MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

It all depends, we have a lot going on as you will see, funds help grow bigger faster, this is nearly always the case. There is not real graph as such. Imagine we get $10mm in sales next year or $100mm or none it all depends on many things, including luck.

£1mm gives us comfort we can take some quicker decisions, £2mm makes this more comfortable still (more devs, more outreach people etc.). It’s a huge mixed bag really, we continually analyse what we have and make decisions on this. £1mm is a huge boost to the development of the company, but not the only game in town really, but a nice easy one with more supporters without losing control of our strategy etc.

So there is no straight answer to this, it will probably not be the last funding we take in, it’s too hard to say, but we will see in a few months when we have the network and everyone using it how quickly we can scale and if we need more funds to scale faster etc.

I hope that helps.

14 Likes

That’s a fine answer, thank you.

3 Likes

We went from 138 investors to 151 in the last 24H.

10 Likes

Can MaidSafe see when we invested (and thus how much SafeCoin we’ll receive) when we’ve opted to stay anonymous?

Also, Bnk never asked me for a photo ID. Is this necessary at all if the minimum is met?

$59k shy of the minimum :sunglasses:

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Questions about Update and segmentation of the network

We just get an email with a username and amount, very little else. I take it BF will provide you with some kind of confirmation and a time/date stamp?

1 Like

hopefully not just the email as mine is already deleted.

That might not be so wise. I’d provide some Email, just in case? I would be concerned that something went wrong.

The MaidSafe USB stick crowdfunding has almost met its minimum goal!! :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Yes, the 600k investment really made a difference in speeding things up and encouraging investors.

5 Likes

We’re getting damn close to the minimum now…:sunglasses:

Raised so far €1,146,200 / €2,322,799 (49%)

6 Likes

Jeez this final percent is being so stubborn… Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Is there anyone out there who’d like to be the one to push it over the minimum? It’s now only £3688 away!

1 Like

haha, I can help to go over it

2 Likes

Surely it is up to BTTF to confirm all that info to the maidsafe team. They are the ones organising it after all.

edit

BTTF have my address to send the stick to and my real name and a record of when i invested… my forum name is surely irrelevant to that process.

1 Like

Only £1688 away from the minimum…

4 Likes

Just invested £1000 of Bitcoin. Hopefully the next person can push us over the line.

13 Likes

From the bttf forum:

Simon Dixon

Next investor takes Maidsafe through the minimum funding goal. Big congrats. Which investor wants to do the honors?

4 Likes

Congratulations MaidSafe and all investors - you made it :smiley:

I hope this helps MaidSafe able to move forward towards a fully working network without having to worry about resources for a wee while!

18 Likes