MaidSAFE Tee Shirt

From article
"Ants evolved from wasp-like ancestors in the mid-Cretaceous period between 110 and 130 million years ago and diversified after the rise of flowering plants. "

Another ant factoid (apparently) is the weight off all the ants in the world equals the weight of all humans.

2 Likes

Ah …right, cheers for that. I like the analogy too and the influence of Feynman’s advice to look at nature. As an aside, I was pondering this and noticed that the animal/human brain (also nature) is also very analogous to how the internet/Maidsafe works and is evolving. I’m thinking nodes/neurons, synapses firing/ data retrieval etc. Starting from a primitive brainless nervous sysrem with limited inputs to the evolution of the neo-cortex. Its hard to articulate, but has to do with how ideas and thoughts are arrived at by accessing different neural regions, linking disparate and apparently unconnected ideas/memories to come up with new ideas. As consciousness is (according to neuro-scientific research) an “emergent” property of the brain, rather than say a “soul” (yuk…), then it leads to further interesting ideas about where we are heading. Anyway, sorry for being a bit random there…lol

2 Likes

I hope the full resolution file will be made available, so it can be utilized for other promotional objects…cups, hats, stickers…graffiti, tattoos :wink:

1 Like

On that point we should perhaps put up a repository with all images. Then they are available for all (we should put the relevant CC license on them). That way we can all do pull requests and add to this. It could contain all marketing type materials (leaflets etc).

6 Likes

Yes…right where the Builders can see them also

3 Likes

Hello all,

I previously posted on the MaidSafe reddit about helping out with any t-shirts and was offering a contest till I ran into this thread! Awesome stuff. If there is anyway I can help let me know, or even help out with the 2nd place entries that people want to see created. Glad to be here!

3 Likes

Like the design. How to get one?

I love the design and the whole principal of the Companies effort

1 Like

19 days ago? Completely missed that post, thanks for linking.

1 Like

Are these shirts still available? I havent been able to figure out the private message feature of this forum software yet :slight_smile:

Lol…I don’t believe this…I specifically requested a non-sweaty, non irn-bru stained t-shirt and gave my Scottish neighbour’s address for delivery. I told him about it weeks ago (but he was a bit pissed) I just asked him if he received a t shirt for me and he said he got one but thought it was for him as it was from Scotland…it is now sweaty and cider stained instead!..lol.
Thanks very much anyway, I’m just making him wash it now…lol

3 Likes

For folks that live in N. America, the shirts will be delivered to me next week most likely at which point I’ll start sending them out to you all! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

lol including me???

1 Like

I just received mine yesterday and am wearing it now! Thanks.

3 Likes

I have not got mine :frowning:

1 Like

OK. Everyone… I have a list of US residents sent to me from Justine. So if you haven’t already sent Justine your mailing address and you live in N. America, please send me a private message with a name, mailing address and t-shirt size.

I will post here when I’ve received the shirts and when they’re mailed out so no need to keep wondering or asking.

1 Like

Hard work to promote Maidsafe…

8 Likes

They’re in! If I don’t get them sent out to the list I have tomorrow then they’ll definitely be out on Monday!
Cheers!

6 Likes

can I have the tracking number? lol I am in NYC