MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

Gone done bit the bullet, paid the 1K, took some convincing for the Wife, I’m not even sure if it is the right investment to make but I have a lot of faith in this project and really believe in the management. Perhaps one day I will have some return for all the hours I have spent reading this forum :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Good job i know how hard it can be to convince the wife.

Im still waiting for maidsafe price to pick up before investing i wont invest if maidsafe is below lets say 18k.

I’m a bit undecided on this. I definitely think crises happen both on an individual level and at the society levels and that they are good and necessary, because they stop destructive and unsustainable behaviour. I also think that they way banks have been piling up debt through fractional reserve banking falls very much under that category. However, I got involved in crypto projects because I think they are better, safer, more egalitarian than the current system. Perhaps the current system has to die for SAFE and bitcoin to become mainstream. If so, I’d still like to see that happen gradually and with as little pain/destruction as possible, which is probably naive. That said, bitcoin is by far the largest crypto currency and it has a very nascent capacity-constrained infrastructure. So I just don’t see how it’s currently possible for all that capital to leave the fiat system and move into the crypto space just yet, especially in the context of another financial crisis. One or two lifeboats are going to leave a lot of people with nothing but an icy grave if the Titanic goes down any time soon.

2 Likes

Keep watching its scooting past 15K right now. EDIT: and stopped.

Great news though the massive injection into the investment of MAIDSAFE.

2 Likes

Can anyone adequately describe, hopefully with an example, in layman terms what a 0.00313% equity in Maidsafe might mean? I need to convince my own wife.

2 Likes

Apologies for being pedantic, just want to make sure you are aware that investors in this round are indirectly investing in MaidSafe. So you are investing in the SPV (a new company that is formed specifically for this investment) which in turn invests in MaidSafe. So you are a shareholder in the SPV, which if fully subscribed owns a 6.25% shareholding in MaidSafe. I hope that makes things clearer.

5 Likes

This mean basicly that you own 0.00313% of the maidsafe company. Easy terms

It means you own 0.00313% of the company Maidsafe. So you become a direct* shareholder in the company. If they ever get listed on a stockexchange somewhere you might sell your share as stocks. If they won’t get listed you might find other private investors that want to take over your investment. BanktotheFuture supports these changes of ownership for a fee.

*You invest in SPV > SVP invests in Maidsafe the company.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of convincing of wives going on here! Surely ‘I’m taking a small punt that could secure our childrens’ futures’ is enough :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Bacobob and @polpolrene please see my post above ^^^^. The BF round is for shares in the SPV and is an indirect investment in MaidSafe.

2 Likes

Based on a £1k investment you would own 0.05% of the 6.25% (1,000/2,000,000 * 100)

2 Likes

I think your wrong on this the equity you see on bnktothefuture is based on the 6,25%

The 1000 pound gives you 0.0031% in total equity not 0.0031% of the spv.

But he wanted layman terms this only makes it confussing.

Easy terms 1000 pounds give you 0.00313% of the company (but its located in a subcompany that owns 6,25% total)

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right. Gonna edit it quickly haha :smiley: Sorry for the confusion.

In case at the end of the sale, 1,000,000 was raised with the SPV. Does this means the SPV still owns the full 6.25% or half of it? ie 3.1425%?

I’ll be taking full credit for this with my 8 reasons post!! XP jk

Long live MAIDSAFE

9 Likes

It would be 3.14% as investors are buying a number of shares as opposed to a percentage of the company.

4 Likes

Uhh, I’m relieved, I was really concerned about not getting my usb stick :smile:

4 Likes

I just bought them using bitcoin. I didn’t want to have any fewer maidsafecoin, so it seemed like the best compromise!

2 Likes

Wish i had that option but i think I am on the edge what my wife thinks is acceptable :wink:

1 Like

Here is my very crude approach that may work with the wife. Microsoft’s 2010 net income for the year was ~$23,000,000,000 x 0.0000313 = $719,900 a year to you?

3 Likes