MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

Probably a dumb question but does Maidsafe pay the taxman a portion of this, I assume it’s income?. If so what’s the bracket?

Equity investments don’t require any tax to be paid by the company on money received - it doesn’t count as income toward profit so the tax man shouldn’t get any of this money directly.

2 Likes

link? Any chance you could attach some dates to that? Thanks

It’s been shared and outlined and repeated on the forum many times since the alpha launch. I’ll try to look some up

Alpha launched August 12 2016

Everything else can then be found out by using math

2 Likes

Ok Thanks. No worries if you cannot find it. I assumed there was some official roadmap you were quoting from.

1 Like

I think it was also outlined in the MaidSafe.net blog post on the alpha launch

And if you’re searching for mentions of it on the forums, use terms like “beta” and “alpha 2” that’s what I’m trying

Do we not have an official roadmap ?

I don’t really think so, mostly just forum discussions as the project naturally evolves into it’s different forms. I’ll try to search

No its ok. Thanks for offering. Im kinda surprised. But I understand.

Found this roadmap (shows the deliverables coming, not the testing stages)

1 Like

Great job… thanks…

1 Like

And there is also a Development roadmap.

https://maidsafe.net/roadmap_dev.html

3 Likes

Great stuff… Maybe a forum sticky that provides newcomers kwik-n-ez-access to the storyboard.

1 Like

Great find! I knew I saw something like this on their website at some point

@frabrunelle there’s a small typo in the middle of the final paragraph on that page:

“will start to develop some of features below”

Missing a “the”

Every little bit helps :slight_smile:

Actually I didn’t see it. Could you provide me with a link?

EDIT: Just saw the follow up posts. I first thought it was just due to my ignorance but as far as I understand there is no roadmap with scheduled deliverables communicated in the context of the BTTF fundraiser, so for me the situation is kind of the same. I am probably one out of few, but if the roadmap needs to be looked up and calculated by users that´s not the priority I need to make a larger investment. Simply too risky for me and better for people with more money to play with.

EDIT2: The roadmap you linked shows the steps to Alpha which we are currently already in, or am I getting anything wrong here?

@nicklambert : congrats for reaching min funding goal!
is it possible that we receive an update on the expected growing rate now that you will be able to hire new developers?

1 Million pounds looks nice, but at 100k pounds per month that will only last about 10 months. Are you expecting the team to be self sustaining until we reach that point?
Of course the discussion is different if you can make it to 2 Million pounds by the end of the pitch…

3 Likes

If they have made good progress in those 10 months, they could sell the remaining equity at that point. Maybe they would even get more for it if things are looking even more healthy then.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Difficult to answer until we know exactly how much this round will raise, still around 30% time remaining. If we were able to meet our full target we had been planning to double the size of the team during 2017 (we are 17 today) although not all of these will be developers. Our current run rate is around £75k p/m, but of course this will increase as we increase the size of the team. I hope this info helps.

7 Likes

Does the need to dbl the team mean that more work remains than has been completed.

2 Likes

No not at all, there will always be much more work, apps to create, additions (like compute) and so on. Doubling the team still leaves us a very small company in comparison to what we “compete” with. The clever part is doubling the team but more than doubling the capability (hire right). In terms of delivery of SAFE as a storage/comms platform alone we can do with a lot more eyes on the code, testing, CI setup, automated payments to 3rd parties. Then channel management and marketing, more joint ventures globally set up and managed faster etc.

So all combined we need to grow at a pace we can manage, but also quickly as feasible considering cash on hand, income and potential funding.

12 Likes