MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

Isn’t it ironic? The question was asking about the options if the fundraiser is unsuccessful. The answer contains ideas which should make people more motivated to invest in the fundraiser!

1 Like

Just lower the barrier of entry already. Not everyone has a spare £1000 lying about the house. Personally speaking, I’ve got other mouths to feed, commitments to fulfill, and a wife to justify it all to. Trinkets and gimmicks are all very well but if the entry point is too high less people can invest who would invest.

1 Like

£340k saying there’s money out here in the crowd for you. I think even after a failed attempt this time (if this one doesn’t hit the mark), you could still run another and get close to that £1M target or beyond for sure. Especially if you have a couple more months to release stuff and get people excited between now and then.

I hope you do keep the crowdfunding option in mind… if only for the selfish reason that I do very much want to hold a little chunk of maidsafe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s just timing and the little details, I don’t think your strategy was off here at all, BttF was a good plan imo, just a few tiny tweaks would have made the world of difference.

I hope some bright spark with deep pockets grows a pair and looks deep enough to see how lucky they would be to get in big here. Two weeks is still time, plus you can extend the pitch… loyyal just extended theirs by 2 weeks - just a thought if you get close?!

6 Likes

Aaand… We’re up another percent! :slight_smile:

Raised so far €394,114 / €2,314,467 (17%)

My most recent bet is that some VC people are waiting till the last day, and save the day (and the pitch). They are not looking to maximize their share, but they want to protect their previous investments in MaidSafe/MaidSafeCoin.

9 Likes

The £1k minimum is not our policy, if it was up to us this would be significantly lower. This is something that BF impose and is unfortunately non negotiable. I agree this is too high for many.

5 Likes

My most recent bet is that some VC people are waiting till the last day, and save the day (and the pitch). They are not looking to maximize their share, but they want to protect their previous investments in MaidSafe/MaidSafeCoin.

I think best thing for the Investment round is a nice run up in maidsafe price, i think not many will exchange their maidsafe to equity with this rate.

I hope the next tutorial will be huge and will increase the price till at least 18k then i will invest for sure.

3 Likes

Kim Dotcom and Megaupload 2.0 might use Maidsafe for storage…

12 Likes

“We aim to utilize Blockchain based storage services as Storj, Maidsafe and others for file storage…”

Right. Mr Dotcom heard about it, and thought it would be cool to mention it. It’s called Safe Network and it’s non-blockchain, Mr Dotcom.

3 Likes

Can someone resend the link please ? lost it

The link to what? The Bank to the Future pitch?

It’s here: MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising - #35 by Melvin

1 Like

i mean the kim.dot com one i would like to read it. polpolrene shared it.

They need to get their platform together, those pitches keep escaping them before they start :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome endorsement. But am I the only one reading from that that maybe Mr. Dotcom thinks Maidsafe is blockchain based?

2 Likes

Looks like it. hehe, but no anyway its a good start to get some data flowing

1 Like

They post them in other pitches to give “returning customers” a chance to invest early. To be honest I don’t really like this method, since it doesn’t give everyone an equal chance to invest. I think announcing a week in advance and opening to everybody at the same time seems fair. Of course there’s time zones, etc but most people can make sure they are behind their PC / smartphone at the given time.

Either way I’m glad they don’t totally restrict it at least, so once the link is out it can be shared among friends, etc.

1 Like

Better not pay too much attention to it i guess :wink:

Sorry I should have pointed out my rant and plea was directed at BF. It’s just frustrating sitting on the sidelines wanting to invest but simply can’t affford the current minimum. :frowning:

3 Likes

It follows the typical CV/ funding community unwritten rules. The org that arranges the financing gives their biggest clients and friends the inside track on IPO’s, private deals, etc. The little guys always get the crumbs and that will never change. Nothing is unfair in the world of high finance. Greed is what fuels Wall St.and greed is fueling BNK and all these hyper deals.

Its pretty clear that BNK plays loose with the rules and that is telling. They do because they can. They can because no one can tell them they cant.

I think they offer a necessary service and are doing a great job.

2 Likes

Quite a valuation, £77million before development starts.

4 Likes