Disclaimer: I am an investor in maidsafe coin, ether and THE DAO tokens.
I open this post separately as I believe it deserves serious consideration from the community and dev team.
It is quite a surprise why no one bring up this idea of making a proposal to THE DAO (the largest cryto investment vehicle ever, with $168m at its command ) and all the focus has been on selling maidsafe in open market(stupidest) or via private sale.
Here is how the proposal to the DAO works:
- Maidsafe Foundation loans 10-20m maidsafe coins to Maidsafe Dev team (company)
- Maidsafe team to sell ie 5m or 10m maisafe coins to the DAO at a preset price, DAO will pay in ether.
- Funds raised will be utilized to develop safenetwork.
- THE DAO will make a return from owning maidsafe coin, which is expected to appreciate 5-10x over the next year after alpha launch.
- Maidsafe team to repay the Maidsafe Foundation the borrowed maidsafe coins, and those coins(overproduced) are to be burned after repayment.
Why A Proposal to the DAO Makes Sense
DAO has close to 30k token investors and they know the cryto world much better than any VC and most importantly, they are engaging.
DAO desperately needs a for-profit (with high certainty) proposal and this proposal is way better than the slock.it one and I as a DAO investor will certainly vote yes for this proposal.
Publicity, Publicity, Publicity. LISK taking a free ride on ether by rebranding a project(Crypti) with a market cap less than $500k and boost it to over $30m in less than two months. Maidsafe is a more trustworthy and valuable project than LISK and deserves better publicity (Maidsafe dev has a lot to learn from Ethereum)
Interoperability. Ethereum is considering using IPFS for its DAPP storing and I believe safenetwork is a perfect DAPP storing blockchain for ethereum network (a user case) and it will improve value of both networks.