit further though evidenced in the fact we can transfer 2 hour films across the network in 10 mins.

Honestly, it’s the closest it’s ever been imo.

6 Likes

I agree that a global autonomous quantum-resistant private secure near-instant data and communications network—harboring an unparalleled exchangeable unique currency working at network speed—which updates and prevents catastrophic loss, that that was the end January 22nd, and that 15 years of primarily innovation and coding (700,000 lines of C++ to probably now moderately less than 10,000 lines of mainly Rust and maybe other languages) but also tests and results—all happily on their way to the original vision—is an idea only. Phenomenal post!

17 Likes

Great condensation of information, very useful! The main thing that struck me was a scale in which Maidsafe was able to reduce the amount of previous code in C++. Hats off Maidsafe. Diamond hands.

7 Likes

It remains a work in progress is really what I should have said. Nonetheless, for how long it remains that way is something which truthfully you aren’t able to quantify.

1 Like

The community networks are approaching being something useful in their own right. This is the the core of what safe network does. If stability can be achieved over longer and longer periods, with more network splits, then the main area of risk is removed.

Moving to a platform which utilizes a stable network is relatively straightforward. It becomes an app creating exercise and, as such, it becomes easier to show and track progress.

Bolting on visual stuff is high impact and low cost in development terms. Getting the internals to work is the exact opposite, but is absolutely necessary.

I’m certainly enthused by the latest Dev updates and especially the community networks. Something tangible is emerging.

24 Likes

Nice and steady rise in price over the recent weeks…

Just to let you know that at the moment there is about 64 000 MAID for sale in P2PB2B for prices that are cheaper than Bittrex. So if someone wants to arbitrage, there it is. Or if some American fellow wants to buy.

12 Likes

If it were, wouldn’t the price be going up rather than just trading in roughly the same area.
I don’t really see market movement that correlates to what your saying

2 Likes

Too many if’s and could’s for me to draw that conclusion personally, but of course you could be correct.
I just think we hit a floor and bounced back slightly.

Considering I was providing small, and I do mean small amounts of liquidity and had my hand forced to stop doing so, I’m not surprised we went up slightly as some resistance was removed.

Of course if someone wants to sell, I’m also not there now to cushion the sale effect on the mkt.

any one who wants to dump there coins is free to do so my dream is to see 5 for a pound one last time
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Just noticed the crazy low volume lately. What gives?

2 Likes

It’s just the calm before the storm. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Can you say that it is The Gathering Storm?

Privacy. Security. Freedom

8 Likes

Nobody holding wants to sell, nobody new wants to buy, bots and pumps not involved.

I must have missed those dates? Are they real

Yes!

Privacy. Security. Freedom

14 Likes

Brilliant. Thanks

Could be the stupid KYC Bittrex is enforcing. I refused for quite a while, and they just blocked my account a week ago. I assume there are more holders here refusing the go through the KYC process.

I’m currently trying to get submitted anyway, but the things they’re asking is just outright invasive and shouldn’t be allowed imo.