MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Is there an amount of coins that are currently locked up for maidsafe developers or additional liquidity that will be added when the network is fully ready beyond the current 455 MM and the coins that will come from farming?

Who is ā€˜weā€™ though? When lambo folks or maidsafe?

If the tech works, the price will come. I get that folks want it sooner. We all want more money, the network yesterday, etc, but we should be happy with a new ATH (most havenā€™t) and good progress.

3 Likes

Yes, I have some targets in mind. However, the exchanges that are bigger than P2PB2B have significant document requirements MaidSafe must fulfill and non-trivial listing fees. I figure the MaidSafe team more than deserves a little rest, so Iā€™ll follow up on what can be done next week.

I conducted such a poll about a year ago. Maybe peopleā€™s feelings may have changed since thenā€¦

Itā€™s a two-part problem. People are still not-yet comfortable buying given present liquidity. The only way to fix this is with additional exchange listings. The average is ~40. Weā€™re now at 3. I think 5-10 should be the target.

These are good tactics.

Itā€™s not to pump the price. Itā€™s to build better awareness, gain market traction, and get to a point where old time holders see a price that reflects the value they see in the product. We hear that people donā€™t want to sell (and let others into this ecosystem) at current prices. The only way to get to prices where old timers will sell is by increasing liquidity, thus allowing the price to reach its market potential.

This perfectly makes my above point. A 10x increase in price will require more liquidity, which will require more exchange listings.

The rate at which new coins will be released upon launch is yet to be decided. You can find the initial distribution of coins at launch in anyone of the press kits.

I believe ā€œweā€ should reflect the community, which is MaidSafe, all of us here, and those who will join us on the Safe Journey.

5 Likes

This is spot on imo.

5 Likes

Is the community going to create a listing fund then, to raise the substantial listing fees, market making liquidity, etc?

Iā€™d like to see the price shoot up as much as the next person, but there seem to be many strings attached and no guarantees either.

I think we should and I hope we do. Thatā€™s why I polled the community about this last year, and suggested a Safe Network Community Fund. I do think thereā€™s more that we can be doing as a community. Currently Iā€™m working on Safe ~20 hrs a week. Iā€™m going to create another poll on this to see how others can contribute.

6 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what price margins would be those where veterans would wonder to start selling a maid?

I hadnā€™t looked at the press kits yet. They look awesome!! And thank you.

1 Like

Well, this seems to indicate nothing less than ~$12.

Weā€™ve also heard as little as $5 and as high as $100+. Honestly, I think itā€™s reasonable that with respectable access to liquidity, MAID should be able to achieve a market cap of at least ~$20 to $30 B leading up to beta. Other projects have achieved this with far less tangible tech to show. That would be a price ~ of $44 to $66.

To everyone: whatā€™s your ideal price to start parting with your MAID?

• $1 to $4.99
  • $5 to $9.99
  • $10 to $19.99
  • $20 to $49.99
  • $50 to $99.99
  • $100+
0 voters
6 Likes

I think that is a neat poll but I believe most would only sell a portion of their holdings at those prices.

10 Likes

For sure. Thereā€™s no price listed in that poll at which Iā€™d liquidate everything.

8 Likes

Iā€™m assuming most people here right now will almost never sell all of their coins. Additionally some people see a million or two as life changing while it may be less or more for others. I hope after people investing for this long they get what they want out of it as well as the new tech to live our lives with.

7 Likes

I mostly want SAFE for the world. There are issues with info-anarchy, but they are now clearly less than the issues with the alternatives. My liquidate 1/3 and retire number is between $10 and $15, and it all of a sudden doesnā€™t sound preposterous. In that event, some will be held indefinitely, some laddered for an absolutely stupid number, and the remaining will go to fund projects like putting scihub or wikipedia on SAFE.

8 Likes

Would be interesting to have a poll to see how much maid people would be willing to contribute to a fund for this.

1 Like

Will be posted momentarily! :smile:

3 Likes

Price/Valueā€¦ was just thinking about the massive machines in place to censor and control what news stories take front page space and now social media, and the cost to keep them runningā€¦ over nightā€¦ BOOM ā€¦ SAFENetwork will make those machines worthless. Am really looking forward to reading real information.

8 Likes

It wonā€™t be so simple. If the powers that be want to mess with your signal-to-noise ratio they can just as well up the noise as suppress the signal. It will take a serious community effort to curate, and to develop systems for rating and aggregating curations, to offset threats, even on a network such as this.

5 Likes

I donā€™t think we will see as big of a change regarding this as one might expect. The biggest ā€œmachineā€ that censors popular news and social media platforms is culture. Those popular platforms will continue to be pressured to remove whatever content is deemed to be inappropriate by the masses. And they will comply at the risk of losing popularity if they donā€™t.

You should read/listen to 1st two books first, but the book Assassin, by Doug Casey has a crypto based investigative network called The Paladin Network to incentivize the uncovering and publication of truth that is interesting to think about.

3 Likes

Always a thumbs up for a book recommendation. In the next shipment.