MaidSafe Loan Opportunity - APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED!

Paying for exchange listings is legal and common practice even in equities markets.

2 Likes

Please keep it like this for 1+ year and don’t let growing btc/eth craze hit again and do office expansions and bulk hiring until a v1 network is there. Hire technical expertise if needed for certain things but I think the lean running and keeping the brightest of your existing crew happy is most important. Important for the team to reflect internally and react based on where its strengths are and hire in areas that need proficiency. Seems yall have done that recently for example with crdt work and I think that pattern of working to strengths and picking up folks where areas lack is the way to reach a proper finish line for v1.

10 Likes

Definitely agree with this. I think the primary expenditures should be about fueling development (i.e. staffing devs/designers) and expanding access to MAID (i.e. funding exchange listings). Everything else the community can help out with in one way or the other.

6 Likes

The sooner we have a network the better it is. And more exchanges are a definite to help boost liquidity. There is no other way around that :blush::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

UniSwap v3 with zk-Rollups it’s only a matter of time, all insecure CEX will go down in history. DEX with layer 2 solution and ERC20 MAID token is all we need :rosie:

3 Likes

I’ll believe it when i see it. Been here long enough to know not to get too excited over any possibilities :sweat_smile::innocent:

I don’t like “luck”, nor do I like being “contrarian” just for sake of wanting to be “different”. If there are tried and true methods (like a broad exchange footprint) that have worked for every other successful project, I will first adopt the tactics that work (which doesn’t prevent me from then innovating to go beyond the present day standard). On average, all other dApp Platform and Decentralized Internet/Storage projects are listed on 37 exchanges with 67 trading pairs. The top performers are listed on 47 exchanges with 86 trading pairs. Do the math.

Obviously, I don’t think MaidSafe needs to apply to 30 or 40 exchanges right now. However, there is a pressing need to add at least 2-5 reputable, high-volume exchanges as soon as possible. Given the positive impact on price that a broader exchange footprint provides, the listing fees are actually negligible. Simply put, one should not fall for the self-adulatory trap of wanting to be a nonconformist.

3 Likes

I will only say goodbye to CEX. People lose their money there. There is only one future and the huge growth of DEX and DeFi shows it: Parabolic growth puts Total Value Locked (TVL) in DeFi at record $37.17 billion

We have also never gotten on a big high quality exchange(hence the problems). Binance, Coinbase, Kraken etc. I expect if we land one of those spots it will be less headache, we keep going with these cheap mom and pop ones which I personally think will never be valuable. We need a network fully built and deployed and then and then 1 big listing of the new coin and a way to migrate off our temporary maid tokens, preferably Binance + Binance US or something of that sort. Getting Bittrex US back would be great too, even for MAID for the time being. I remember @Sotros25 posting something about bittrex US the other day but can’t remember the full context.

2 Likes

Do you remember how the 7th largest exchange in the world was hacked last year?

Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of people lose their money in centralized exchanges every year? For 2019 there are 500 thousand, I am waiting for 2020 - I think there will be more…

In total, $292,665,886 worth of cryptocurrency and 510,000 user logins were stolen from crypto exchanges in 2019.

We really only need DEX - everything else is a waste of time and money.

1 Like

I hold some eXRD Radix so I’ve been following what they are doing. They are on these exchanges. I don’t know how good or bad these are. But being a project that is trying to gain visibility they have listed here.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m gauging interest in different exchanges. So far there’s interest in Kraken, Bitfinex and Bittrex (in that order).

3 Likes

Only thing I had against Kraken as a US user last I glanced at them was no free ACH in/out with my bank account(not going to spend 50 dollar wires back and forth). Once they fix that if their fees are comparable to coinbase pro/gemini I will be in.

1 Like

Personally I think DEX still need to mature(needs to be super user friendly) and attract the general crypto base before I would fully commit resources to lots of DEX integrations. Coinbase backs their users funds and I think Binance does too to some degree(Funds are SAFU lol). Long term I think DEX will be the way, but for the next 4-5 years I still think having a top tier crypto exchange that is clear net will be very much needed to at least introduce the larger crypto audience to SAFE Network(even if just speculating on our coins value, at least it will hopefully make them google us and tell their friends etc.) . If there are any statistics showing that there are any DEX out there competing with volumes and total users surmounting to coinbase/binance etc. then I would support getting integrated with them too soon.

1 Like

Have you ever used UniSwap or 1inch? The only problem is the high fees at the moment.

Everything else is perfect - there is no KYC, you don’t ask for your money from someone else when you want to withdraw it, it works 24/7 and even if the front end falls, there are spare ones, ie they can’t block your access. It is beautiful.

:lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.coindesk.com/defi-flippening-uniswap-topples-coinbase-trading-volume%3Famp=1

3 Likes

I have not used them before but if this is all true then awesome(although high fees would deter me so might wait till they do better there), I would support going on Uniswap with our new network token when its time then (probably not waste the time with MAID, on dex or centralized for now). Just let it be the token to be converted mostly first before going on with our official token, save exchange listing headaches and pains.

1 Like

I think radix is a good project to keep an eye on how they are doing their rollout. Also a UK based entity, been in development for 7-8 years and also launching their mainnet this year. They have a erc-20 token which will be swapped one for one with their own native token when mainnet launches. Lots of similarities

1 Like

Per Nick’s statement regarding Bittrex delisting the reason (or one of them) was MAID had no utility on the network.

I dont think we stand a chance of changing that view until we have the Safe Network Token.

5 Likes

It seems disingenuous to me because there are so many projects that launch with an erc20 token that eventually plan to migrate to their own chain. Not sure Bitrex’ stance on those but annoying none the less.

3 Likes

9-12 years now!? :wink:

1 Like