MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

Ok, he is interested. He hasn’t confirmed on the price yet, but he says your offer is around the right ball-park so if you want to sell he’ll almost certainly do the deal with you. He is already registered on BttF.

PM to finalise details and let me know the how and when of the trade.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

To be fair Bob, even when they were on bttf you wouldn’t buy them. That’s fine but nobody’s going to sell them for that price or anything close to it now after all progress that has been made.

3 Likes

Indeed. I wouldn’t even pay $10 for Eth (except to sell to a greater fool), but plenty of people are happy to pay $200+ and hodl. We all just have to make decisions about value in context. Although the tendency is always to feel that things that have gone up in price are overpriced if we turned them down when they were a lot cheaper… like me with Eth too perhaps? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Its supply and demand, i made much more with the coins i kept instead buying maidsafe
equity. Not that its hard cause everything went x10 :wink: (even if i have to pay x5 i made more)

But i would not pay that amount at this time and i doubt many will, cause simply its not a liquid trade
its locked and it can take ages before you see any ROI. Before that time i can make 10 swings on maid.

If the shares would be based on tokens and tradeable i would be willing to buy some (maybe).

1 Like

@cl0ck3d and @Jabba I might be interested in buying some shares, but I don’t really know how I would go about that. I created a profile on https://bnktothefuture.com, but I haven’t studied it yet.

You’d have to find someone willing to sell OTC first. BttF would then broker the deal and do the paperwork for a 5% fee. You’ll have to do some KYC on there too in advance I’d imagine.

I’m not selling any. Just my brother-in-law wanting to buy - if @cl0ck3d accepts his offer ofc. All he’s said so far is that he is interested @ £100, so I guess he’s making a £5k offer ($6,520).

3 Likes

400px-Hedon

6 Likes

I have another set of 48 shares I’d like to sell.

Previously I have an offer pending at £5k. I’ve had folks PM me offering to buy some shares independent of a 48 share bundle I might be willing to consider this if the price is right.

I’m willing to consider offers above £5k. As of now I’ve got offers well above this, but I’m not sure how serious as of yet. Please feel free to post your offer here or PM me. Either way at the point of sale I will make all accepted offers public to prevent low-balling of others who also might want to buy/sell their shares.

My usual complimentary selfie:

regret-nothing-hedonismbot-1

1 Like

I still have a bundle of 48 shares for sale. PM me or post your offers. :slight_smile:

I will most likely sell more shares after ALPHA is released as well.

So shareholders will have the option to sell back their shares to Maidsafe at a rate of 105 Safecoins per share once the network/Safecoin has been launched…

2 Likes

Yes, I think it’s 105, Nick has the exact figures, but yes the foundation will buy back MaidSafe shares for safecoin. It’s not mandatory for shareholders to sell their shares, but it’s a nice option in addition they have as shareholders in a private company where selling shares is not always simple.

So the foundation basically then will take ownership of close to 100% of Maidsafe as we go along. I see it as a win win all round.

7 Likes

Is there a time limit to take advantage of this option or will it always hold true as long as you own shares?

It will always hold true as long as you own shares.

4 Likes

I am not sure what you mean here. Safecoin could drop to zero or go insanely high, but shares are unlikely to drop unless we screw up royally (there is a ton of tech) or they also go insanely high. I don’t think there is a direct correlation.

It’s been surprising to me on occasion that offering something in addition to the shares at zero cost to shareholders can be seen as a bad thing. It is an option and possibly a great option, but an option. It’s an additional benefit other companies do not provide, I don’t see how it can be bad.

I had the exact same thing when I donated shares to the foundation and the staff scheme, I thought it was great to incentivise staff and weaken my (too powerful) position as a shareholder who had full control (over 75%). Many said, oh that’s a shame, we lose something, but all I could see was gains all round. A single guy could go mental or make terrible decisions, but shared responsibility I figured was a better more democratic way forward.

It’s always a learning experience though, but I always choose to give and reap rewards in more nuanced ways than holding power and cash. However this giving is not easy :wink: it’s seen as weakening shareholders, when I am convinced it strengthens them.

I could be wrong, but I remain convinced I could beat that camel trough the eye of a needle and still be content and happy :smiley:

14 Likes

Yes that’s correct: The number of safecoin set aside for shareholders (5%) = 2 ^ 32 = 4294967296 * 0.05 = 214,748,365. Number of shares in MaidSafe.net issued = 2,028,316. Therefore each shareholder will receive 105 safecoins per share.

When safecoin is launched and we are in a position to do this, we would run the process in conjunction with BnkToTheFuture as participants in that round hold shares in the SPV as opposed to MaidSafe direct. That is really just a administrative thing though.

As David mentioned, it’s hard to see this additional option as a negative.

15 Likes

So at the current price of MaidSafeCoin thats a virtual gain of roughly a bit more than 100%, if my calculation is correct :moneybag: :grinning:
EDIT: in Euro’s, in British Pounds more, in Bitcoin a loss of course.

3 Likes

This was known at the time of the BTTF investment, so any investor had the choice whether to invest by buying MaidSafecoin or buying into MaidSafe Limited.

Everyone chose to buy shares, or not, for their own reasons. If you didn’t do that calculation at the time, you may feel disappointed with yourself for not realising what your choices were, and what you expected to happen.

But as David points out, nobody knows the future relative values. This option only means investors have a better deal than if they had just bought shares and not been given this option.

2 Likes

BttF are likely to open their secondary market before the end of the year (although they have still not started publicising it yet, so it isn’t guaranteed). If they do manage to get it up-and-running then all those BttF shares could become tradeable. I would be quite surprised if many holders part with any BttF shares at much less than the BTC value they were purchased at.

It is possible that long before you get an option to trade in your shares for SAFEcoin we might all get the option to buy or sell more shares at a liquid, open-market price. Besides, SAFEcoin could also easily be worth $10 a pop or more post-launch anyway. I doubt anyone would be complaining about numbers like $1k per share as a buy-back option if they were offered it.

Equity is also an illiquid and very long term bet, unlike most cryptos. You usually have to wait for a buy-out or IPO several years down the line. Having any extra option to make shares more liquid is useful for investors. It’s never a bad thing to have more options.

10 Likes

Trading shares for BTC would be great for money transfer worldwide