Maidsafe stuck on Electrum Wallet with Ledger Nano

I have Maidsafe on the Electrum 2.9.0 Wallet. I couldn’t figure how to send them out from it and after reading it says the older versions may be compromised. I uploaded the 3.3.8 version Electrum and my address that I tracked down the Maidsafe on isn’t there. I used the legacy coin pathway but not sure what other one to use even after watching a video on it. I uploaded the OmniWallet but it doesn’t allow me to access it with the Ledger Nano. I have it the address added to the OmniWallet but can only view the coins. I do not want to use a program to get the private key from the ledger and have all my coins possibly compromised. Please advise if there is an alternative method. I am not tech savvy but spent a couple hours trying to figure this out. I appreciate the time and support.

Address: 14ibRs6qiJqgHQiPwF5vxhmZ28GPsCwAhk

Trx ID’s: 38d3a58993b9e488fc38cdbd6c88d03ca068f17f81607c386063ead16efe30c1

66796f1df5c0052346a19ef0eedffa080032df356d6ec1d45d4e475ee9882266
1 Like

If you can see your coins there. Then its pretty sure they are safe

The only way you can move those coins is to get the private key, unless Electrum Wallet can send omni-protocol coins.

And you will need some BTC on that address too since the omni-protocol needs some to send

2 Likes

If your MAID are in the Ledger, you won’t be able to send them. You will either have to take out the private key or wait for Ledger to start supporting the Omni protocol (which will 100% happen after the SAFE Network begins to impose its dominance on the crypto world)…

Currently, only the Trezor maintains MAID through an external program https://www.omnitrezor.com/

1 Like

Another opportunity. According to Google, you can insert the recovery phrase (your seed) from Ledger into Trezor. This would theoretically give you access to MAID. It has not been tested, but I am writing it down as a task to test it…

2 Likes

I agree with @neo and @Dimitar - you have to get your private keys somehow. If you haven’t already, I’d first do some research on electrum wallet’s to get some basic understanding - so you have an idea of what you are undertaking. Once you have private keys you can import them into a variety of other wallets as you need.

1 Like

Better to use the website Ian @mav made (I don’t have the link) and get the private key from there.

2 Likes

And this is an opportunity too. The downside is that it will expose the private keys. Recovery through a seed seems more secure to me. This will have the same keys on two hardware devices without hijacking the keys online.

You can run the tool of Ian’s offline and never expose anything online.

Only when sending the coins does the private key ever needs to be exposed if using omniwallet.org

2 Likes

You know that with a hardware wallet, even when you’re online, you don’t show your private key? The transaction is only sent to the hardware wallet for signing.

If a person has a significant amount, it is better not to risk it…

3 Likes

https://iancoleman.io/bip39/

You can put there your mnemonic words and with correct Derivation Path you should get your private key.

3 Likes

Can you confirm that I can use my ledger private key in a trezor wallet?

1 Like

If it does not work nothing wrong can happen.

1 Like

Yes I know, i just want to make sure because I will invest in a Trezor wallet :slight_smile:

1 Like

According to google, I have not tested it. In a few days, though, I’ll have time to test :dragon_face:

1 Like

Ok perfect, then I will wait an udapte from you.

1 Like

Wow. Thanks guys for all the reply’s. I really appreciate your time. I hope Omni and Ledger come with a fix in due time. I am not even sure what Derivation path my Ledger takes. I used the Legacy path when establishing the updated Electrum Wallet. I am not sure why I sent Maidsafe to Electrum in the first place as usually I do due diligence. It was 2017 and I was just starting in Crypto. I have no back ground in this so I study and learn from people such as yourself. I was going to reach out to the Electrum group but it says they only talk about Bitcoin. Will send something out today to them and see if anyone can help me locate the coins on the wallet. As I said I have the address form the old Electrum wallet version it just can’t find it on new version. I want to see if the upgrade would allow me to send them out. If I use a Trezor wouldn’t the same keys would be exposed if I put my mnemonic words in there?

1 Like

Thanks Neo. How much BTC would I need to put in there to transfer them out once I figure this out? Don’t want to waste sats. lol

2 Likes

The minimum is 8000 sats but send at least 14000 just in case…

1 Like

Thanks Dimitar for all your input!

3 Likes

I think that 8000 sat minimal fee is only for some rare cases. I am not sure why exchanges are sending MAID with 546 sat when you need much more to move your MAID.

1 Like