MaidSafe Loan Opportunity - APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED!

That’s fantastic news

8 Likes

Yes I think that’s true :smiley: What we need now though is focus and building the community contributions with some tighter leadership (in the loose sense mind you). It’s so much better to not money worry though. Some equity investors and VCs think money starvation keeps the mind keen and work rate up, but the team we have now would baulk at that. They just need time, that’s all just time as they are dedicated to launch. It’s a good position never the less.

26 Likes

Ok awesome!

1 Like

That’s great to hear! If we can get a test net out by April, I hope to contribute in one way or another for a while! :smile:

I think the main pressure now is getting a test net out there, so other devs can build upon it. I certainly have a few apps that I want to have a go at!

11 Likes

Yes, this is the current push, there’s a couple of nice to have, i.e. simplifications, infrastructure fork resolution (a routing issue) and API updates for consistent data and then testnet visibility. Right now we are pushing visibility but the other changes need to happen (mostly). So personally I feel a testnet fast then a couple of quick (and I mean quick) iterations to put the last bits right.

We have put a soft limit now on code contributions (pull requests) to 200 lines. This is a sign of our confidence the code is extremely close, no more massive changes, just tweaks. Let’s see though, all we can do is be open and honest, I feel the team have proven skill and capability in the last 12 hard months. So we keep pushing :slight_smile:

27 Likes

That sounds great! Once folks outside of this community can see tangible output, I’m sure their interests will be peaked. That will surely bring in more devs and supporters of the project.

11 Likes

The runway looks good. But hope that does not mean 3-4 years to network :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I hope it means resources that will speed development and allow for allocation of budget to necessary near-term initiatives like exchange listings, 3rd party dev support, etc. :blush:

2 Likes

I wonder if you know if there are any legal obstacles for paying for exchange listing. Storj claims that they do not pay anyone for legal reasons:

StorjLabs is not affiliated with any exchange and do not pay them to list our token or implement functions - they do it on their own, driven by demand, not by request from token owners. We are legally limited in ability to interact in such a direction.

Paying for exchange listings is legal and common practice even in equities markets.

2 Likes

Please keep it like this for 1+ year and don’t let growing btc/eth craze hit again and do office expansions and bulk hiring until a v1 network is there. Hire technical expertise if needed for certain things but I think the lean running and keeping the brightest of your existing crew happy is most important. Important for the team to reflect internally and react based on where its strengths are and hire in areas that need proficiency. Seems yall have done that recently for example with crdt work and I think that pattern of working to strengths and picking up folks where areas lack is the way to reach a proper finish line for v1.

10 Likes

Definitely agree with this. I think the primary expenditures should be about fueling development (i.e. staffing devs/designers) and expanding access to MAID (i.e. funding exchange listings). Everything else the community can help out with in one way or the other.

6 Likes

The sooner we have a network the better it is. And more exchanges are a definite to help boost liquidity. There is no other way around that :blush::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

UniSwap v3 with zk-Rollups it’s only a matter of time, all insecure CEX will go down in history. DEX with layer 2 solution and ERC20 MAID token is all we need :rosie:

3 Likes

I’ll believe it when i see it. Been here long enough to know not to get too excited over any possibilities :sweat_smile::innocent:

I don’t like “luck”, nor do I like being “contrarian” just for sake of wanting to be “different”. If there are tried and true methods (like a broad exchange footprint) that have worked for every other successful project, I will first adopt the tactics that work (which doesn’t prevent me from then innovating to go beyond the present day standard). On average, all other dApp Platform and Decentralized Internet/Storage projects are listed on 37 exchanges with 67 trading pairs. The top performers are listed on 47 exchanges with 86 trading pairs. Do the math.

Obviously, I don’t think MaidSafe needs to apply to 30 or 40 exchanges right now. However, there is a pressing need to add at least 2-5 reputable, high-volume exchanges as soon as possible. Given the positive impact on price that a broader exchange footprint provides, the listing fees are actually negligible. Simply put, one should not fall for the self-adulatory trap of wanting to be a nonconformist.

3 Likes

I will only say goodbye to CEX. People lose their money there. There is only one future and the huge growth of DEX and DeFi shows it: Parabolic growth puts Total Value Locked (TVL) in DeFi at record $37.17 billion

We have also never gotten on a big high quality exchange(hence the problems). Binance, Coinbase, Kraken etc. I expect if we land one of those spots it will be less headache, we keep going with these cheap mom and pop ones which I personally think will never be valuable. We need a network fully built and deployed and then and then 1 big listing of the new coin and a way to migrate off our temporary maid tokens, preferably Binance + Binance US or something of that sort. Getting Bittrex US back would be great too, even for MAID for the time being. I remember @Sotros25 posting something about bittrex US the other day but can’t remember the full context.

2 Likes

Do you remember how the 7th largest exchange in the world was hacked last year?

Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of people lose their money in centralized exchanges every year? For 2019 there are 500 thousand, I am waiting for 2020 - I think there will be more…

In total, $292,665,886 worth of cryptocurrency and 510,000 user logins were stolen from crypto exchanges in 2019.

We really only need DEX - everything else is a waste of time and money.

1 Like

I hold some eXRD Radix so I’ve been following what they are doing. They are on these exchanges. I don’t know how good or bad these are. But being a project that is trying to gain visibility they have listed here.

3 Likes