MaidSafe without deadline or performance milestone?

@BIGbtc – I’m maybe not understanding your comment about “this is business”. So, correct me if I’m wrong, but you don’t have access to Maidsafe’s books? So you don’t know how far along they are in their burn rate … Certainly their funds do determine their actual real deadline. As David laid out they do monitor slippage which is another way to manage performance. Public milestones and deadlines would certainly just lead to frustration all the way around; and since there are no guides for building this network, such public milestones and deadlines would certainly fail at least half the time.

On an investor business note, I’ve returned massively on MAID since I entered this space - so I personally have no room for complaints at all … I can imagine that those who timed it poorly would be frustrated - however that is the nature of investing and those who have lost due to unfortunate or ill-planned timing need to understand the risks - or, honestly, they shouldn’t be in the game.

On a developer business note it’s frankly the same thing as the investor note - developing for a platform that doesn’t exist is highly risky and anyone who chooses to take those risks needs to be managing their degree of personal and business risk – and that’s just business.

Unless there is real intentional misleading by the team, then IMO, complaining about one’s personal or business frustration over one’s personal or business mismanagement in regards to this or any other project’s business is failing to understand the risks that were and are involved with the project and the business … I’m not perfect - I’ve had a lot of frustration on other projects and other businesses - the difference is, I don’t think it’s productive for anyone (including myself) to drag out their personal feelings in public view unless there is clear evidence of misleading and or fraudulent behaviour.

So, if I have misunderstood your complaints in this thread then I apologize - I really am just trying to be helpful here for you and the community. Otherwise, I humbly suggest that if you want to help the team with suggestions to improve their deadlines or performance milestones then such conversations may be better directed at the team through private channels where you can debate the merits of the ideas in a way that won’t lead to more bad feelings all the way around and where you and the team can speak more frankly if you so choose via an NDA to contain any additional frustration.

3 Likes