MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

This leads me to highlight something to anyone who’s already invested. If you’d like to invest more, you do not have to meet the minimum amount again. If you’ve already invested you can simply top it up if you wish, even with a tiny amount. I was quite impressed when I discovered this fact!

Because of the "top-up"feature which I just mentioned, you could sell off little bits of MSC if you want to and buy more MaidSafe. :grinning:

It’s pretty handy that people can invest the minimum with the knowledge that there’s the flexibility to add a bit more as and when.

7 Likes

There should not have to be an explanation of anything. That is a sign of a poorly constructed presentation. Be it the copy or the video. When confusion reigns its no consolation that the after-the-fact explanations were good.

Yes sir, in an organized and well thought manner.

Yes, but the problem is that this friggin alpha caught me off guard so if I sold coins now, I’d lose money. See, it’s the alphas fault, not mine :sunglasses:

1 Like

Crowdfunding is 99% a marketing exercise

I’d really like to see this campaign succeed.

Is there a day by day plan for this crowdfunding bid?

I’ve logged into the forum to read the post, but why don’t I have an email notification about the opportunity?

Surely I should be getting email updates about the campaign’s progress from Maidsafe?

Why isn’t the link to the crowdfunding page at top of this page but buried further down in this thread?

Is this the only place it is being promoted?

Where are the articles being placed about the campaign?

Why is the minimum investment so high?

Why does the Synero page show prices for different pledges but the Maidsafe page doesn’t have any pledge levels visible without creating a login?

I hope you can find ways of promoting it daily and allowing for other pledge levels to participate.

Good luck

5 Likes

I’ll try to answer a few questions, don’t know the answer to every single one of them.

You didn’t need to login to the forum to read this post or are you talking about the bnk to the future forum?

An email from Maidsafe went out when the campaign went live, don’t know if they’re going to send another one later on.

This thread is a sticky so everyone should see this thread.

Twitter and some news articles as well.

The other questions I can’t answer but I’m sure someone from Maidsafe will answer those soon for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m quite surprised this is advancing so slowly after such a promising start. What could be the reason?

Thanks for the replies.

1 Like

I made a new thread to gather various sites we could use to spread the word.

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/list-of-crypto-newssites-podcasts-etc/11253/1

2 Likes

Exciting update coming according to BnkToTheFuture:

https://twitter.com/paul_btc/status/778723483823984645

7 Likes

Maybe another argument to attract investors: a better future alternative for youtube and its heroes proposal. See the amount of dislikes of this video …
On reddit you can see why it is disliked. For instance you get points instead of money to do the work…

TL;DR People are scared that the YT Heroes volunteers are going to report videos they disagree with rather than actually hurtful content. Other responsibilities from the Heroes program are subtitles or deleting hateful comments for points.

1 Like

Hello, I am new here. I just want to let you know, that I love this project. I already bought some MaidSafe coins. I would like to invest into company, but since minimum doesn’t seem to be reached I decided not to invest. In fact, I was in a stress on the first day, if I will be able to invest faster then others. But since it went slow, I did not invest. So I am a good example of an missed investor. I thing, if minimum were lower, than much more people would invest more money. So I really hope some miracle will happen, minimum will be reached and than I would be happy to invest.

Anyway, if this funding fails, you should try it again in few months with better hype strategy. It is like with coin investment. People tend to buy on pumps, since they do not want to miss the train.

1 Like

That makes no sense… the rules are simple. If the minimum is not reached, then there is no payment. If you want to invest, then do so. It took more effort to talk about why you didn’t.

5 Likes

You get what you invested back if the minimum is not reached! Get in there and support the project you love!!!

6 Likes

I imagine a couple of aspects which could come into play here. Some people may not be confident enough to invest in something unless they see loads of others doing so - perhaps they don’t trust their own judgement unless it’s confirmed by others.

Another aspect could be that it makes no sense to lock in your money if you’re confident that this fundraiser will not be oversubscribed. Before the end of the investment window, better opportunities could conceivably come along (not likely in my book). Or maybe you expect exchange rates (fiat or btc) could fluctuate in your favour before the end (e.g. Bitcoin drops). Generally speaking there will be more information available later on, so logically it would make sense to wait.

I know that what I’ve typed doesn’t exactly fit in with @Username1’s statement, so sorry about that @davidpbrown - I’m not trying to disagree with you. Just pointing out some things around the outskirts of the discussion…

Having said that, I have already invested because I desperately want to support the team. I want to live in a better world in the future. I am also prepared, depending on developments, to top-up my investment later on if I can afford it and if it looks like it will be helpful.

6 Likes

Nope, it is not the same, Sending money to some website and than waiting for refund is not the same as not paying at all. I am very small investor, so my money will not help much to reach the minimum. But sending money somewhere and than risk refund especially if I want to pay with BTC is not the same. And I am sure that there are more people like me, who look at this simillar way. And since I was robbed on mintpal, cryptsy and cryptostocks at least 50 BTC, I definitelly do not trust BnkToTheFuture so much to send there money for no reason.

4 Likes

Your reasons make sense. It’s a personal judgement. I suspect you’ll not regret buying the MaidSafeCoins if you hold on to them for a while. Do you think you’ll invest if it looks like the minimum will be met?

1 Like

Mostly good points besides the fact that it’s almost to $300,000 on mostly small donations alone. I think it’s possible the big boys might think the pot isn’t sweet enough but the idea that a supporter won’t invest until it looks like others have first is yes cautious but also is sending the wrong message to someone who thinks just like you. That obviously becomes a problem, because you’re not voting with your btc others are scared to vote too. Whereas if that thinking changed everyone would feel confident in their support. You see my point? Take a little risk for freedom.

1 Like

I will definitelly invest if minimum is met. I am a software enginer and for me, all blockchain technology is cool but slow, hyped and hard to go mainstream. But since I found MaidSafe, I realized this is the future. Right now, BTC can handle only few transactions per second. But on safe network, you can use datachains to create blockchain technology, with blocks capable to handle terabytes per block. So safe network is superior to any blockchain technology. Not talking about replacing all the internet, security, anonymity, anonymous gambling, avoiding taxes, replacing torrents, black markets, etc…

I reviewed github repository for all maidsafe code there, and I am impressed. This is not scam, this project is done by amazing people with lot of knowleadge who want to deliver high quality product. This project can fail, but not investing into it is stupid, since this is like investing into Google or Apple at early days.

13 Likes

The minimum is too high. I’m a Maidsafe fan but right now cannot afford £1000. So I’m out sitting on the sidelines.