MaidSafe Loan Opportunity - APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED!

This was asked in the predev update but might be more appropriate asked here since it is more likely to get answered and noticed by more people who are interested in the answer

4 Likes

I will ask @sharontannahill to add an update on this tomorrow. As far as I know there as only one person who susequently dropped out.

8 Likes

if possible I have friends who will take his place :dragon_face:

4 Likes

Only thing is, theres lots of people would like that one placeā€¦

2 Likes

this is true, but are these people in the forum reading, writing and communicating ā€¦ In my opinion the people who are here every day should have the advantage ie. the local people :wink:

1 Like

kinda surprised only 1 dropped out. I was thinking people might try to game this a bit. Buy some MAID and if it stays stable or go down then participate in the loan and if it goes up (like it did) just sell it and be like aww sry canā€™t do the loan anymore. Or even just sign up to loan X MAID and if you can afford to buy it cause price goes down enough then great and if not oh well.

I guess there arenā€™t many gamers here.

7 Likes

ya this is a different kinda crowd then the average crypto traders where for sure a much higher percentage would try to game the system if it was legally possible.

2 Likes

Am 1st on line :nerd_face:

28 posts were split to the topic: [https://forum.autonomi.community/t/maid-relisted-on-chainrift-exchange-shutting-down)

Any update on this? More than one year of funds should be remaining with the increase of $MAID right?

Yes we have closer to 3-4 years of funds at current (low) run rate.

28 Likes

Thatā€™s fantastic news

8 Likes

Yes I think thatā€™s true :smiley: What we need now though is focus and building the community contributions with some tighter leadership (in the loose sense mind you). Itā€™s so much better to not money worry though. Some equity investors and VCs think money starvation keeps the mind keen and work rate up, but the team we have now would baulk at that. They just need time, thatā€™s all just time as they are dedicated to launch. Itā€™s a good position never the less.

26 Likes

Ok awesome!

1 Like

Thatā€™s great to hear! If we can get a test net out by April, I hope to contribute in one way or another for a while! :smile:

I think the main pressure now is getting a test net out there, so other devs can build upon it. I certainly have a few apps that I want to have a go at!

11 Likes

Yes, this is the current push, thereā€™s a couple of nice to have, i.e. simplifications, infrastructure fork resolution (a routing issue) and API updates for consistent data and then testnet visibility. Right now we are pushing visibility but the other changes need to happen (mostly). So personally I feel a testnet fast then a couple of quick (and I mean quick) iterations to put the last bits right.

We have put a soft limit now on code contributions (pull requests) to 200 lines. This is a sign of our confidence the code is extremely close, no more massive changes, just tweaks. Letā€™s see though, all we can do is be open and honest, I feel the team have proven skill and capability in the last 12 hard months. So we keep pushing :slight_smile:

27 Likes

That sounds great! Once folks outside of this community can see tangible output, Iā€™m sure their interests will be peaked. That will surely bring in more devs and supporters of the project.

11 Likes

The runway looks good. But hope that does not mean 3-4 years to network :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I hope it means resources that will speed development and allow for allocation of budget to necessary near-term initiatives like exchange listings, 3rd party dev support, etc. :blush:

2 Likes