MaidSAFE Tee Shirt

They use the term ANT technology (Autonomous Network Tech)…

So 130 million years ago was when wasps first dropped their wings and evolved into ants.

I don’t really like it personally though

Nice to meet you @whiteoutmashups, welcome to sf @Zack

9 Likes

This is a cool design but is going to be a really expensive graphic to print on shirts. Gradients don’t work with screen printing and you’ll want the smallest number of colors possible as printers charge per-color used.

2 Likes

Hi @ioptio I just moved downtown and got to meet @dallyshalla for the first time.

Very excited to finally be here! And hope to help in any capacity that I can!

6 Likes

@dallyshalla @Zack @whiteoutmashups nice photo chaps.

2 Likes

Neat! Come to the Bitcoin meetup on Tuesday night if you’re available and interested! It would be nice to meet you plus this one is gonna be interesting. :smile:

3 Likes

I’m seeing some family for Christmas but I’ll be back on the 8th ready for anything!

A design I made today for anyone wanting to use it to print some tshirts feel free. I will upload it to an online swag website for anyone wanting to purchase it there. You can however download the original size file from the flickr link here to do with it as you will. If you do create something with it please share an image of the product.
Imgur

13 Likes

That is awesome. Its very nuanced and scary. Its got all sorts of vibe going on.

I really like the logo at the top though to be honest, I’m not a fan of the collection of technical descriptors on the bottom image. Maybe that’s because it reminds me of Wordle, which I’m not a big fan of. I think this collection of terms is important but doesn’t go well all together as a visual image for a t-shirt. But really, the design on top is awesome. I like it a lot and the small plane logo.

I would appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism you could offer my design.
Thanks

I wasn’t going for scary but I don’t mind it at all. I was definitely going for nuanced. I chose the insect wings for a couple of reasons. 1. They represent the evolution of the ant. 2.They represent freedom. The victorian dressed ants were chosen as the female ant represents the birth life and propagation of the colony. Xor at the top is a reference for those who are familiar with the way maidsafe functions. Scary is good, scary represents the unknown, perhaps the death of a weaker system.

You might be able to simulate the gradiant with fewer colors and careful stipilation. Just think of how you’d make the image with pencil crayons or on a computer with 256 colours, or perhaps more to the point 16 colours.

Come to think of it making a simpler image would also be good for making stencils to spraypaint on stuff.

Its like a heraldic crest. It sent chills of up my spine. I’ve never seen anything that seems to convey the menacing power of the concept as well on every level. From XOR at the top to Revolution x Evolution at the bottom. It looks like hierarchy completely transformed or turned on its head to me. There is a little bit of the ghostly paranormal, a little bit of the insectoid (anthropromophosized- implies DAO- totally brilliant) and cues from WWII, there is a squiggle in the SAFE symbol that looks like a heart beat on a EEG. The XOR at the top is chilling because normally at the top of the pyramid is the all seeing panoptic supervisor eye which is discriminatory and guilt inducing (exclusive or) but in this case its flanked by humanized insects like something seated to the left and the right of the father but the insect implies the whole thing will be made organic or take out of fallible human hands, always a theme an in rule of law notions or struggles with human kingship/headship, and handed over to an older superseding order. Its also the proper timely use of the “female”- makes me think of the mortal terror of some of these conservative man children in the US being caught by the ear by there marm HIllary, makes them squeal.

I wanted to hand it over to the Cyanide & Happiness guys out of the blue with no explanation because I thought it would scare the shit out of them and they would transmit its awesomeness into cartoon and humor and because I think they’d just intuitively get it. At first glance one might think “Moth Man,” which is bad enough, but if you start to look at it that fades you see the butter fly wings at the base of the pyramid and the light appears to be ascendant. I guess the entity in Moth Man was vaguely activist.
But either way its got the quality of inspiration in my opinion. It does look thought that parts of the font selection sizing work to balance and take some of the edge off and make it slightly more approachable. The artists simply renders what is, and is already. Its a critical role, and its not to suggest that any of use ever achieve anything more, we just render what is. I think the visual artists is able to get artists in other mediums to tune in to the same signal.

1 Like

I love your breakdown of this. This graphic is in essence a collage of other artists work to synthesize a new meaning. There is also the conveyance of old values being attributed to new technologies. Thanks for this insight, it is inspiring to know this graphic resonates with you as it does.

1 Like

The full spectrum of color in the safecoin logo is probably best rendered to a shirt with a heat transfer rather than a screen printing.

How can I get one? I feel weird copying the design and sending it to a print company. I just want the shirt…:slight_smile:

Edit to Add - I mean optictopics design. I have successfully used the shirt in my avatar as a conversation piece…

1 Like

Yeah I could use another one too. I lost mine in the move somehow and besides I’ve come down a size or two. And I think I’ll take both. One of the original and one of optictopic’s design. That’s some awesome stylizing there.

1 Like

Are the shirts still available for member to purchase?

1 Like

I’m also interested in one.