MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

Good advice, i have just set up my account and received an email notification that it can take up to 5 working days for the support team to review it.

2 Likes

Great article, loved the job on the intro.

4 Likes

I uploaded ID a week ago and I’m still waiting for it to be confirmed…

@Runswick Make sure you have a profile pic too. ID and then a proof of residence. It can take over 5 days you should be good

Will the fundraise be open to US investors? The recent Factom raise wasn’t available to investors from the US fsr.

I asked Simon recently and this will be open to US investors.

2 Likes

Without current passport I am unable to provide ID. Those outside US, UK, Europe, Canada have to upload current passport ID

Oh well.

Oh that sucks… :frowning:

Wonder why we singled out Australia? [innocent face]

1 Like

Bank WB21 takes about 40 seconds to verify ID and address. If they can do it why are others so slow.? Do these people not talk to each other? Another thing, I had an account on Spectrocoin for over 1 year and went to verify ID and addie so as to transfer fiat. No problems with verification of documents but they refused to complete verification because I had a “dodgy” IP address. I explained that in 21st Century we have access to VPN and that I could resubmit from Brazil, Hong Kong or UK if they wished. Blank wall refusal and no offer to attempt alternative or additional verification method. Yes, we know you are who you say you are and you are already a customer but because your IP at the time of asking for verification was Indonesian, we will not verify. So, to any of you who wish to get verification with a British outfit, be sure to use a UK IP address or face the consequences of dealing with some procedure constipated, unimaginative dolt who doesn’t yet realise he is about to be replaced by a bot.

It’s payback for the years on Neighbours, Home and Away and other dodgy soaps!

7 Likes

What can I say, we have nothing else to export, even if its garbage. While on holidays I was floored & shocked to find out that they are still making this garbage, just didn’t know there was so much garbage that could be created.

Oh well, I hold my head in shame with the other 90% of Australians who have never watch it. “Fast Forward” & “Full Frontal” comedy shows did some classic skits mocking the shows.

BTW even Australian passport people accept an expired passport for ID

6 Likes

What’s this about needing to provide an ID?

I see a function to enhance my identity or something, but from the exploring I’ve done, it doesn’t actually seem necessary to provide the ID to invest. Perhaps it’ll ask once I actually go through the process.

I found out about submitting ID by luck really. I was looking around and then I stumbled across the section which asks for it. Here are instructions:

1. Log in
  2. Go to ‘Account’ tab
  3. Select ‘Private Details’ over on the left
  4. Scroll down to ‘Verify Identity’ section, where you can upload required ID.

This is what is stated in this section:

Verifying your ID will allow you to invest in companies, post on this site without moderation (Except for pitch forums) and increase your social capital score so members trust you more.

If you make an investment, as part of our anti money laundering process, it’s legally required that you upload one photo ID (See the specific photo ID requirements for your country of residence) and one proof of address (Such as a utility bill, tax registration form, bank statement or drivers license).

After each upload, you will receive an email to notify you that we have received your identity successfully and that it is being verified by a BnkToTheFuture team member.

I’m about to submit a ticket because I uploaded my ID at the end of August and it’s still not confirmed…

@sfultong - I wouldn’t wait until you go through the process, I think it could be problematic.

Good luck everyone! I hope it lasts longer than the crowdsale did, so that everyone who’s really interested can get involved.

The investment page seems to be active on BnkToTheFuture now:

Page

https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/maidsafe-net-ltd

Pitch

19 Likes

Nice job @dirvine :smile: was a smooth pitch!

6 Likes

Ach cheers but it was very unnatural for me, I really prefer a “from the hip” approach myself :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congratulations to @dirvine and the Maidsafe Team. First money seems to be in…

12 Likes

Hmm… Was Sept 12 not opening day?

Thats not good. Can you deactivate the link?