Maidsafe shares

Apologies if this has been asked before, however I’m new to this forum.

I’ve got some Maidsafe shares.

What do I do with them?

Will I ever recoup my initial investment?

What’s the plan for them?

Any timescales?

Many thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome!

What do I do with them?

you can hodl or trade them

Will I ever recoup my initial investment?

its not a matter of if but rather of when as the team is solid and will deliver

What’s the plan for them?

them are gonna be exchanged for SNT (safe network tokens is a placeholder mind you) and you will be able to again trade them plus use them to upload/write to the safe network

Any timescales?

its a do it right not do it in a timescale

Many thanks!

welcome!

4 Likes

actually we can’t trade them

You can actually trade them, bnktothefuture has relocated this service to a manually process (and now charge you over $1000 to do so) but you can still do it.

4 Likes

Need to be a high-net-worth investor? (more than $1million?)

1 Like

No, not afaik.
Certainly wasn’t a requirement to buy initially, so can’t see why it would be.

2 Likes

Yes, we declared ourself investors and ticked a box, I dont believe highnetworth though.

Maybe new regs, maybe try to see if your eligible, it could just be a tick box.

Of course do your DD, and read the small print first.

IME it’s always self declaration, including in highly regulated jurisdictions like the USA, so it’s really about brokers protecting themselves from people who might sue later.

I can’t say wrt bnktothefuture though. Charging $1,000 for an ownership transfer is a red flag to me.

However, there remains the option of conversion to Safe Network Tokens after launch.

5 Likes

That’s a clear cash grab imo.

1 Like

I signed up today and as far as I could see there were no shares to buy which was a disappointment :frowning:

How many snt per share we can get?

here is a screen shot as far as I can see nothing to buy

Needs to be privaely oganised , then they will facilitate the trade, for a measly $1k.

still dosent list anything for sale

You have to find a seller, then contact them to facilitate the trade.

Haven’t tried withdraw dividends yet, but I think it alone is half what I invested

Following on form my previous post relating to Maidsafe shares, what would be the approximate value of 2000 shares in Maidsafe?

Thanks again!

1 Like

what did you pay for them ? and how much would you want for them ?

2 Likes

Just a reminder to anyone not knowing

The shares bought through BF were actually in a “holding” company (cannot remember the correct name) which in turn holds the shares in Maidsafe. In other words the shares are not physical/digital shares in Maidsafe but the special company, and thus one share is not one Maidsafe share.

If someone knows, can they say how many shares were sold in the special company and if it was 5% of Maidsafe shares held by the company or a smaller amount.

1 Like