MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

yeah I thought 6.25% seemed like a low amount for raising 2.5 million dollars, does anyone else feel the same? Especially now, when our audience and followings are still quite small

I just bought a share for my moms,

Much support for David, Nick and the A-team! They are the DNA of the SAFE Network. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Well, you know, it depends how a company is valued. If they want ā‚¬2.3M for 6.25% of the shares, it means the company is valued around ā‚¬37M. Well, to the seller that is. The buyer however might see reasons to value the company (much) lower, hence seeing no reasons to buy stocks at an inflated price. Inflated to the buyer that is.

I cannot really judge what is a fair current value for MaidSafe, I can calculate some figures here and there but the final judgement is up to the investors. And they are obviously not jumping in en masse, which makes me think that they value the company and itā€™s future revenue model lower than what is presented to them. I think no Safecoin bonus scheme with some bitcoin cloud mining is going to change that.

Thatā€™s why I suggested to go to the root of the valuation and offer a higher % of the company.

4 Likes

ThatĀ“s the key point here; investors talk with their doings and they say: I donĀ“t put a penny at this prices.
Maybe thatĀ“s the reason no partnership has been reached so far: no sufficiently favorable conditions for us that we are taking the risk, only for you.

1 Like

People give too much credit to the money :wink:

Money is not clever or insightful and it doesnā€™t reveal some cunning truth behind its movement.

As I mentioned previously, the most profitable pitch that has ever been on BttF failed to hit its minimum.

The valuation of maidsafe is crazily low. Considering the potential I think the company is massively undervalued.

Iā€™m afraid people are looking for maths and logic where there lies only stupid sheeples with their emotions and instincts.

Not really imo, they simply say, ā€œthis doesnā€™t look exciting and if everyone else isnā€™t rushing to get in on it then it is probably not interesting.ā€

Always back to poker I know, but itā€™s very much like when you play a big buy in tournament. Everyone starts assuming people are making good and well thought out, calculated plays because the buy in was $10k. Trust me, it isnā€™t true most of the time. Itā€™s usually the same idiots making the same desperate and ill-conceived stabs, they just have bigger bank balances.

3 Likes

I can imagine itā€™s a delicate process; MaidSafe giving up some independence which will no doubt feel awkward, and potential shareholders having to judge a fair current value of a company that has a track record of existing 10 years and having only delivered an Alpha release with two handful of testnets without Safecoin. Their core product is a non-blockchain project and where is all the hype currently? Exactly, blockchain! So the true believers are in, but the relative outsiders need a great pitch. Because contrary to common believe maybe, people with money are not stupid.

What is really missing on the bnktothefuture platform right now, is the possibility for investors to communicate with each other. Once you follow each other, you should be able to communicate with each other IMHO. If you canā€™t, we just life in our own bubble clueless of information, that could help us decide in what to invest.

A week ago, within a hour, just by talking to somebody about the SAFE Network, I was able to turn him from: ĀØIā€™m totally clueless about the SAFE Network" to ā€œWT#@# Iā€™m gonna invest in Maidsafecoins and Iā€™m totally hooked nowā€.

How I did it? I explained him how apps work right now. Right now you pay monthly/yearly for a domain and cloudservice to keep your apps running. On the SAFE Network you pay a one time fee and you can run your app basically FOREVER. App devs rule the world, app platforms rule the universe. The SAFE Network enable app devs to rule the universe, just by having SAFEcoins. Ooh yeah I also mention that he can register any domain name and sell later, when he heard that and I gave him the list of most expensive domain namesā€¦

@nicklambert maybe you could give Simon Dixon the tip (to let investors communicate with each other). Synereo is describing Maidsafe, in their pitch and getting all the money. :disappointed:

A messaging function on bnktothefuture is too late now, but maybe he can mail (I know he can mail, I received mails from him) the Synereo investors and ask why they donā€™t also invest in Maidsafe? Because itā€™s similar to Synereo, but is close to delivering (or whatever wise words one would say). :stuck_out_tongue:

This would also help

Investors only want to see this

3 Likes

No, I donā€™t think so. In a poker tournament the vibe is very different. Players have to make faster decisions under a different type of pressure compared to just looking at your screen for 30 days, trying to make a risk - profit calculation.

Clearly your opinion here.

Considering the potencial of something is a subjetive thing, considering only the facts the pitch says it is overvaluated.

Maybe you are undervaluating people here.

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more! In terms of investor participation, the crowdfunding was a resounding success and a couple of years later when there is some tangible evidence that SAFE will work as promised we get a tepid response? That say everything about the herd mentality of ā€œinvestorsā€ and nothing about the value of this company.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking the same, thatā€™s why I invested next to my MAID position. A number of investors from outside probably think Maidsafe is taking too long being around for 10 years. But the R&R was really needed. This is quite a different model that could change the world. Google became popular in the late 90ā€™s as they had their timing spot on. I think the time is exactly right for SAFE now. We were in testnets with over 3000 nodes and all worked out well. We had fast, fully encrypted connections that even punched through the firewall of China. This is huge! Next steps with Safecoin, messaging, mail and all the other apps will surprise a lot of people. And as SAFE scales without any ā€œblockchain debateā€ we have the road open with this technology.

8 Likes

Looking from investorĀ“s perspective it could see it as follows: a couple of years after a crowfunding there is ā€œonly someā€ tangible evidence that SAFE will work as promised; I gonna give a tepid response or even no response to this pitch, I donĀ“t see it clear.

It could or it could not. That means that can fail and the risk is high. Where is the according benefit to this risk?

