MaidSAFE question: DHT

This may have already been discussed but I’m trying to get a short and simple version as to this question.

My understanding is that the MaidSAFE network is essentially a giant Distributed Hash Table (correct me about this if I am wrong). What features about this separate it from a Kademlia DHT? What gives this a unique flavor?

Glad to be back after a long bit of school everybody.

Nevermind, it appears I have found something. 2.6 How does the MaidSafe-Routing DHT compare to the BitTorrent Mainline DHT? - YouTube

2 Likes

If you find the answers, maybe post a summary here (and any links to info) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This will also help I hope

2 Likes

Thanks a ton David. I’ve been considering an application to develop for MaidSAFE but also utilizing a blockchain service like Bitshares. Coordinating between the two is still a very abstract concept in my head, but the DHT capabilities of MaidSAFE could prove very useful.

Where do you expect this routing system will stand in terms of Big O? Will it be constant or is there some overhead in the process?

1 Like

Very worst case is Olog(n) where n in number of nodes, but in reality it’s much less than that as routing tables do not have a separation of a single bit between each full bucket, so the actual result would be something of the order of ((n * group_size (or parallelism)/add_space) * Olog(n). The address space is enormous though which would seem to invalidate this a little, but it’s along this route. I am sure we could work it out pretty fast, but if you assume Olog(n) then you will be in worst case arena. A;ways good to work from there I feel.

2 Likes

Completely agreed. Thank you for your honesty and no bullshit attitude. It is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

more than welcome, any time.

1 Like