MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

People discuss whether or not eth will flip BTC. I don’t see how that happens but even if it does, it doesn’t change that BTC has the purest monetary policy in the world and ethereum is still trying to figure itself out after 6 years with the benefit of watching bitcoin existing. I don’t understand the infatuation with ether other then fiat gains.

1 Like

Who knows everything is possible even everything going to zero. Time will tell…

The Marketcap is a fictional number that means nothing. You can’t sell in it, you can’t trade it. Nothing.

But because people are stupid and look at sites where there is a marketcap ranking, it will be fun to watch their brains melt away and the story change and why they are no longer bitcoin maximalists. :happyant:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

Even if the MC flips, which I agreed means nothing, BTC Maxis won’t change their stance and IMO they shouldn’t, especially for ether.

I always thought a bitcoin maximalist thought bitcoin could provide all the tech a crypto needs.
Why a btc maximslist would invest in anything but btc is beyond me, surely they are not a maximalist then.

I guess it all falls to how you define it.

Has Bittrex fixed the wallet issue yet?

No just checked again

3 Likes

On the daily, MAID on balance volume (OBV) is about making its third touch to down-sloping resistance. If it breaks then we could see some major upside.

The candles on the other hand look as if they are forming a symmetrical or ascending triangle. ~.70cent area is major resistance but the triangles don’t look like they would be at at completion for a breakout for another couple weeks at least.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Potentially we could see a rejection on OBV and more chop for September and hopefully then a massive breakout to the upside. If OBV breaks sooner then the triangles were or are probably invalid.

Not any clear indications here unfortunately but thought I would share some observations.

4 Likes

Anyone know why p2pb2b api isn’t working? It would be cool to track progress over time but the api needs to work for that to be possible.

https://api.p2pb2b.io/api/v2/public/market?market=MAID_BTC

{"success":false,"errorCode":2021,"message":"Unknown market.","result":[]}

The market code is correct, see https://p2pb2b.io/trade/MAID_BTC/

1 Like

They probably disabled the api because of low volume / liquidity.

CMC uses these metrics to rate an exchange, which is why p2pb2b simply disables the pairs giving them a poor rating.

Edit: I can get this API back on when we can narrow the spread to <5% and at least $3000 daily volume.

6 Likes

I often wondered how a technology like this would be adopted by the masses (as it will use tokens as it’s primary instrument of exchange and trade) and break free from the speculative, crazy crypto universe perceptions. I then watched an investment ad recently about coming megatrends that highlighted GTE (Global Token Exchange) technology. They touted that everything would be / is being “tokenized” or broken down into bits that anyone could invest partially in, similar to stocks. Didn’t mention data (let alone MaidSafe / Safe Network). But I thought it was a fascinating idea. Could this make the idea of the Safe Network even more easily adopted and understood?

Thoughts?

13 Likes

Think there is a chance of $1.20 in a couple weeks. Let’s see how this ages… :grimacing:

10 Likes

Anything is possible, but unless there is volume its too easy to move up or down. Anyone with a few coins in their pocket can move the price north or south.

Also Bittrex wallet is still on the fritz, they have other wallets under maintenance since April, so who knows what they are doing…

We will see real movement once the network becomes a reality and we start getting some infamy from the dark web…

2 Likes

Some bot trying to tempt us to trade this?

Nooooo way. I really believe if you sell a large enough amount that could be profitable to trade, you wont be able to buy it back.

There is a bot out there that want’s to shake us down and empty our pockets.

7 Likes

They can shake this tree as much as they want and we will all still be holding on for the white knuckle ride that is to come.

13 Likes

Also note the low volume on way down. Now the holiday season is over and the first monthly paid days are coming, still great point to accumulate.

4 Likes

Can the bot open up the US market and allow its current Maid holders to trade? If not, good luck trying to shake us down. I’ll just HODL until we hit $600. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hard to shakedown anyone when the wallet is under maintenance :wink:

2 Likes

With the impending testnet, now is the worst time to sell. I think the team is really striving to produce something stable with this next one, with all the optimizations and bug fixes. It’s going to be a pretty big deal.

13 Likes

Haha, this is the time to sit tight. And add if you can! Even though Bittrex’s wallet is under maintenance, you can still buy. Just have to wait to withdraw. Next monthly buy for me is right around the corner.

5 Likes