This ā€œcanā€ be huge!

Ok, I will stay tune, meanwhileā€¦others can take the risk for me. Too much potencial, to much uncertainā€¦ wish you all the best (investor perspective mode off)

3 Likes

True, the risk is high, but the company is being valued at ā‚¬37M, so the benefit associated with this risk if the company only minimally delivers on its business plan will be huge. Downside:100%. Upside: unknown, but IMO at least 10X if SAFE is even modestly successful.

Yahoo just admitted that 400 million of its users accounts were hacked a couple of years ago and Yahoo is a tech company thatā€™s supposed to know things about data security! I think itā€™s SAFE to say that there is potential demand out there.

For me, investing in the equity is like buying an option with no time decay because there is no expiry date.

4 Likes

Iā€™m planning to invest, but to me the predicament is the choice between MaidSafe equity & MaidSafeCoin (which I need to sell to buy equity, as I have very little money).

If all goes well, and MaidSafe eventually sold out for Ā£1bn, Iā€™d get around a 33x return on investment, which is awesome.

However, in that situation, the Safe network has probably been successful & Iā€™d likely have made 100x+ on MaidSafeCoin (if SafeCoin reaches Bitcoinā€™s market cap, itā€™ll be a 250x return on todayā€™s price).

Basically, the ratio of the current valuation of MaidSafe to the current valuation of MaidSafeCoin makes me think Iā€™ll be better off holding onto my coins.

I canā€™t imagine MaidSafe being worth more than the market cap of SafeCoin in the event of a successful network, but the ratio of MaidSafe valuation to MaidSafeCoin is close to 1:1 at the moment.

However, most investors donā€™t hold MaidSafeCoin, and a possible return of 30x+ should be very attractive. I think the valuation is fair, so Iā€™m not sure why more people havenā€™t bought in yet.

5 Likes

Ok, where is the people thinking like you? I donĀ“t see them.

I think is safer to say that potential and facts are two different things. First belongs to unknown world, second belongs to known world. If we move into unknown world exclusively we can project whatever scenario. The fact is that is not ā€œrealā€.

Good thoughts. Difficult to know whatā€™s going on behind the scenes, and although I donā€™t feel the the success of the SAFE network is predicated on a successful equity raise, it certainly canā€™t hurt! So as others have said, investing in the equity if you already have MaidSafeCoin will strengthen the value of the coins.

Iā€™m not looking at this in the purely economic terms of ROI (though I totally understand that people should be). Just seems like the best way of helping/thanking the people whose hard work I stand to benefit from.

5 Likes

Seems to me like there are 1 or 2 right here on the forum :wink: and itā€™s actually because there are very few people thinking like me that I believe there is a lot of upside. A lot of people thinking like me makes me scared.[quote=ā€œChuki, post:381, topic:11039ā€]
I think is safer to say that potential and facts are two different things.
[/quote]

If it could be proven without doubt that and end-to-end encrypted, fully-autonomous P2P network works then the value of that network would be several orders of magnitude higher than ā‚¬37M. Youā€™re not going to get a high return with a investment that has already proved itself.

4 Likes

It seems to me there are a few more of the current 83 btf pitch :grin:[quote=ā€œMerkleTree, post:383, topic:11039ā€]
If it could be proven without doubt that and end-to-end encrypted, fully-autonomous P2P network works then the value of that network would be several orders of magnitude higher than ā‚¬37M.
[/quote]

If worksā€¦ absolutely agree

cristal clear after this pitch. :sweat_smile: Here you have your pendrive and thank you for the fish.

1 Like

I think the time for distributed technologies has come of age. The block chain was timed perfectly with the financial crisis and many perceived the cause of it to be centralised power.

While block chains have stolen the current limelight, safe net is a huge leap forward beyond what block chains can offer. Moreover, we are starting to see the evidence that is all feasible in the alpha and test nets.

I wonder how long safe net and maidsafe will continue to be overlooked by so many. At some point, something will spark and ignite the markets and imaginations of those interested in decentralised money and data storage in general. At that point, it could go ballistic and the timing and amplitude will likely surprise many.

17 Likes

People do make very fast decisions when investing. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying. You should have seen how quickly some of those other pitches filled millions like synero did. That didnā€™t happen because they made more economic sense than maidsafe and investors carefully picked the pitches apart to reveal the best options. This is what Iā€™m saying, people give way too much credit to the bigger investors. They have not put in their 5 and 6 figure bets yet because they just follow the crowd and most will do much less due diligence and put less thought into their decisions than some of the small fry will. The assumptions and reality are just like pokerā€¦ some big players are more careful, shrewd and sensible, but actually most are not. Most are just led by their intuition/gut and fool themselves into thinking they have looked properly into the fundamentals,

This is exactly the point I am makingā€¦ you are one of the majority of people who defer your judgement to what the crowd are doing. You think the pitch value is demonstrated by peopleā€™s interest in it and investment. You are not alone in feeling like that. Most people do. Although it has nothing whatsoever to do with the reality.

If everyone sees the value then there is rarely any opportunity. Thatā€™s why the most profitable pitch on BttF yet also failedā€¦ no one cared about eth and itā€™s $70M market cap in 2015, no one invested in mining it so it failed. Then when it wasnā€™t profitable any more but everyone agreed it was good, they all chucked their money in to a terrible but popular investment with very high risk and very low returns.

Not sure I agree with this. I think one could demonstrate how undervalued it is in a few different ways. Not sure itā€™s worth walking down that road though. Each to their own. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like