MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

Ok yeah that’s how I remember it to *whew!

Back to what makes sense. Whoever is actively improving the code at any given moment is exactly who should be getting rewarded

1 Like

I’m sure that’s just a watered down version for the masses. I think that because 1) it’s a bad, centralizing idea that I would be very surprised to see MaidSafe make and 2) because their other BNK videos were aimed at new people / the masses, so I think it’s just a simplified version that doesn’t explain the real long term rules of the 5%

1 Like

Awesome, got my answer. I knew they wouldn’t make a decision like that. Centralized control? Not with MaidSafe!

Looks like we just had the 5% here and 5% there mixed up

No thats not my point here. You have announced you are negotiating something big - with a big player –but its not guaranteed- is not keeping it under wraps. If it was guaranteed to happen - subject to those negotiations - that would be a completely different story.

Totally agree the community should know BF is not the only game in town and that you are looking at all strategic opportunities.

1 Like

I guess we see it differently. From my perspective I have discretely mentioned this in a thread, providing no details (no suggestion of a big player), to help alleviate concerns voiced by concerned community members in earlier posts. So I don’t see this as an announcement. We could move to a place where we say absolutely nothing about anything until it becomes official, but I think that we make this forum a less rich place.

12 Likes

Holy jeez this is the first time hearing / thinking about this. So on SAFE you can create a much better “Bitcoin” ? (open ledger publicly viewable currency?)

That’s pretty amazing :slight_smile: just saying.

These are the kinds of things that could improve this / future SAFE pitches.

Go invest :smiley:

3 Likes

I appreciate some little hints here and there. I dont think this is a problem really. Also, I’m pretty sure they’ love to be As open As possible, and it’s hard for them to keep quiet . It’s great to surprise ppl :slight_smile:

@whiteoutmashups I have noticed that lately you are easily inflamed by information that you have misunderstood. It seems your confidence in the project is waning or your confidence in general is easily waned. I hope that your relationship with Daniel isn’t to blame, he seems a bit more level headed more recently but his reasons for abandoning this network and original investors is mostly unfounded and is mostly based off time sensitivity (impatience) I believe. I’d hate to see the safe fs system endure the same abandonment issues that safe x has. Sorry if I am assuming too much I just see you as a valuable member of the community and want you to keep your bearings less hasty.

This is genius. Great idea for the extra MAID

Sir I’m allowed to read and interpret,

The main thing that got me worried was that the idea was coming from @polpolrene himself.

That’s it. Read super deep into it if you wish though. I’ve always spoken freely, truthfully and uncensored, if you’ve followed by posts since the beginning. And I enjoy that.

Probably why I’ve never become a mod in all my years here :stuck_out_tongue: I enjoy the ability to speak 100% freely, even if human mistakes are made. I feel life is more efficient that way.

2 Likes

Trust me @nicklambert , our investments in Maidsafe may not be equal, but our enthusiasm to see it succeed are matched.

This is no small tidbit of information. This appears to be designed to bring more confidence than it should to the status quo.

This is what makes it not cool to reveal.

To suggest to the community that you are actively discussing investments - like you have in the past - is perfectly acceptable and absolutely necessary.

What happens if the deal is not done? Will you proactively announce it failed and give details as to why it failed?

IMO to garner trust you cannot give false hope. Making a firm announcement that Google Ventures is taking a position with Maidsafe after long negotiations is what we all want to hear. A done deal!

If your negotiations are not successful it will be clear the next time you mention a big deal that it means nothing.

3 Likes

No, it was not designed to do anything other than convey that there are other options on the table. [quote=“BIGbtc, post:336, topic:11039”]
What happens if the deal is not done? Will you proactively announce it failed and give details as to why it failed?
[/quote]

We have done in the past and have discussed unsuccessful attempts to secure EU funding in this very forum, although I don’t think we would share details of why deals have not come to fruition, who would even want to start a negotiation with us then.

6 Likes

I said “appears”. It’s all about optics here Nick and I think you know what Im talking about.

Good luck.

1 Like

Ummm, I don’t want to hear that :stuck_out_tongue: scary

GV operates independent of Google. It’s an investment house.

1 Like

Interesting perspective. A few of the reddit subs have linked in to it…

https://np.reddit.com/r/icocrypto/comments/544c69/bnktothefuture_investment_platform/

2 Likes

@whiteoutmashups I am not trying to stifle you, I totally appreciate your veiwpoint as well. Apologies.

2 Likes

Bnk is seeming wonky to me maidsafe was at $299,507 earlier now it’s at $297,104. :unamused:

1 Like

I noticed that too. Thought I was just nuts.

2 Likes

Is it pegged to UK$ … fluctuations?

1 Like